Search found 39 matches

by vmxa
14 May 2012, 13:41
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Wish they had put more effort into the NPC's in VII
Replies: 12
Views: 7086

NPCs don't have voices. It's your party members that are speaking. This. Also as long as you didn't stack your party with humans, the voices will be much different from MM6. Dwarves and Goblins are very different from the character voices in MM6. All of the elvish voices feel more high pitched as w...
by vmxa
14 May 2012, 13:37

NPCs don't have voices. It's your party members that are speaking. Huh! You walk up to a wandering NPC and they say things like Goodday, Hello and so on. Often you get a female NPC and they speak in a deep male voice. It has nothing to do with the party. Some do not speak, you just get a text that ...
by vmxa
13 May 2012, 20:54

Wish they had put more effort into the NPC's in VII

I started a game and just got annoyed with the NPC's in Harmdale. So many have the same voice and not many phrases either. I was thinking it would have been so useful had they coded the NPC for type. IOW some feature made it easy to tell a tracker from a scholar. I would be happy if all classes were...
by vmxa
04 May 2012, 13:41
Topic: MM6: can't get to Free Haven
Replies: 3
Views: 4655

BTW iirc you can use an exploit to get to Free Haven. NPC with TP are allowed to port to any town with a fountain. Normally you have to have taken a drink at the fountain first, except at White Cap. Not that useful early in the game as you have to find one and have the gold to hire, if they will let...
by vmxa
04 May 2012, 12:54
Topic: MM6: can't get to Free Haven
Replies: 3
Views: 4655

iirc you have to travel by foot to Free Haven the first time. Silver Cove also needs to be done manually the first time.
by vmxa
30 Apr 2012, 12:57
Topic: Might & Magic VIII and Might & Magic IX Boxes?
Replies: 6
Views: 4437

I would not expect to get the boxes from Amazon, unless they specified they were part of the package. Ebay is about the only place that you may be able to find boxes.
by vmxa
15 Apr 2012, 15:10
Topic: Couple MM8 Questions
Replies: 34
Views: 16493

spoiler inside

Yes you have to finish three alliances and then you get the quest to check on the pirates. This will lead you to get to Regina eventually. It has been a while since I messed this up so I am not sure of the sequence, but once you get the Sink the fleet quest you must not come back to Ravenshore till...
by vmxa
08 Apr 2012, 14:53

I was not sure which game was being addressed. I should have checked the title of the thread lol.

Never heard of a bank getting rob though in MM. The MM6 manual says the banks are safe.
by vmxa
07 Apr 2012, 13:40

xzavian wrote:Where can I learn more light magic spells?
You have to go to a Light shop. IIRC the desert has one, so does Celeste and Murwoods.
by vmxa
07 Apr 2012, 13:38

Money in a bank cannot be stolen. I seem to recall that I had money stolen at a shop or by an NPC many years back.

I am not sure, but I would not be surprised if you lost money if you went to prison. I have not had that in a very long time, so can't recall.
by vmxa
05 Apr 2012, 19:05
Topic: mm8 quick question
Replies: 4
Views: 2702

You can get there with ease by taking the stable in Ravenshore. Don't recall which shops offer plate as I do not use knights.
by vmxa
05 Apr 2012, 18:56
Topic: MM7: Dragon on Emerald Isle
Views: 10298

Get the wand of fireballs from Malwick. Either take the deal or drag fire flies onto him. Get bows and hit the fire boost and the DoG. Learn to run backwards and shoot bows and drop some fireballs. No need to save and reload. If that is where you are, just use the editor and give everyone a wand of ...
by vmxa
09 Mar 2012, 13:49
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 613
Views: 405635

The highest address in my save is B51F0. (MM6)
by vmxa
08 Mar 2012, 14:25
Topic: Favorite MM game
Replies: 35
Views: 19482

dammit people, play the older games, all i hear is MM6 here, MM8 there, too much of the later titles. MM3 for me all the way. I find them unplayable. Maybe, if I had played them when they came out I could get into them. I tried several of the earlier ones and did not see it. My bad, but there you a...
by vmxa
04 Mar 2012, 16:38
Topic: Favorite MM game
Replies: 35
Views: 19482

I change my fav all the time. It was MM6 for a long time. Then I started to favor VII and later VIII. Homm3 is my favorite Heroes. I have played Kings Bounty of late (the newly made ones). My son was maybe 13 when he got into Xeen. I had to buy both so he could have them mesh for the extra game. Tha...
by vmxa
10 Feb 2012, 13:15
Topic: Hi guys! newcomer have few questions..
Views: 4941

Getting VII to work on Win7 seems to be tricky for some. First I would be sure to get the Greyface patches. Did you run into any issues installing such as disk read failures? If not, did you run the installer as admin? Then the game as admin? I had issues with the install, but I have the oiginal ver...
by vmxa
07 Feb 2012, 14:42
Topic: Ultimate MM7 party
Replies: 155
Views: 87789

The problem with Druids in MM6 is you win the game, before they can even do their promotion quest.
by vmxa
06 Feb 2012, 03:08
Topic: Mod to play solo in M&M7?
Replies: 13
Views: 5269

To me, if all my characters die, I lost and I would start a new game. You do not have to do that as you can "cheat death" as the reaper says. I just call it a loss and start over.

I also treated not having the void scroll as a loss. Served me right for not paying attention.
by vmxa
03 Feb 2012, 17:52
Topic: Mod to play solo in M&M7?
Replies: 13
Views: 5269

I am confused. If you have 4 charaters (MM7) and 3 are dead and the solo dies, you lose the game. So why worry about jumping off a clift and reviving?

I know I played solo many years ago, I just let the other drown and helaed my main. Then played the game.
by vmxa
22 Jan 2012, 19:57
Topic: Arcomage Clone layout
Replies: 18
Views: 12831

Looks very good. I did not respond as I do not even knock on her door to get the quest any longer. It just felt like it took me out of the game too long and it caused a lot of game crashes.

That may be corrected with Mok and Greyface, but I just skip it.

Go to advanced search