Search found 60 matches

by Bersaglio
17 May 2018, 20:30
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?
Replies: 7
Views: 8635

Re: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?

Wait button was first introduced in HoMM II. It was fully implemented... but disabled just before HoMM II release in 1996. And it can be easily turned back on. Details in adjacent topic. :-)
by Bersaglio
02 Mar 2018, 17:13
Topic: Heroes IV widescreen on Windows 10
Replies: 5
Views: 10582

Re: Heroes IV widescreen on Windows 10

You probably know it already... it is impossible without gaining game sources from ubi or reverse-engineering of game binaries for many years. Maximum supported resolution is 1280x1024. Stretching is the only possibility.
by Bersaglio
20 Aug 2017, 19:35
Topic: I have issues with my h4
Replies: 15
Views: 7403

Re: I have issues with my h4

One time is enough, the value is remembered in the registry. But You should run the game as Administrator every time. Good luck!
by Bersaglio
20 Aug 2017, 19:08
Topic: I have issues with my h4
Replies: 15
Views: 7403

Re: I have issues with my h4

1. Uninstall the game. 2. Reinstall the game in C:\Heroes4\ or similar folder outside 'Program Files' and 'Program Files (x86)' folders. 3. Start the Command Line Prompt as Administrator and run the following command (as Administrator): sc config secdrv start= demand (there should be a space ' ' bet...
by Bersaglio
01 Aug 2017, 13:24
Topic: NEW campaigns in HoMM III
Replies: 3
Views: 2710

Re: NEW campaigns in HoMM III

1. Stay away from ubisoft and any form of its 'HD Edition'. Ubisoft released a very first edition of HoMM III: RoE from February 1999 (Restoration of Erathia) only without Random Map Generator. You still need HoMM III: Complete (CD Version from 2000/CD version from HoMM Platinum Edition Compilation ...
by Bersaglio
17 Aug 2016, 05:06
Topic: Heroes IV - Windows 10 - Crashes
Replies: 6
Views: 25205

Re: Heroes IV - Windows 10 - Crashes

Try setting affinity to a single CPU core. For example, try making a heroes4.bat file in game directory with following content:
start /affinity 1 heroes4.exe
(assuming that main game executable is called heroes4.exe). Then start the game (as administrator) using this heroes4.bat file.
by Bersaglio
28 Feb 2016, 12:16
Topic: HoMM3:AB won't run
Views: 3406

Re: HoMM3:AB won't run

Try adding some dummy files (about 100-200Mb, sometimes more is needed) to the partition when the game was installed. The problem should go away.

P.S. If You really have 1Tb or more of free space then You should (ideally) decrease free space to 999.9Gb. :)
by Bersaglio
22 Jan 2016, 09:43
Topic: Myth and Legend
Replies: 6
Views: 6245

Re: Myth and Legend

Remember: There are 2 different versions of this map. Here is the link to both versions. It is an exclusive RoE map.
by Bersaglio
20 Jan 2016, 19:57
Topic: Heroes IV won't start
Replies: 9
Views: 21154

Re: Heroes IV won't start

So - The original HoMM IV is working on your system?? It is REALLY STRANGE because any edition of HoMM IV (and GS too, by the way) utilizes Safedisc v2 copy protection. The HoMM IV with GS expansion does not work, and it's expected. :yes: Then try installing second expansion pack (HoMM IV: WoW). If ...
by Bersaglio
20 Jan 2016, 09:50
Topic: Heroes IV won't start
Replies: 9
Views: 21154

Re: Heroes IV won't start

Some HoMM IV releases (GE,UK for example) utilize Safedisc v2 copy protection. Windows 10 can have problem with old copy ptotection (like Safedisc/Securom). Only US release of HoMM IV: Winds of War does not have any copy protection and therefore can work on Windows 10 without problems. In any way a ...
by Bersaglio
11 May 2015, 17:41
Topic: Need a save from all the unlocked campaigns
Replies: 13
Views: 24988

viewtopic.php?t=481

Last post.

Next time, use search.
by Bersaglio
03 Apr 2015, 19:56
Topic: Heroes I-IV Edition Guide / Autorun Screen Gallery
Replies: 58
Views: 77793

GreatEmerald
SpinalBlood
What can you say about this CD image (PM)?
by Bersaglio
31 Jan 2015, 14:29
Topic: Ubisoft = King Midas??
Replies: 24
Views: 13243

+1
Ubisoft should be immediately disbanded for all desecrated games. :devil:
by Bersaglio
30 Oct 2014, 17:43
Topic: HoMM 3 - Long live the queen campaign
Replies: 16
Views: 8886

Stay away from GoG and other crappy so-called 'HoMM 3:Complete' editions. RoE campaigns are unplayable in such releases. First, You need to install HoMM3: Restoration of Erathia from original CD released in Feb. 1999.
by Bersaglio
26 Mar 2014, 15:06
Topic: Play Heroes of Might and Magic III on your mobile devices!
Replies: 31
Views: 30958

It is illegal to demand fee for port of original game. Go home. Still I personally dont believe in cashing in on such applications so chance I will get it for myself are close to 0. This. I can't believe that a launcher for HoMM (not including the game itself) can be paid. It's a nonsence and such ...
by Bersaglio
25 Mar 2014, 08:29
Topic: Play Heroes of Might and Magic III on your mobile devices!
Replies: 31
Views: 30958

Paid?!?!! :devil:
by Bersaglio
03 Feb 2014, 05:46
Topic: HOMM 3 map editor struggles
Views: 5271

If the game was installed in 'Program Files' then you should uninstall your operating system and install Windows XP or earlier. Otherwise you need to uninstall the game, clean corresponding registry entries (created by the game), create folder in the disk root directory (C:\GAMES\ for example) and r...
by Bersaglio
27 Jan 2014, 14:40
Topic: How to edit HOMM 2 campaign maps?
Replies: 7
Views: 8298

Still doesn't work for me. When I try to open an expansion campaign (with .mp2 or .mx2 extension), the map editor crashes... Which version of map editor are You trying to use? 8| Remember that only map editor from Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Price of Loyalty expansion CD (or REAL Heroes of Mi...
by Bersaglio
15 Aug 2013, 07:36
Topic: Heroes 3: List of original maps
Replies: 30
Views: 55688

... You compared them wrong. Proper comparison should be as following 1. Carpe Diem and Race for the Town maps are present in original SoD 3.0! (everybody knows that SoD official patches have a bug due to which these maps are getting accidentally deleted during patch 3.1 or 3.2 installation). You n...

Go to advanced search