Search found 20 matches

by OneHour
30 Jul 2013, 16:04
Forum: News
Topic: MMX Music Composers
Replies: 28
Views: 12489

MMX Music Composers

I agree with you completely, Jeff. I am just tired of being told that my input is “incompetent, immaterial and irrelevant.” (Bonus points and a discount on a new “Geri-chair” to the first one to reference that quote without doing a web-search.) My personal opinion (in the area of gaming) is that mus...
by OneHour
30 Jul 2013, 12:10

MMX Music Composers

I stand corrected hellegennes. Once again, you are right and I am wrong. Your personal preference is certainly more valid and more right than mine. I will go sit in a corner and shut up and wait for more of your wisdom to bless my humble eyes.
by OneHour
29 Jul 2013, 14:39

MMX Music Composers

I suppose that some people just get more immersed in the experience than others. For me, mood music is important for TV and movies and for…um… evenings of… “Physical intimacy” – but not so much for games. It is just a matter of personal preference. And I still don’t believe that anyone purchases a g...
by OneHour
27 Jul 2013, 11:37

MMX Music Composers

And, really, does anyone buy (or refuse to buy) a game based on the music?

I usually turn it off after the first few minutes because it is just the same short clip repeated over and over (and over and over and...)
by OneHour
07 Jul 2013, 11:52
Topic: MMX Voting #3
Replies: 16
Views: 6512

MMX Voting #3

It will REQUIRE U-play? Sigh! – Is there a way to go back and change my vote on the poll: Will you buy MMX? I voted “yes,” but I’m thinking a change to “maybe” might be appropriate.
by OneHour
07 Jul 2013, 11:47
Topic: MMX Voting #4
Replies: 20
Views: 8958

MMX Voting #4

I am just guessing here but -- I wonder if, for instance, B won. Would we then be asked to vote for Air, Light, OR Dark? As someone posted there – it would be much easier to decide on what to vote for if we had a better picture of where this is all going.
by OneHour
02 Jul 2013, 15:41
Topic: MMX Voting #3
Replies: 16
Views: 6512

MMX Voting #3

It could also mean something as "simple" as pressing a series of buttons or throwing a series of levers... in the correct order before one can pass on or reach a certain location. Such "puzzles" abounded in 6 and 7.
by OneHour
27 Jun 2013, 13:22
Topic: MMX Voting #2
Replies: 29
Views: 12403

MMX Voting #2

Hmm… Okay… If you say so. I know it works that way with Government Bureaucracies, but I thought private businesses had more flexibility. The ones that I worked for did, but I never worked for a software company.

Thanks for clarifying that.
by OneHour
26 Jun 2013, 16:55

MMX Voting #2

Exactly. There is obviously a limited budget, and I feel that songs in taverns are a less desirable way to spend those limited resources than integrating Arcomage. So far, there has been little money invested in these songs. Once they hire professional musicians and start paying for rehearsal and st...
by OneHour
26 Jun 2013, 15:59

MMX Voting #2

Frankly, I’d rather they spent the time and money integrating Arcomage into the game rather than coming up with some (not very impressive) Tavern Specific tunes. I think that would add much more to the gaming experience.
by OneHour
07 Jun 2013, 15:00
Topic: MMX Open Dev Blog
Replies: 8
Views: 6524

MMX Open Dev Blog

I just spent about 45 minutes poking through there. IF they actually follow through with it, I will be a “Happy Camper.” And the “Vote on a Dungeon” idea is… unique! (?) It is actually a way for those fans who don’t have the connections needed to become Testers to get involved in the game design. (N...
by OneHour
06 Jun 2013, 14:05
Topic: Duel of Champions Expansion
Replies: 13
Views: 12453

Duel of Champions Expansion

I too wonder how many players there actually are. There must be enough to make a decent profit off it though, or the game would just disappear. Personally, I have never understood the attraction of on-line card games. But some of the artwork (for this game) IS pretty darn good… So, there’s that… I g...
by OneHour
10 May 2013, 15:08
Topic: Shades of Darkness - Views?
Replies: 12
Views: 13061

Shades of Darkness - Views?

I have to agree with "Crayno" on this one. I think I'll wait for it to show up on GOG. Yes that means a LONG (years?) wait, but at least it will be playable by then. I know that there is a LOT more variety in operating systems, and hardware, and drivers than ever before... But don't you al...
by OneHour
09 May 2013, 14:40
Forum: Articles
Topic: Thjorgard
Replies: 2
Views: 3203

Thjorgard

Two more things I should have mentioned: 1: You can actually visit the Training Hall and get a Black Chest more than once per (Game) day. As long as your group can take the beating, you can teleport out and then re-enter. (This may be a glitch unique to the version I have. –The CD from the “Platinum...
by OneHour
08 May 2013, 13:48

Thjorgard

Some comments on the Training Hall: This is best done after one of your party members has Town Portal and your Disarm Traps character is an Expert. As above, kill the two Ghouls. Then go W to the corridor leading to the room with two “Lizard-Orcs.” They are fairly tough (especially early on) but as ...
by OneHour
08 May 2013, 13:48

Thjorgard

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/254
by OneHour
09 Apr 2013, 14:21
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Your Favourite M&M
Replies: 106
Views: 51625

I always felt that 6 had the best story (and was the biggest) but gameplay was still a tad crude. 7 was a close second. But I like the different races/classes in 8. Nine has the weakest story, and all the "3D" did was make it less compatible with many computers. Still, over all, not a lose...
by OneHour
08 Apr 2013, 15:02
Topic: MMX Q&A #2
Replies: 21
Views: 10638

MMX Q&A #2

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" I am a HUGE fan of the M&M games, even more so than the Heroes series. I have played 6 through 8 so many times that I don’t even need the auto map system anymore… and I don’t care! I have only played 9 twice as I can’t seem to get it to work on my new syste...
by OneHour
17 Dec 2012, 00:11
Topic: What is Limbic working on?
Replies: 13
Views: 9119

What is Limbic working on?

I'd love to see a M&M 10. I can't decide which i like better M&M or HMM.
by OneHour
14 Dec 2012, 13:01
Topic: H6 Expansion Q&A
Replies: 11
Views: 5912

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Please bear with me as I am quite new to all this. I have a couple questions. 1- Is it true that one MUST be on-line to play VI? (I tend to wait until all the bugs are worked out before buying.) And will it still be required for the expansion/Gold edition? (Why would they DO that anyway? I've played...

Go to advanced search