Search found 19 matches

by ludmeister
16 Jan 2013, 14:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: JeffLudwig MM7 Mod
Replies: 39
Views: 15709

<warning:wall-of-text /> Well, I'm a little late to the discussion, but I'm the one who takes responsibility for this mod. My overarching aim for the mod had nothing to do with the difficulty; it is easier than the original game in some ways and harder in others. I do think it has a more steep learn...
by ludmeister
24 Aug 2012, 13:57
Topic: Might Magic 2 snes question(s)
Replies: 6
Views: 4058

One interesting little element of MM2 that I seem to remember is that many monsters are immune to physical damage from one sex or the other. I've never played the SNES version, but this is definitely in the PC version. These properties seem to be placed on numerous undead critters. Carnage Spirits a...
by ludmeister
22 Aug 2012, 18:14
Topic: Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)
Replies: 74
Views: 223859

I would be honored if the following mods were featured in this list: Isles of Terra Monster Spawn mod World of Xeen Monster Spawn Mod As a cursory glance at the changelogs available via the two links might indicate, they are "Monster Spawn mods" but are so much more than that. In short, th...
by ludmeister
22 Feb 2012, 15:08
Topic: MM3- Isles of Terra modding progress
Replies: 29
Views: 21987

Rune_Caster wrote: When you click on a Xeen Power Water, Red, Orange, Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow, and White Potions then hit esc why does the game consider the item used (as in if you click then click esc 3 times the potion will vanish and no stats will be given) You are thinking about the stat mo...
by ludmeister
28 Nov 2011, 06:14
Topic: MM3/4/5 Monster Spawn (and more) Mods released
Replies: 0
Views: 1683

MM3/4/5 Monster Spawn (and more) Mods released

It is with great excitement (and a little trepidation) that I announce the release of my two Monster Spawn mods. The World of Xeen mod was released about a week ago, and I just released the Isles of Terra mod just a few minutes ago. As with any undertaking that's more than just a trivial change here...
by ludmeister
24 Nov 2011, 05:12

More news on the Might and Magic 3 front. In my playtesting for the MM3 Monster Spawn (and more) mod, I have found and squashed another bug that was in stock MM3. As of now, the MM3.exe conversion kit available at my site includes these two bugfixes: Arena Experience bugfix — Arena awards its bonus ...
by ludmeister
22 Nov 2011, 21:12

If all goes well, I am going to release my World of Xeen Monster Spawn mod tonight. It will be available for download at my site, and there will be a (mostly) exhaustive changelog, a few screenshots and a full item list documenting what is different in the mod. The time is largely dependent on how d...
by ludmeister
21 Nov 2011, 23:48

Haven't dropped the project... actually I'm playtesting through my MM3 Monster Spawn mod. My party's level 50, and I found another oversight in my Default Save files... swapped the names for MAZE35.DAT and MAZE36.DAT, so I didn't see what I expected when I entered the Main Storage Sector :mad: Will ...
by ludmeister
18 Oct 2011, 14:17

I wanted you all to be aware of two updates to the MM3 resources: One very important update was to the Default Save files download… I found in my testing that I had swapped the names of two files within the MM3 save- MAZE53.DAT and MAZE54.DAT. This means that instead of #53’s map data being Map D1 a...
by ludmeister
13 Oct 2011, 17:26

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have updated the downloads on my site... First, there is now a .zip containing the MM3 save game files, handily named in such a way as to be packed with Cedric's Xeen CC Packer . Second, I developed a Might and Magic 3 Monster Editor last night. Since monste...
by ludmeister
13 Oct 2011, 12:42
Topic: MM3/4/5 Modifications under construction
Replies: 3
Views: 2814

How about useless enchantment generations like "metals" on accessories and "attributes" on weapons and armor? "Metal" accessories are still available, and "attribute" weapons and armor are likewise available. The former *are* quite useless, but some of them c...
by ludmeister
12 Oct 2011, 03:55
Topic: MM3/4/5 Modifications under construction
Replies: 3
Views: 2814

MM3/4/5 Modifications under construction

If a bit of shameless self-promotion can be indulged, I'd like to take a moment to announce that I am in the process of creating two mods for these classic games. I understand the philosophy by which the Might and Magic series got away from the Might and Magic 2 tendencies to mob the party with cons...
by ludmeister
29 Sep 2011, 12:50

He did extract them, just that there is no program to play them. This. At least not yet. GreatEmerald has attempted to play Might and Magic 3's Inn ditty in a Xeen midi file player. The other files were also attempted but did not get as interesting a result... some even complaining that "Comma...
by ludmeister
21 Sep 2011, 19:12

I have a question about WoX and possibly MM3 too... I know that Bows do not spawn at Sapphire, Diamond and Obsidian loot levels. And I have always wondered if it might be possible to mod the part that selects what items are available at Gold to Obsidian and Obsidian loot levels. The other question ...
by ludmeister
18 Sep 2011, 01:05

RuneCaster, I've never noticed that in Xeen, but I think you're right, too... I don't think I've ever gotten a Diamond Crossbow (for example) either. I'm sure it's possible to mod that, but it would take some digging into the code. I can't recall whether I've received one in MM3 or not. Bows always ...
by ludmeister
18 Sep 2011, 00:42

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/images/smiles/victory.gif Success! http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/images/smiles/victory.gif I'm not sure I can believe it, but my decrypted MM3.CC can be read from properly, given my edits to the loading algorithm in MM3.EXE. I have attempted to create...
by ludmeister
17 Sep 2011, 16:30

Just a quick update on my progress: I believe I have all 558 files decrypted now. I figured out where in program execution the hash for a particular file was calculated thoroughly, and by changing that hash to the IDs for which I didn't know their true file name, I was still able to decrypt those fi...
by ludmeister
14 Sep 2011, 13:47

Corlagon, I'd expect WizardStan, Agalloch or CedricBusch to be able to assist. If you like I will try and contact them. I've been in contact with Cedric as a couple of his Xeen apps have been instrumental in ferreting out info about the .CC's themselves (MM3.CC and SAVExx.MM3). His work is tremendou...
by ludmeister
09 Sep 2011, 22:16

MM3- Isles of Terra modding progress

Greetings to the Might and Magic modding community! I've been playing around with the various tools out there for working with .CC files. I had a lot of fun creating a monster spawn mod for World of Xeen which gives your party a running challenge. Now, I've gotten interested in working with MM3.CC. ...

Go to advanced search