Search found 18 matches

by Sunlover
03 Jul 2016, 06:25
Forum: News
Topic: H7 Walkthroughs Completed
Replies: 8
Views: 4876

Re: H7 Walkthroughs Completed

Just a thought, with the Steam Sale going on right now and H7 being down to $15 [which is the price point *I* am going to leap in and play it at; since the reviews were mixed around Release Day, and game mechanics problems from what I understand], you might want to consider keeping it going until ye...
by Sunlover
02 Jul 2016, 20:10
Topic: Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy
Replies: 2
Views: 7367

Re: Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy

You forgot to tell people about the Sylanna's Ancient near 5, maltz - or mark it on the map. It's behind a row of Succubi, which also contains an artifact (I got a Sword of Might). It will help with early leveling; but if you have to come back to it, it's a non-factor as you've already hit the level...
by Sunlover
06 May 2016, 18:23
Topic: The Ranger - The Archipelago
Replies: 2
Views: 4867

Re: The Ranger - The Archipelago

Just FYI, playing the Steam version of HOMM5, even after you get all 4 ancient artifacts, the flag still doesn't get set for quest completion. Which sucks ass. :/ Great c0d1ng, Ubisoft. [I know, who cares about a 10 year old game anyways, right? Just sharing truth here though.]
by Sunlover
02 Jul 2015, 01:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons
Replies: 24
Views: 21317

Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

Quote from Kardszy, 3+ years ago: "I advise visiting it because it gives 4 spell power and 4 knowledge to the 1st hero (the one you pay with) [the Mapmaker hut, NW sector]". Sadly I did not measure Raelag's stats before I fought the enemies in front of the Mapmaker, but I *did* measure bot...
by Sunlover
21 Jun 2015, 19:41
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Spy
Replies: 25
Views: 17251

Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy

Playing again for fun after running into some annoying issues on Heroic with HOMM5 (main) on Warlock... Just wanted to put a cautionary note out: on this stage, above point 7, there is a magic boost guarded by Wolves. You might think the wolves will join you as they have been helpful in some other s...
by Sunlover
13 Aug 2014, 00:52
Topic: The Mage → Zehir`s Hope
Replies: 42
Views: 29059

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

1.6, Hard (frowns) I'm...more than a little baffled that people in years past have *****ed about Zehir's army being weak in the final battle. Did none of you do any army swapping between heroes to bolster otherwise weak players? Zehir, by far, thanks to his Banish ability (woe to you if you didn't p...
by Sunlover
30 Jul 2014, 22:28
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 75432

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

Hard 1.6. I didn't know what I was in store for, so I "looped back" twice for more army reinforcements (I came back halfway, Dirael or Talanar came halfway and met me). Surprisingly, I caught Nicolai "napping" with a weak army in Abi-Libur -- behind another guy who had a weak arm...
by Sunlover
23 Jul 2014, 16:25
Topic: The Ranger → The Refugees
Replies: 59
Views: 32297

The Ranger → The Refugees

Just a side note: you don't always get Resurrection at the Mage Vault even if you have the Expert Light Magic skill; oftentimes it seems to grant Teleportation. Useful if you want to throw some Ancient Treants up close and personal against demonic hordes, but not as much as Resurrection of course. A...
by Sunlover
23 Jul 2014, 16:22
Topic: What Comes Next?
Replies: 62
Views: 26063

What Comes Next?

Prrrrrrrrrrrobably Heroes VII. I know not too many here have stated their preference, but my least favorite chapters of this to date have been 4 and 6 (I never played the original, #1 :D ). It's silly (if somewhat unique) to have an entire storyline based around all the children of a single family. ...
by Sunlover
04 Apr 2014, 19:47
Topic: The Cultist → The Promise
Replies: 28
Views: 20559

The Cultist → The Promise

A few notes [v1.06, Hard] - if you're having difficulty making it to the end to fight Stephan before Veyer does, consider bypassing these areas: 1) the area with the ghosts (though this isn't a time factor issue). Why on earth would you stop to fight those? They'll just whittle down your forces whil...
by Sunlover
04 Apr 2014, 18:51
Topic: The Cultist → The Betrayal
Replies: 35
Views: 24336

The Cultist → The Betrayal

Just some small notes...re: the priests guarding the Boots in the starting day [this was on Hard, v1.06] - they foolishly seem to attack whatever group is closest to them. I started this scenario taking the Cerberi group and rushed forward with them vs a single stack of Priests. As a result my Cerbs...
by Sunlover
04 Apr 2014, 18:21
Topic: The Cultist → Agrael's Decision
Replies: 18
Views: 17661

The Cultist → Agrael's Decision

FWIW, I just ran this on v1.06 Hard difficulty - it's really a joke, especially if you have Expert Light/Resurrection. I didn't lose any forces until I got to the "restock" island of demon forces, and even at the end with 19 Emerald Dragons (I was trying vainly to get Agrael to level 30, h...
by Sunlover
04 Apr 2014, 00:48
Topic: The Cultist → The Ship
Replies: 41
Views: 34677

The Cultist → The Ship

There are many ways to solve this chapter, as have already been posted -- wanted to share mine as well since it's a little unique. :) * This was on Hard difficulty, vers. 1.06, Agrael had expert logistics, pathfinding, and an interesting 3 schools of magic (destructive, light and dark), and enlighte...
by Sunlover
02 Apr 2014, 08:21
Topic: The End of CH
Replies: 14
Views: 8909

The End of CH

I sincerely hope that was a joke. I'm presuming it is, since the post came from "The_Jester" and has a @gmail.com address, not a @celestialheavens.com address. This website is so much better than the official site and FB pages, the *official* site should shut down and pay you guys homage -...
by Sunlover
02 Apr 2014, 08:13
Topic: The Cultist → The Conquest
Replies: 140
Views: 62956

The Cultist → The Conquest

Wanted to put in my 2 cents...played this on Hard, patch 1.06 (latest). I tried this with about 30 variants - following the guidelines here (now FAULTY - someone really needs to edit it out now!! :O ), with Enlightenment, Dark Magic, Light Magic, Dark and Light Magic, all 3 (on top of the obvious on...
by Sunlover
14 Mar 2014, 20:47
Topic: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer
Views: 14800

The Warlock ￾→ Raelag's Offer

Just finished Raelag's scenario on Hard, version 1.6. The hardest chapter, by far, was the 3rd one, The Cultists. I kept trying to play on hard and kept getting spammed with enemy heroes going everywhere with overpowered armies and beating me down. I *finally* did it, thanks to 1 magical item that s...
by Sunlover
30 Jan 2014, 20:39
Topic: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer
Views: 14800

The Warlock ￾→ Raelag's Offer

I have to mention this (playing through again on Hard) - where this walkthrough says "(Option C) Take the Red Keymaster Tent (red K) in the north, and pass through the Red Gate (red G) in the east. Enter the underground passage nearby (4)." -> it should really say (5). I was going to try a...

Go to advanced search