Search found 6 matches

by ledger
19 Oct 2011, 11:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: One army syndrome, blood/tears hero limitations
Replies: 1
Views: 2283

One army syndrome, blood/tears hero limitations

Let's open this discussion listing how many different ways this game tries to fight the "one-army-syndrome" that was present in the previous installments: 1. The bottleneck of 1 action per turn for a hero, weakness of mass spells in general in comparison to the single target ones and the i...
by ledger
17 Oct 2011, 20:15
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94916

As to VI, I agree with an earlier poster that the skill tree is almost too much choice, and, for me, too overwhelming. I've had needless anxiety about the vast number of choices, especially when I'm just getting to know the game, and have only guesses as to what skills will be optimal or even usefu...
by ledger
17 Oct 2011, 17:11
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94916

I think it's the residual bitterness from the rough and unpolished state in which V was originally released, and it took several patches and two expansions to get it right. For what it's worth, I'm going to commit a blasphemy and say I consider V the best game in the series. At least, to me it has ...
by ledger
17 Oct 2011, 16:00
Topic: Revised Skill System?
Replies: 2
Views: 1781

Revised Skill System?

Q:What would you say was THE toughest choice/compromise for you during the development? A:The toughest choice was the revised skill system. It was discussed at length with the VIP fans from our private forum, and our first proposal was (justly) discarded in favour of the current system. Is there an...
by ledger
25 May 2011, 23:29
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 55821

Playing a bit of Devil's advocate here: How was it bad? you may not like it, but that doesn't make it bad. It's bad because of how much it complicates map design for multiplayer. If you have a static map where f.ex. mercury is found at very active/contested areas, you will end up having a disadvant...
by ledger
25 May 2011, 11:57
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 55821

H3, being the awesomeness it was, has/had a myriad of gameplay problems that seem to be addressed in H6. The resource system was bad. The skill system was bland and random. The game was basically just using windmill heroes to flag nodes while massing up the main army and leveling that main hero up. ...

Go to advanced search