Search found 8 matches

by d2r
May 14 2015, 16:06
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]
Replies: 477
Views: 193998

2. Where are the save files once you apply the patch? I wanted to copy them and run the unpatched game to double-check. The save files in general, ever since Vista, are put somewhere inaccessible, because Windows doesn't allow writing into Program Files (so it redirects the files to a "safe lo...
by d2r
May 14 2015, 15:41
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]
Replies: 477
Views: 193998

I've been playing through the game, and I noticed that one of the fountains in Bootleg Bay (the +2 permanent intellect one) appears to be bugged with the patch; it only applies the bonus to the first character in the party and just displays "Refreshing!" for the others. I had two questions...
by d2r
Feb 17 2012, 21:55
Topic: (MM7)Gibbet -- worth the investment into spear for a Knight?
Replies: 5
Views: 3219

Re: (MM7)Gibbet -- worth the investment into spear for a Kni

Hey, So Gibbet recently dropped for me, and I've been debating whether to sink points for my champion to get to at least master so I can dual wield it. Currently I'm dual wielding swords (Wallace and Puck), and putting every point into Armsmaster. I reckon I'll lose about three ranks of Arms if I g...
by d2r
Feb 13 2012, 16:11
Topic: Editor Question
Replies: 4
Views: 1382

Does the editor require you to move the save file into the same folder as the editor and rename it? If so its possible you either A: Didn't rename the save back to the original save name, Or B: Replaced the file back into the save folder. Wait, DOES the editor require that? I thought you could just...
by d2r
Feb 12 2012, 23:32
Topic: Editor Question
Replies: 4
Views: 1382

Editor Question

Hey everyone, I've fallen foul of the legendary Lich Jar bug. Since I don't want to lose all my work to date by loading from a previou save, I've been trying to use Stormcat's editor to put the jars in my inventory and thereby bypass the bug. The editor hasn't messed with my files or anything, but a...
by d2r
Feb 12 2012, 22:46
Topic: MM FAQ/Walkthrough list
Replies: 18
Views: 40248

Re: MM FAQ/Walkthrough list

I went to Nighon, grabed soul jars, went to Celeste, went through Wall of Mists without leaving this dungeon and soul jars were in chest. So, order with you completed these quests isn't important (at least in some versions of game). Oh, so THAT'S the problem! I thought the 1.1 (official) patch fixe...
by d2r
Apr 13 2011, 22:45
Topic: Ultimate MM7 party
Replies: 155
Views: 48854

Well, yeah, but if you need the NPC and a lucky item drop (or tedious save/load/rest after every chest), I'm not sure if I'd call it the "ultimate" MM7 party - although IMO it's a great one from the sheer damage output. I have a lot of bad memories of saving and loading in the barrows from...
by d2r
Apr 13 2011, 16:23
Topic: Ultimate MM7 party
Replies: 155
Views: 48854

Hey, everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. :p I thought I'd just weigh in quickly here. When I first played through MM7 three or four years ago, I used the KKCS combo (after a miserable failure with KKKC - big mistake for a beginner) and went light (I'm currently replaying it with the defau...

Go to advanced search