Search found 46 matches

by pikeman93
19 Sep 2011, 16:08
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Is Torosar good?
Replies: 20
Views: 11920

But for skill specialties, the maximum you can get is 100%, no? So if one has expert armourer (15%) and has a specialty on it, it rises to only 30%. That's only a 15% difference. See this is why I'd rather pick Alkin over Tazar. Tazar at a same level have units that take hits 15% better, but Alkin s...
by pikeman93
19 Sep 2011, 01:07

Yea tower heroes kind of suck. None of the magic heroes have intelligence or sorcery specialities, and almost all alchemists have creature specialities as well as one bad skill. Spell specialties can only do so much.
by pikeman93
18 Sep 2011, 13:00
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 35824

^^With necropolis, I agree that skeletons are very strong, but early on, they're nothing but deadweight (no pun intended). Unless you have animate dead, a strong neutral stack with speed higher than 4 (aka pretty much everything) will guarantee a first strike on the skellies, knocking out 5-20 in th...
by pikeman93
18 Sep 2011, 02:12
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 35824

Sorry for bumping an old thread. BTW, since I've never played multiplayer, a lot of my rankings would go towards how well they can clear maps as well as the first few weeks. My favourite town? Rampart. They can clear even level 6 stacks in week one. One of the best rushers as well. And you can't go ...
by pikeman93
17 Sep 2011, 14:22

Is Torosar good?

I remember UndeadHalfOrc made a poll for the best alchemist, and Torosar was voted as the worst one. However, after trying out all the heroes, I found out that Torosar may be the best at clearing neutral stacks. He starts out with Tactics, a secondary skill that alchemists VERY rarely get, and tacti...
by pikeman93
15 Sep 2011, 20:12
Topic: Heroes 3 fan-made balance patch (mod) updated!
Replies: 140
Views: 132851

Love the patch so far! Better than WoG and all those unnecessary commanders. Thanks UHO! However, I kind of feel that you overnerfed the phoenixes. High growth were their speciality, but now they grow just as much as any other level 7's. Now they're just slightly better ghost dragons with much more ...
by pikeman93
14 Sep 2011, 17:51
Topic: Need help with Tower
Replies: 7
Views: 4306

^^True, but either way, you'll still be recruiting 2 heroes due to the fact that a) you get more gremlins and b) you get more chests. So I'd rather have my second hero channel all the master gremlins to my first hero on day 2 @Maygwan - Yeah, but castle also provide you with 2x more troops as oppose...
by pikeman93
13 Sep 2011, 21:06

Another issue I forgot to mention is the wood and ore cost. I tried many variations and it's extremely difficult to have both the castle AND cloud temple on the second week if there's only one ore and mill on my side of the map (the type I usually play) But giants + 3 master genies - nice I haven't ...
by pikeman93
12 Sep 2011, 21:29

Need help with Tower

I've been reading Jolly Joker's guides and I'm becoming so used to them. However, no Tower guide means that I had to private message him a couple of times, but I feel that maybe a thread is better to address my concerns. I've been playing Tower on 130% and 160% difficulties, trying out what's the be...
by pikeman93
30 Aug 2011, 02:18
Topic: Should grand elves be nerfed?
Replies: 10
Views: 5385

^^Yeah, fair enough. You're right that conflux is broken. Phoenix = instant armageddon FTW. Also, now that I think about it, vampire lords are even more broken than grand elves. Resurrection ability makes its total # of units irrelevant because you can never whittle down its numbers since they can g...
by pikeman93
29 Aug 2011, 11:52
Topic: Should grand elves be nerfed?
Replies: 10
Views: 5385

Should grand elves be nerfed?

Maybe I'm biased here because the last thing I want is a pack of grand elves guarding a gem pond in case I'm playing Tower, but seriously, I think they're too overpowered. At high enough number they could do as much damage as a level 7 unit, and if you have dendroids and unicorns beside them the onl...
by pikeman93
29 Aug 2011, 10:59
Topic: Is Inferno outclassed by Castle?
Replies: 45
Views: 15461

^^lol. If the millions of archangels can't get to your single archdevil because of your force field, then wouldn't that mean that your archdevil couldn't get to them either? And force field has like 5% chance of it being in your mage guild, so I guess it's not such a great idea to rely on force fiel...
by pikeman93
28 Aug 2011, 19:42
Topic: Is Inferno outclassed by Castle?
Replies: 45
Views: 15461

Is Inferno outclassed by Castle?

I've noticed a striking resemblance - everything that inferno can do, castle can do it better. pikemen/halb >>> imps/familiar archer/marksmen >>>>>>>> gogs/magogs hell hound/cerebrus < griffin/royalgriffin (it's very very close though) crusaders >> horned demons zealots > pit lords champions = efree...
by pikeman93
26 Aug 2011, 15:44
Topic: AI mechanics for neutral stack of archers units
Replies: 6
Views: 3551

But what if, let's say, I'm playing Tower and I need to take a gem pond guarded by a pack of grand elves? I've got mage guild, and upgraded workshop for first and second days, and I'm ready to take the pond. Do I transfer all my gremlins to another hero and fight the grand elves with only my gargoyl...
by pikeman93
18 Aug 2011, 16:56
Topic: AI mechanics for neutral stack of archers units
Replies: 6
Views: 3551

AI mechanics for neutral stack of archers units

When fighting neutral stack of archers, how does the AI work? Does the AI only target the unit with the lowest defense, or only archer units with the lowest defense if I brought archer units along with me? If I play castle, fighting a stack of grand elves/evil eyes/storm elementals, and have a group...
by pikeman93
10 Aug 2011, 20:17
Topic: Multi-hex damage penalties - how do they work.
Replies: 2
Views: 2135

Multi-hex damage penalties - how do they work.

I heard that there are damage reduction penalties if a unit's attack targets more than one hex. Let's say a cerebrus attacks two adjacent enemies. Assuming that the cerebrus was supposed to do 4.5 x 15 = 67.5 damage for one hex, what would the damage penalty be for each hex if it targets two hexes? ...
by pikeman93
07 Aug 2011, 16:27
Topic: When's the best week to build a dragons cave (HOMM3 dungeon)
Views: 4535

But the chances of seeing a dragon's cave on a map is ridiculously low, no? And even if it is present, it's probably very far from your base and is guarded by millions of strong neutral stacks.

Salamander - what map do you mostly play?
by pikeman93
07 Aug 2011, 03:02
Topic: How do skill-related character specialties work?
Views: 4555

Ok. Well I guess it's not as broken as I thought. But this is a huge issue with Kyrre though. From here: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes3/secondaryskilladv.shtml, a secondary growth of 5 for logistics for Rangers is not good at all, and you might advance 20 levels without getting a singl...
by pikeman93
06 Aug 2011, 23:56
Topic: How do skill-related character specialties work?
Views: 4555

How do skill-related character specialties work?

Let's say a character has a specialty in logistics (5% per level). And the character has basic logistics as secondary skill (which grants 10% boost). At level 1, would he/she have 10% + 5% = 15% boost in movement, or 5% x 10% = 10.5% boost in movement? Thanks.

I hope to god it's the former.
by pikeman93
06 Aug 2011, 01:50
Topic: Is this a good castle build order?
Replies: 18
Views: 11669

Sorry I don't get it. You had 27 archers and ~35 pikemen and you barely ended up with any casualties after fighting upgraded level 3 stacks. What do you mean by "chaining" and how does it work?

EDIT: NVM I think I know what you mean. :)

Go to advanced search