Search found 294 matches

by Echo
Jul 17 2021, 14:55
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Merge Convergence (for the MM8 section)
Replies: 24
Views: 974

Re: The Merge Convergence (for the MM8 section)

So, with me out of time to poke around M&M for a while, I'm dropping by to deliver my buddy's test-drive report for this "mod": He played with my modified mapstats and items files increasing the spawns across all 3 games, and he had the MM7 Refilled mod active as well. He played throug...
by Echo
Jul 7 2021, 15:14

Well, my impressions on playing the mod up to 14 level - it is good. Hard, but not too hard if you focus all possible buffs. I honestly like having not enough money in M&Ms, not sure why, and pricier spellbooks accomplish that. Oh, also small tip: when you place gold item on the ground, it has ...
by Echo
Jul 6 2021, 19:06

Yeeeah, I miss those gigantic dungeons in the 7 and especially 8. When you were going into the dungeon in MM6, you were in for a proper crawl! In 8, it's usually a very much an in-and-out, 10 minute adventure. Despite 6 being my favorite installment, I absolutely remember 6's dungeons the best. They...
by Echo
Jul 6 2021, 18:57
Topic: MM7 Refilled for the Merge
Replies: 46
Views: 5601

Re: MM7 Refilled for the Merge

Also, you ditch ALL the starting gear? No spells or mages, or healing for Body magic users? Do you just punch things, but for that one bow in the crate near the docks? I do, indeed, punch things :-D Or try to steal stuff to hack things with instead and get money for the basic healing spell and such...
by Echo
Jul 6 2021, 15:06

I'm going to try a full reinstall now. (I've used package shared by CognitiveDesign on MMDiscord, which had no mmmerge.t.lod. I've already encountered the first bug, one of the relics (Hercules iirc) has no texture.). Also small note, in spells2.txt you forgot to reduce recovery rate of fire aura. ...
by Echo
Jul 6 2021, 0:32
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]
Replies: 6734
Views: 1002233

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Is it save to overwrite this change over the changed mmmerge.T.lod file and so on? I don't wanna reimport the altered item files. If you overwrite entire mmmerge.T.lod, it will overwrite your item changes. You'd need to pluck out the updated files separately, and then insert them into your modified...
by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 20:52

I'm going to start playthrough of this mod in MM8 including all the files you uploaded (spellbook prices/buffs recovery/mapstats etc.) INCLUDING lightbringer's monster hostility script from MM7 Refilled and will report all bugs I find (unless they involve hostility, as I understand you don't want t...
by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 16:59
Topic: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)
Replies: 18
Views: 623

Re: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

It's gonna be ages before I get to play MM again, so I don't expect anything from anyone :tongue: My current free time is running out, it's gonna be a while since I can drop by here and contribute something again, so I wanted to leave this or that in case it's useful at some point in the future. No ...
by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 16:53
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]
Replies: 6734
Views: 1002233

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

If you want, here's an alternative icon for the Dimension Door scroll (since it says it's a scroll, but looks like a book):

by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 15:49

Re: The Merge Convergence (for MM8 maps and dungeons)

Dungeons are now included! First post updated. All the map changes I wanted to do are now done. Phew! :tongue: All that remains now is the cleanup - what needs the Groups, what breaks some hostility it shouldn't break :disagree: For anyone who doesn't care about some potential hiccups related to tha...
by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 13:27
Topic: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)
Replies: 18
Views: 623

Re: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

Thanks :) Alas, coding quests is definitely not my thing. So I just wrote them out in case someone rolls in who'd like to code some quests, but writing them out was not their thing in turn ;)
by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 7:47

Re: The Mini Merge Convergence (WIP)

but nobody except of Echo acted on it as of yet. Actually I did it a little bit in my MM7 Refilled for the Merge mod, from late last year -- mainly putting actual pirates in Tidewater Caverns, but a few other places too. Looks like Echo's going whole hog with it. Awesome! We definitely need more li...
by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 7:46

Also I would encourage everyone to use groups for added mapmonsters ('Group' field which corresponds to NPCGroup.txt entry). There are several evt commands that operates with monster groups (typical usage example - pirates invading Ravenshore). That's what I did for my Refilled mod, Echo, and you h...
by Echo
Jul 5 2021, 7:42
Topic: MM7 Refilled for the Merge
Replies: 46
Views: 5601

Re: MM7 Refilled for the Merge

2. Sad to hear that. I tore my hair out trying to comprehend hostiles.txt , even with Greyface's documentation. Fortunately, cthscr and another on the CH discord helped me out with a simple groups script. Hopefully it's a minority of monsters that fight each other still. A few of the MM7 monsters (...
by Echo
Jul 4 2021, 20:28

Re: The Mini Merge Convergence (WIP: areas done, hostility amess)

Right so, here's the Hostile.txt with the monsters I'm using set to hostility of 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qFooTLZgzq2k0HtY0ptqAvfnDLtKhtxx/view?usp=sharing (first post now also has all the other personal changes @Eksekk, pick and choose) I don't think it works as it should - it does make ...
by Echo
Jul 4 2021, 11:09

Re: The Mini Merge Convergence (WIP: areas done, hostility amess)

Okay, so chickens, cats, dogs - no problem at all, they're nicely fixed now. I got a question though - say, Ghouls are set to 0 vs team, and are friendly when I placed them. Why is that a 0 to begin with? Is there a reason? And why does it not apply to the ghouls native to MM7? I can change it, but ...
by Echo
Jul 3 2021, 22:43

Also I would encourage everyone to use groups for added mapmonsters ('Group' field which corresponds to NPCGroup.txt entry). There are several evt commands that operates with monster groups (typical usage example - pirates invading Ravenshore). I don't quite know what this entails right now, but I ...
by Echo
Jul 3 2021, 20:57

Ooo, how'd you get around the monster variety limitations? Or was it simply just "nobody thought of using more monsters"? I just hand placed them, same as I did with my previous mod. When you hand place monsters, they're not limited by the 3-type mapstats.txt table :) Yay, you're making a...
by Echo
Jul 3 2021, 10:40

Part 2 now, because wall drills woke me up: Garrote Gorge obelisk area has been taken over by not-quite-dragons. One or two of them might also have discovered a taste for the dragon flowers, so be careful! https://i.imgur.com/dIO1U3l.jpg The hills over there are no longer so barren, there's even a s...
by Echo
Jul 2 2021, 23:18

The Merge Convergence (for the MM8 section)

You are free to edit, dismantle, dismember, reupload, and repurpose any and all parts of this little project for the sake of your own MM endeavors. WARNING: Some naturally friendly creatures in MM7 will be hostile! You *can* play through MM7 part and complete it, it will just be a bit weird. Detail...

Go to advanced search