Search found 5 matches

by dr_nick_94
22 Jan 2012, 17:06
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Your favourite faction?
Replies: 28
Views: 14092

Must say I'm surprised they've only got 3 votes so far... Haven may not be the most fun in my opinion, but in terms of combined army strength, they're probably the best. Shame that their training ability is reduced so much in the expansions. I suppose it's made up for with some excellent alternate u...
by dr_nick_94
14 Dec 2011, 19:59
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III keeps crashing in Windows 7
Replies: 73
Views: 103762

I think it helps (though does not prevent the crashing) if you make Heroes III only run on one core on your processor. You can do this on Windows task manager, right click the heroes 3 process and click 'set affinity', and tick only CPU 0. I think it's because Heroes 3 was designed in a time where v...
by dr_nick_94
22 Nov 2011, 13:57
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 35536

I think they each have something to offer, and the small differences depend more on your style of playing. I agree the Castle is the best town for most strategies, (particularly the AI player style), but for me I think Tower is the best. This is probably because I'm usually too protective and don't ...
by dr_nick_94
21 Nov 2011, 17:47
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Your favourite faction?
Replies: 28
Views: 14092

I like the elves too, but I went for Academy because with their special ability, you can make your army significantly stronger than any other faction. The the artificial ability allows you to target the weakness of each of your units, and by the time your 3 rangers each end up with 14 initiative, yo...
by dr_nick_94
20 Nov 2011, 17:15
Topic: Sprite Evolution
Replies: 48
Views: 26261

I went for the HIV one because I like her back-flip animation. I like the HV ones too, though perhaps they went a little overboard with the vines in a desperate attempt to keep this a PEGI Teen/12 game in the case of the pixie... So out of the H5 two, I'd go for the sprite because she has a more mod...

Go to advanced search