Search found 335 matches

by markkur
07 Apr 2017, 17:23
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 306411

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

To all that have offered to help me, I want to thank you VERY MUCH but because of worsening health I need to call it quits. Life is what it is and sometimes we need to do what we do not want to do. I've enjoyed my time at CH and will miss mapmaking etc. Love & Joy to each of you. Make it Great! ...
by markkur
18 Feb 2017, 17:23

Casts..."Summoning" on Yurian Stonebow
Check your messages
by markkur
11 Feb 2017, 16:28
Topic: Heroes 5 Mapmaking Question: Meteors on lava terrain
Replies: 1
Views: 3222

Re: Heroes 5 Mapmaking Question: Meteors on lava terrain

I've never investigated much in this area but I did successfully switch a slow Hero-speed for my Modded hero to the normal-speed by selecting the line in a typical default hero-file. I recommend, either Saving the Map as TEST. Then w/ Editor-open, look at the object in MapView=Object . Then when you...
by markkur
10 Feb 2017, 22:27

TY very much...you now have my message to you.
by markkur
25 Jan 2017, 22:26

... but GreatEmerald was kind enough to share this link https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm5/art_of_lota_complete.pdf of the complete version including all 4 books, in case you lack book 3. TY, I think I already have that, if that is the version Kalah put up. But I'll get it to confirm. To be con...
by markkur
22 Jan 2017, 14:59

(fingers-crossed) Greetings once again: Cepheus, Darkjak & Zenithale Guys, I know it's been years but a small team is now investigating and looking at finishing the 2nd Campaign. Do any of you have the Maps for Book 3? It was NOT released correct? (meaning Maps = part 1 of the Camp) Cepheus pass...
by markkur
18 Oct 2016, 14:05
Topic: [H5] Custom objects tutorial
Replies: 13
Views: 14074

Re: [H5] Custom objects tutorial

Can someone help me. Can someone list what I need to do ?Thx Quickly...I've removed unwanted added-objects by opening the map in 7zip and looking at folders. A Typical map will have a folder named the map's name and then opening it will show you many files i.e. the "map.xdb". What I have ...
by markkur
12 Oct 2016, 16:09
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 113
Views: 93306

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Panda Tar said: "Most of us are in that situation, which feels powerless and helpless somehow. If we all had more power on that question, surely HoMM wouldn't have gone down the fail lane. However I hope this endeavor to succeed, I'm going to watch holistically, while looking for another game ...
by markkur
01 Oct 2016, 23:50
Topic: How to copy/paste map contents?
Replies: 5
Views: 6152

Re: How to copy/paste map contents?

By the OP's signature it seems the topic is H3. Anyway, for grins I'll explain what I did in H5 for another person's needs at the time. I Opened the map in 7Zip and copied the Map.xdb into Downloads. Then I created a new empty larger map and replaced the new .xdb with the copied one from my smaller ...
by markkur
11 Sep 2016, 16:51
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: How to play Heroes 7 (sorry title truncated and I didn't notice)
Replies: 8
Views: 8230

Re: How

That was interesting. Yeah, a lot of folks have not figured out how to make a game more difficult by their own choices. i.e. I play HoI3 TFH and there are easy steps (my game rules) that make the game much more enjoyable than if I instead took advantage of any shortcomings. A couple of thoughts abou...
by markkur
04 Mar 2016, 20:42
Forum: News
Topic: Contents Wanted
Replies: 48
Views: 23650

Re: Contents Wanted

It's been since H5 TotE that we've had <imo> a successful game but even that release was not optimal. I came to the scene late and by the time the game was polished most contributors had moved on. I then spent untold hours helping Q and also here at CH trying to put some life into the H5 arena by of...
by markkur
06 Dec 2015, 02:16
Topic: H5 Tribes of the East Map Editor Missing Content?
Replies: 2
Views: 3783

Re: H5 Tribes of the East Map Editor Missing Content?

I have the same set but I only installed TotE and do have the Editor. I've never seen this before but it might be a clash of Editors. You can install only TotE and then add all the previous maps to play.
by markkur
06 Dec 2015, 02:07
Topic: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?
Replies: 45
Views: 25188

Re: Will Vivendi acquire Ubisoft and Gameloft?

Pol wrote: All in all, Fabrice was showing much more care for franchise than any Ubi representative later. [/i]
Pol. logged on just to say...Bravo :D
by markkur
22 Nov 2015, 06:06
Topic: So is this game worth buying?
Replies: 292
Views: 124669

Re: So is this game worth buying?

...I think it intensifies when factual problems become too frequent, repeating over the years, forcing its way into normality . I'm using Ubisoft as an example of lack of tact and quality competence.For a company such as that, they don't need praise, because it would naturally reflect on their sale...
by markkur
22 Nov 2015, 05:49

...Along the way I got tired. You see, most people do get suspicious if you sound too happy. I got many comments about having an agenda, and maybe being paid to promote something. And as I got older I just didn't care anymore to talk about what I like. You're correct that's likely a big part of the...
by markkur
21 Nov 2015, 18:06

I've not bought the game and will probably not. But I'm coming from a "slightly" different perspective than most posts I read here. Unlike, most here, I play few other games. The HOMM series (can't remember the silly other) is my game and an equal part of that game has been map-making. H5 ...
by markkur
27 Sep 2015, 07:56
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1764
Views: 556231

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

@ Kalah, Panda and Pol

Well that confirms it, my data-transfer is not up to par compared with all of you. Oh well, I am m/l in the "sticks" and at least it's not the 28.8 k that it was at one time. I remember when it doubled to 56 and I thought...wow. <LOL>
by markkur
17 Sep 2015, 22:58
Topic: H5 Naming Random Towns
Views: 5960

Re: H5 Naming Random Towns

Actually I've set two border garissons near eachother ...I put the same ammount on each side... I did the same for years. Either I put the same number of creatures for each level of the 7 faction-units or I put in an identical force of neutrals. I like both routes but I realized later that the one ...
by markkur
17 Sep 2015, 16:13

I made a map like that for my home-state in H3, it is fun to do.

I guess if it were me, I'd just go with set-towns and forget the hassles. <VBG> Surely you have Orcs, Demons and Necros on your borders. <LOL>...just kidding.
by markkur
16 Sep 2015, 13:35

I got ya now. Yeah, when I wanted each player to have a string of a matching random towns, it bugged me too that new names didn't stick. I think it has to be because you cannot archive a file that the game will call up when randomzing <LOL>towns at start. Btw, I tried not using the nice town window ...

Go to advanced search