Search found 31 matches

by Amehmet
Aug 7 2015, 14:01
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III: Elixir of Life: A Thief in the Night. Possibility to acquire Vokial
Replies: 1
Views: 1289

Re: Heroes III: Elixir of Life: A Thief in the Night. Possibility to acquire Vokial

Huh, that's an amusing occurrence. :) It probably wasn't exactly intended, but it's not game-breaking anyway. Sorry to spoil your fun theorising, but the whole thing is actually much simpler than you figure. First of all, the selection of heroes for hire is identical in every town you own and in eve...
by Amehmet
Jan 8 2015, 15:38
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Sander's Folly Custom Map Help (H3)
Replies: 3
Views: 2667

Yes, note that the map actually has no "lose hero" loss condition, so you can flee as much as you like. Technically, it's impossible to get the loss screen.
by Amehmet
Oct 30 2014, 22:12
Topic: HoMM 3 - Long live the queen campaign
Replies: 16
Views: 5142

Huh, there's a peculiar situation. I really have no idea what could be the cause of your problem, but the map description you've given matches Greed, the final scenario of the campaign Spoils of War. Normally, you choose to side either with the Fortress or the Stronghold faction, while Tyris is unpl...
by Amehmet
Aug 16 2013, 20:17
Topic: Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!
Replies: 658
Views: 187040

Especially when it's 40°C outside. Though I guess it doesn't happen all that often in Scandinavia. :P

Anyway, ThunderTitan, Sighisoara isn't the only toponym in the campaign named after a real-life one. So far in my playthrough, I've noticed Fort Scania and Berghof as other examples.
by Amehmet
Aug 15 2013, 21:30
Topic: Heroes 3 Cyclops Kings
Replies: 19
Views: 6818

It is, but I guess GreatEmerald means initial ranged attack and assumes you have a unit faster than the enemy's ranged units. You're right that the fastest unit normally gets the first turn -- and unless I'm mistaken, if both the attacking and the defending side have a unit with the same speed, the ...
by Amehmet
Aug 15 2013, 14:59
Topic: Heroes 3 Defeated Heroes and Taverns
Replies: 2
Views: 2249

Yes, there is. In Tools > Map Specifications > Heroes you can set each hero to be recruitable only by certain players.
by Amehmet
Aug 13 2013, 13:32
Topic: Heroes 3 Campaign Order
Replies: 3
Views: 3464

Shadow of Death is indeed a prequel of Restoration of Erathia. Restoration of Erathia was the original game and Armageddon's Blade was its first expansion pack. Shadow of Death was the second expansion pack, but its disc included full original game as well. Story-wise, Shadow of Death starts 10 year...
by Amehmet
Aug 10 2013, 23:51
Topic: Heroes 3 Seer Hut Question
Replies: 2
Views: 1994

Only the player who's defeated the monsters (forcing them to flee or having them join your hero also counts) can take the reward.
by Amehmet
Aug 10 2013, 22:22
Topic: Heroes 3 Map BurNIng Desire Finaly Done!
Replies: 40
Views: 12816

Not to mention that WoG is painfully unstable.
by Amehmet
Aug 7 2013, 22:44
Topic: need quick H3 editor help
Replies: 4
Views: 1884

Alternatively, you can check "Generate hero at main town" for each player in Tools > Map Specifications > Player Specs, after you check "Has main town". It makes no difference whether you do it this way or manually place a random hero in the town. As far as I know, which town is ...
by Amehmet
Apr 27 2013, 12:01
Topic: Heeeeeeeelp!
Views: 1225

It's a long shot, but is there any chance for one of your heroes to learn the Dimension Door spell? The cavern containing Sandro's town is in the southwestern part of the underworld, close enough to the accessible tunnel to teleport. It doesn't matter that it's covered in black fog, the spell can ta...
by Amehmet
Feb 23 2013, 15:30
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Talk about the weather
Replies: 920
Views: 123551

Mostly cloudy and a comparatively scorching 15°C over here. :D
by Amehmet
Nov 10 2012, 11:26
Topic: Heroes III, make your own hero?
Views: 3178

I don't think there's a way to add additional portraits in the unmodded game, but you can replace the existing ones. Here's a site I found which explains how to do it. The authors left Wizards and Death Knights out from their list of class codes -- they should be 040-047wz and 064-071dk, respectively.
by Amehmet
Oct 22 2012, 19:00
Topic: Hangman vol. VIII
Replies: 2561
Views: 225895

U?
by Amehmet
Oct 15 2012, 16:49
Topic: Nitpicking About the Plot and Timeline
Replies: 23
Views: 9542

The Kreegan arrived to Enroth in 1162 in Night of the Shooting Stars. Search YouTube for Might and Magic VI intro and you see that. They landed on north-western part of continent of Enroth but some of their forced (with their king Xenofex) went to Antagarich and invaded Eeofol. And I'd guess the pl...
by Amehmet
Oct 11 2012, 19:32

Pig?
by Amehmet
Oct 7 2012, 23:38

Maybe they could not wipe out all of them and some of them indeed fled to Nighon. Besides, there are still demons and devils in Heroes 4, so they have indeed survived. Yes, but Catherine gives the impression that not too many of them could have survived, and there's a lot of them in Clash of the Dr...
by Amehmet
Oct 7 2012, 19:41

Where are you getting all these dates? In which games were they mentioned ? Are these dates from the M&M RPG series ? (I've never completed any of them) Unfortunately, I've never completed any of the M&M RPGs either, so I'm getting the dates from the Internet. However, I can think of one ca...
by Amehmet
Oct 6 2012, 13:57

H like Heroes?
by Amehmet
Oct 4 2012, 17:06

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Fan sources say that "Colony" is an abbreviation of "Composite Orbital Learning Opportunity Network Yielder" -- is the full name at least official or is it all fan-made?

Go to advanced search