Search found 18 matches

by Skeeve
31 Jul 2011, 09:10
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Grigor Minchev
Replies: 12
Views: 8893

I'm fairly certain that Grigor's name did not get attached to Nexus Polaris intentionally. For one thing - Grigor doesn't speak English all that well. It would be obvious that the map wasn't his own from the very first timed event (provided you do actually have timed events!) I would contact the web...
by Skeeve
06 Jul 2010, 18:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Mod request/question - arcomage
Replies: 7
Views: 3626

Funny - back when MM7 was brand-new, I thought that Arcomage was an actual 3D0 game to be sold separately as an online-competition game.
by Skeeve
23 Jun 2010, 19:58

Thanks - I see it now. Do all his maps begin with "A"? I was beginning to wonder that since I'm more or less playing in alphabetical order and it seems like every other map is a Minchev. His maps really are some of the most challenging ever made. I just started playing "Attain Hard&qu...
by Skeeve
23 Jun 2010, 19:54
Topic: Heroes III - Map Editor
Replies: 5
Views: 4067

I downloaded the map and will try and take a look at it tonight.
by Skeeve
23 Jun 2010, 17:24
Topic: Heroes III - Map Editor
Replies: 5
Views: 4067

To answer your questions: 1) I think within the Map Specifications you can select what level heroes are limited to in experience. However, the default is unlimited, so I'm not sure how you accidentally selected Level 1. 2) In order to allow choice of hero, I think you either have to place a random h...
by Skeeve
23 Jun 2010, 17:19

On Map Archives 1, there is a Grigor Minchev folder. I would guess that would be a good place to put reviews for his maps. You could start a new folder in the Files section titled Reviews and put them in there. That's a good idea! :D I went to Map Archives 1, but cannot find the Grigor Minchev fold...
by Skeeve
20 Jun 2010, 10:58

Wow - didn't know he was a Chess player. Well, that certainly makes sense. His maps require the utmost in strategic thinking. As for his English - Well, I got that information directly from the source! I wrote to him and told him that his maps were outstanding, but asked why didn't he include a plot...
by Skeeve
18 Jun 2010, 20:11

He seems like he would rather have you on your toes rather than anything else. He's a master for doing that. I agree. His maps make the player sweat. If you've played "acceptable" you'll know what I mean. That map gave me nightmares. I think I woke up once vaguely expecting an army to com...
by Skeeve
18 Jun 2010, 19:19

Grigor Minchev

Has anyone played maps by this guy? He is a prolific HOMM3 map-maker and has some of the most interesting and challenging maps I've ever played. Unfortunately, none of his maps have any plot to them, but that's not his fault - he's from Bulgaria and doesn't know all that much English. When playing h...
by Skeeve
14 Jun 2010, 18:49
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Disabling the annoying intro to battle music?
Replies: 9
Views: 10208

GreatEmerald wrote:The program searches for any unpacked resources in the Data folder. If it doesn't find any, it takes them from the packed .snd file.
Interesting. Well I tried and it worked. Thanks for the tip!
by Skeeve
11 Jun 2010, 16:45

Place 7 empty wav files in Data and name them: BATTLE00.WAV [......] BATTLE07.WAV Thats all. To get other sounds disabled, get resedit and extract the Heroes3.snd into a folder, replace the ones you don't like with empty wavs (same name, placed in data folder) Thanks - I will try that. But how does...
by Skeeve
09 Jun 2010, 04:49

Re: Intro Battle Taunt

emrysblack wrote: I believe the intro music is not inside the music folder but in the .snd file in the data folder
I noticed that file, but is it possible to extract and remove the intro music? I think it's needed to format the sound for the rest of the game.
by Skeeve
04 Jun 2010, 18:56
Topic: A few newbie questions
Replies: 47
Views: 27064

Wow, you really use a lot of the advanced features. I've found that some of the user-made maps are either too easy when wogified with the options you mentioned, or downright impossible. For example: The Cumulative Guards option can make some maps impossible because the author designed the map based ...
by Skeeve
04 Jun 2010, 17:24
Topic: A few newbie questions
Replies: 47
Views: 27064

...what i like about wog is the possibility to enhance traditional Heroes 3. Same here! Everytime I play a standard HOMM3 map, I wogify it. After a few minutes of playing, if I Wogified with too many rules options that affect gameplay, then I start over and Wogify with less options. I like the fact...
by Skeeve
03 Jun 2010, 19:42
Topic: Extracting the Minimap
Replies: 8
Views: 3573

Thanks for that link AS; The minimapper tool is great. Still time consuming for hundreds of maps, but useful nonetheless. In my search, I found that the .h3m files can be renamed to have the extension .gz which supposedly can be unzipped by winzip. The binary data is then readable from that point - ...
by Skeeve
03 Jun 2010, 15:37

Thanks - that's what I've been doing, actually. :) I was hoping there was a faster, easier way, since I was planning to do this with hundreds of maps.
by Skeeve
03 Jun 2010, 15:20

Intro Battle Taunt

I was interested in disabling the battle intro music too, but I can't find any appropriate file in the MP3 folder. Any idea what the filename is?
I've listened to every single one and none of them match what I'm hearing at the beginning of the battle.
by Skeeve
03 Jun 2010, 14:56

Extracting the Minimap

Does anyone know of a utility that was written to extract the minimap from an HOMM3 map file (.h3m)?

Go to advanced search