Search found 16 matches

by Pyroxene
22 Mar 2022, 09:47
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth
Replies: 98
Views: 233185

Re: Heroes 4 The Restoration of Axeoth

Wow you wanna make Magi upgradable to Evil Sorceresses? That would blow apart the balance I think.

Yet I want to play it! :-D
by Pyroxene
02 Mar 2022, 12:31
Topic: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee
Replies: 16
Views: 7257

Re: Heroes 4 Ultimate v5 by Nimostar - Review and ongoing play journal by CJLee

My main gripe is the colouring of life spells to now be some kind of sickly yellow! What's up with that? :-D I played all the Gathering Storm campaigns on the mod. My main issue is that a number of ranged units are now berserkers - Centaurs, Cyclopes and Titans, while Berserkers... are not (re-inven...
by Pyroxene
07 Feb 2022, 03:37
Topic: Heroes IV Ultimate edition v5 with Succubi, etc.
Replies: 17
Views: 13854

Re: Heroes IV Ultimate edition v5 with Succubi, etc.

Just tested the Masters of the Elements campaign on Equilibrius mod and the scenarios worked perfectly fine there. So its an issue with the Ultimate mod.
by Pyroxene
07 Feb 2022, 03:07
Topic: Heroes IV Ultimate edition v5 with Succubi, etc.
Views: 13854

Re: Heroes IV Ultimate edition v5 with Succubi, etc.

I'm currently playing the Gathering Storm campaign on the newly-released Ultimate mod. The mod has shaken up things and made gameplay interesting, though I wouldn't necessarily agree with some of the thematic changes (why is Ghastly Fate - a spell that reanimates Poltergeists aka Ghosts - a GM Order...
by Pyroxene
03 May 2013, 01:53
Topic: (Heroes III) Which was your favorite campaign? Story-wise
Replies: 4
Views: 4090

Armageddon's Blade campaign was the best for me. Although that could largely be attributed to how overpowered Sharpshooters are.
by Pyroxene
01 Nov 2012, 03:10
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: State of balance in 1.8
Replies: 2
Views: 6745

I'd be more interested in Limbic and Ubisoft focusing their efforts to fix the bugs still inherent in the game, before we talk about balancing it. Stuff like Seraphs and Celestials having their resurrection abilities swapped and not fixed despite the introduction of the last patch is especially glar...
by Pyroxene
17 Feb 2012, 08:20
Forum: News
Topic: Quiz: Round #6
Replies: 6
Views: 3141

Quiz: Round #6

12) An army comprising hero(es) with GM Magic Resistance?
by Pyroxene
03 Feb 2012, 01:37
Topic: Question about Sorcery and Hand of Death? (HOMM IV)
Replies: 9
Views: 5603

The Archmage class bonus and the Staff of Death bonus will work and stack with each other. You could also build the grail building in a Necropolis for an even bigger boost. I don't think the Sorcery skill improves Hand of Death however. Hand of Death is a spell that seems good on paper but is useles...
by Pyroxene
30 Jan 2012, 03:55
Topic: Sanctuary Mission 3 - what skills to pick?
Replies: 12
Views: 6685

On second thoughts, you'd probably do better if you picked Haste and Slow instead of Stone Skin 1 & 2.
by Pyroxene
30 Jan 2012, 01:32
Topic: Sanctuary Mission 3 - what skills to pick?
Replies: 12
Views: 6685

Since Irina is tears/magic, I would recommend the following: 1) Reinforcements 1 & 2 2) Heal & Mass Heal 3) Regen & Mass Regen 4) Summon Water and/or Earth Elemental 5) Petrification 6) Time Stasis 7) Meditation 8) Teleport 9) Lightning Bolt & Chain Lightning plus optional Daze 10) A...
by Pyroxene
30 Jan 2012, 00:56
Topic: Tips on farming exp for dynasty weapons
Views: 4698

That doesn't really work because gaining of dynasty weapon exp from fighting obscenely large stacks seems to be capped. For example, I obtained over 150k experience from fighting 10,000 goblins but my DW gained only 30k exp. However, this DW exp gain cap does not seem to apply to units fleeing from ...
by Pyroxene
26 Jan 2012, 01:09
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 156137

Regular Slow or Haste are still good and I always learn both for my heroes. Use them when you it is important for your slow initiative unit to go ahead of an enemy in the combat turn. The mass versions however are pretty much useless. -1 movement is laughable, and likely will not prevent most of the...
by Pyroxene
25 Jan 2012, 13:11
Topic: Tips on farming exp for dynasty weapons
Views: 4698

Tips on farming exp for dynasty weapons

Any tips on farming exp for dynasty weapons? Apparently the exploit in one of the earlier threads has been patched out so that's a no-go. There isa post somewhere on this site that linked me to a map that supposedly had all the dynasty weapons lying on the floor waiting to be picked up and legions o...
by Pyroxene
25 Jan 2012, 00:42
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright
Replies: 8
Views: 10740

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright

The boss's auto-ability to reduce damage from melee units significantly means factions with 2 or more ranged units will fare better than the rest. I also obtained the achievement for not having multiple units hit by the boss's breath attack, even though I got hit a gadzillon times by it. Probably an...
by Pyroxene
25 Jan 2012, 00:42
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright
Replies: 8
Views: 10740

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/804
by Pyroxene
25 Jan 2012, 00:25
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Epilogue - Tears such as Angels W
Views: 14251

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Epilogue - Tears such as Angels W

You could just cast petrification on a minion before unloading on Michael. Hopefully you are using a magic-affinity hero and have skilled either the petrification or earth elemental spells. If not, it's a long shot at buying the appropriate scroll at the artifact merchant or finding one.

Go to advanced search