Search found 51 matches

by mysticc
03 Nov 2011, 05:16
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Questions on improving MM8 party
Replies: 7
Views: 5072

Master Bounty Hunter quest? What's that? :)
by mysticc
02 Nov 2011, 19:53
Topic: Questions on improving MM8 party
Views: 5072

Questions on improving MM8 party

I've played through MM8 again after many, many years and I'm almost finished - I'm at the part where you have to kill all the elementals in their various planes. I've been fairly lucky with getting a lot of nice items I think, but I was wondering how I might improve it, just for the hell of it. 1. W...
by mysticc
02 Nov 2011, 00:21
Topic: Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes
Replies: 15
Views: 8452

The Monk seems like it's going to be one of the most interesting classes, and in theory, all of the GM skills look really sexy. But then you gotta wonder why you are putting up with a character that doesn't use weapons and doesn't use armor for so long until you finally get the most out of them. A K...
by mysticc
01 Nov 2011, 22:14

Well, I wouldn't say the Dark Elf is a mixed class. In MM8, Knight/Dark Elf/Necromancer/Cleric form the basic classes, while all the others are auxiliary. Dark Elf is the natural support class, and it's the best in the game for that role. In fact, Dark Elf is sort of broken in that it gets to master...
by mysticc
01 Nov 2011, 10:59

Looking back at M&M games (7-8) and their classes

I just installed my old copies of M&M games for the heck of it. Took awhile to figure out how to get them to work, but they still work ;) I'm a little disappointed in the classes and the general design. I remember it to be a lot more varied than it actually is. I guess 10 years will do that (eit...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 22:46
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Wow, this game is rediculously hard
Replies: 20
Views: 12956

Yeah, this campaign kind of blows. I killed 2 more heroes from the south and north-east positions, and there's just no way 1 hero with an army can take care of both threats. I don't see how I can split the army up into 2 either because they are bring like 100 archers, 70 sisters, 110 praetorians, et...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 20:21

Well, I'm playing on Normal, and with the right skills picked (I always, always pick Reinforcements and Regeneration, and Heal when it's available). And I do play most battles on quick combat, only switching to manual mode when I feel I could do better and it's worth my time. So far I've played the...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 20:08

Okay, I just beat the second town of the first Necropolis campaign mission after starting over... AND I did it with only losing *2* ghouls in total, rather than losing 20+ of each of my 3 stacks. How? Because the enemy hero wasn't protecting the town this time - he was so far out that I got fight hi...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 17:21

- It helps to buy 2 or 3 secondary heroes and give them all the skills in the second tab of might skills. With Moander and just 1 other secondary hero, you get 3 additional core units per week, which is a lot. Wow, really? I didn't know that. I will give this a try. - If you have the resources, als...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 17:03

While I don't consider reloading as cheating, it's something that kind of annoys me. On easy difficulty, why do I need to do something like this to beat a map? I'll grab 3 random games I've played: Assassin's Creed 2, Anno 1404 and Warcraft 3. I've played these games on the easiest possible difficu...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 02:25

Yeah, I don't think I turtle. I think my playthrough wasn't perfect though because I realized that by not even replenishing my units and by just pressing forward and going as fast as I could, I didn't have enough units to take out the 2nd town without losing my entire army. So I recruited a hero to ...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 01:17

You seem to play like I do and are having the same general problem. You're not losing units, but you're getting your ass handed to you anyway. That's basically me. I am tempted to restart this campaign (I think I've gone past the point of no return now). It just sucks that I basically can't recoup a...
by mysticc
29 Oct 2011, 00:25

I've been trying to abuse regen like this too, but I ran out of mana to keep doing it honestly. How do I get more mana then? I've also been using the faction ability and the ghost's healing spell, but it's not working fast enough :( If this is the easiest, then this game has gotten to be really hard...
by mysticc
28 Oct 2011, 23:04

Wow, this game is rediculously hard

I'm playing the first mission of the Necropolis campaign, and it starts off easy. You can go through basically every battle for the first hour and maybe lose 1 unit the entire time. But then the difficulty ramps up once you get to the middle of the map (where you need to win your second town) In thi...
by mysticc
28 Oct 2011, 18:45
Topic: How to rotate the world map & change camera height?
Replies: 9
Views: 15633

Rotate snaps back - in HOMM V it did not. On the other hand, I guess they made the maps so that you don't have to rotate much, hopefully not many lying on ground objects will be missed by NOT rotating. I don't mind the rotating snapping back. This makes sense if you don't need to use it often. Kudo...
by mysticc
28 Oct 2011, 16:03
Topic: How to rotate the world map & change camera height?
Replies: 9
Views: 15633

Why did they remove the right mouse button control? This worked fine in HOMM5. While I thought the default movement was bad in HOMM5, you can invert the left/right in the options to make it feel more comfortable. I only wish they did the same inversion for up/down in HOMM5, but I digress. It seems w...
by mysticc
28 Oct 2011, 01:34
Topic: I decided to get it
Views: 3914

Ahh. In the previous game, you could split on the tactics screen using the same shift-clicking method. It's strange why they won't let you do it in the tactics screen... :( Anyway, I finished the campaign. I guess my losses were not the feared. They give you more and more troops as the mission goes ...
by mysticc
27 Oct 2011, 23:00

I try and conserve their heal ability and just defend with them until the later stages of the battle, but the biggest problem is that sometimes you just end up healing your sisters... or too many stacks get damaged that you don't have enough castings of it to go around, despite the fact that you are...
by mysticc
27 Oct 2011, 21:48

In regards to #6, I don't think I can get used to it. Here's an example that rears it's ugly head a lot. Example: You need to heal your units with the sisters and you're almost done the battle. Ideally, you want to maximize the number of units healed before ending the battle. There is only 1 enemy a...
by mysticc
27 Oct 2011, 21:20
Topic: Underestimated Skills/Spells/Abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 10903

See that sucks because I think I got advanced light magic with my inferno hero as well as mass haste already... so getting this was basically a waste then. Brilliant :/

Thanks for the explanation. I wish I knew. I would have picked the other thing.

Go to advanced search