Search found 18 matches

by RyuMaster
30 Sep 2016, 17:28
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake
Replies: 306
Views: 415635

Re: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake

The Knight does get the magic resistance in MM6. It could be they decided to get rid of it because they rebalanced the Knight by giving him Armsmaster. I actually never knew the Knight didn't get that in MM7. I see, you know lots of stuff :) I guess I'll post questions like this here, if I encounte...
by RyuMaster
27 Sep 2016, 22:03

namad wrote:so you rename the .ra file to an .exe?
Yes, I did it and it works.
by RyuMaster
27 Sep 2016, 22:02

There are still many odities in original code, maybe there is some good way to report them? Anyone needs it? For example, I can see that: if (pCharacter->classType == PLAYER_CLASS_KNIGHT) pCharacter->sResMagicBase = 10; knight gets sResMagicBase on start, but this value is never usued in any calcula...
by RyuMaster
09 Oct 2014, 19:55
Topic: A drip of blood; A drip of truth [MM7-Type Game][WIP]
Replies: 19
Views: 16399

Well, I could not assemble good team - people are with lots of real-life problems, and tends to run away fast. In order to attract professional developers, I decided to get greenlights status. So, if you like the game idea, please vote for it on this page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filed...
by RyuMaster
23 May 2014, 12:01
Topic: Is monster respawn a good thing?
Replies: 11
Views: 7427

Thank you for the replies. I decided to go MM5-like way. There will be possibility to perform a ritual in every area, completely cleaning it from monster respawn and getting many XP for this. But as an option, there will be always a choice not to do so, and grind on the monster and loots every year.
by RyuMaster
18 May 2014, 15:16

If respawns are all about levelling up, then I find it more interesting to add extra high-level areas, which will allow to grind up to level 200 without respawns, or, which is more practical, few random-generating dungeons seems like a better solution to this. Random-generated dungeon is a respawn i...
by RyuMaster
17 May 2014, 10:17

Hmmm, maybe I should keep respawn cycles only in the locations, where it makes sense. I personally hated, if goblins respawned in Harmondale area. But, if rats respawns in the sewers, maybe it is fine. I never thought of respawn cycle as punishment, actually, looking at if from this point of view, a...
by RyuMaster
16 May 2014, 19:30

Is monster respawn a good thing?

Hey, everyone, while working on my current game, I struggled with one question. Basically, in RPG, I like to be perfectionist: clear every map, every corner. Diablo 1 was superb for me, while Diablo 2 felt not so fun - everytime I reloaded the next day I wanted to play, map respawned, I could not co...
by RyuMaster
14 Apr 2014, 08:13

Oh, I see, that sounds a lot more reasonable, I was afraid you somehow made all the coding, level designing, plotting writing AND art alone in the span of 2 months and was starting to suspect that maybe aliens visited the Earth and left us some human robots here after all ;| No, but in all seriousn...
by RyuMaster
12 Apr 2014, 21:12

[quote="Echo"]Looks really intriguing, I'll most certainly keep tabs on it! Best of luck man, and I hope we get to see the finished thing. Are you working on it completely alone? And did this in just about 2 months? :o[/quote] I did, well, for, the GUI I hired artist to draw base PSD file,...
by RyuMaster
12 Apr 2014, 21:06

I could easily see a MM Type game that would be Steampunkish. Swords, shields and armor would still work, as would bows, but there could be flintlock guns, that does more damage, but takes longer to reload. Mechanical contraptions would have to be the core of it. I really want to keep the game away...
by RyuMaster
03 Apr 2014, 18:36

Thats a good solid base. I like it. What was your development time on that demo? Thanks, that is what I wanted to had - ready engine with all major features. It took me 2 monthes, but as I had to freelace for some money to make my living, I'd say 1.5 I really want you to not have such an awkward na...
by RyuMaster
03 Apr 2014, 18:34

It looks really interesting. I hope you can make it a reality. I also hope you either make the inventory more spacious or reduce the bulkiness of items. It seems like armours take a lot of space. I was thinking about that too, so I have made inventory scalable i.e. I can make it any size just by ma...
by RyuMaster
02 Apr 2014, 09:58

1. The feel of exploring, something not "visible", you only know what is it when you come close. So i expect the unexpected. Oh, I know that feeling! Death Mountain Summit from Zelda comes to mind, when you put it this way. In MM7, I felt the same way about Titan Stronghold, thought it wa...
by RyuMaster
02 Apr 2014, 00:38

A drip of blood; A drip of truth [MM7-Type Game][WIP]

Hey, everyone! My dream is to become the greatest game designer in the world, I am Orvald Maxwell, and here is my first game in-progress :). Its heavily based on MM7, so if you liked the original, you might be interested in this one too. I'll be sharing my ideas and screenshots, and hope to get feed...
by RyuMaster
16 Feb 2014, 22:22
Topic: Strange numerals in spell table
Replies: 2
Views: 2735

Strange numerals in spell table

Hey there! I've extracted spell table from the source files of mm7 to check on spell recovery time. Here are fire magic spells: 1, 1, 1, 1, 60, 60, 60, 40, 0, 0, 0, 0}, { 2, 2, 2, 2, 110, 110, 100, 90, 0, 3, 0, 0}, { 3, 3, 3, 3, 120, 120, 120, 120, 0, 0, 0, 0}, { 4, 4, 4, 4, 120, 120, 120, 120, 0, 0...
by RyuMaster
31 Jan 2014, 04:57
Topic: MM7 Damage Calculation
Views: 3785

I see, thanks!! - is simplifies formula by a lot. So can I assume, those ones are correct (For single-wielded weapon): PlayerAttack = AccuracyAttributeBonus+ExpertArmsmasterBonus(if melee wepon equiped, or unarmed skill learned) + WeaponAttackBonus + WeaponSkillAttackBonus (+ Bless) Chance To Hit = ...
by RyuMaster
30 Jan 2014, 17:08
Topic: MM7 Damage Calculation
Views: 3785

MM7 Damage Calculation

Hey! Anyone ever spotted physical damage formula for MM7? Not a hit chance, but how actual damage is calculated minding all the resistances and other possible reductions.

Go to advanced search