Search found 55 matches

by Quantomas
Jun 22 2019, 10:23
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1668
Views: 212119

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Hey Yurian, You helped me when no one would. I won't forget that. Your life is not meaningless. I stood next to the abyss, the real one. When you are a scientist and work on stuff that has the potential to open the gate to a new age, you have to face the consequences of what you do and also have to ...
by Quantomas
May 14 2019, 7:20
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 106
Views: 29221

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Thanks, Panda & Pol.

Actually a lot of work in the application design and implementation is done in order to not expose the know-how.

Everything you do has consequences. The bigger the impact the more you are required to be circumspect.
by Quantomas
May 9 2019, 19:30

Not that long any more. It's probably time to explain what work is being done, that you can put the aforegoing statement in context. My initial idea was to develop an AI to turn HoMM into a Mecca for TBS enthusiasts, simply by offering challenges that no other TBS can offer. In principle HoMM is ide...
by Quantomas
Feb 11 2019, 7:46
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 295
Views: 162955

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Dear mctronic, that's truly admirable and persistent work. Thank you! :hug: While the new AI hasn't been released in time for Book 3, know that it is progressing well and it will come with a significant upgrade in challenge, i.e. the difficulty, the intelligence that makes a worthy opponent, a fully...
by Quantomas
Dec 30 2018, 14:39
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V - The Long Tale of Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 6
Views: 802

Re: Heroes V - The Long Tale of Legends of the Ancients

Happy Holidays!

Things are looking good.

Keep up the good work. :tsup:
by Quantomas
Aug 20 2018, 15:12

First, your notification of PMs received needs to be fixed. I didn't see a PM from a friend for half a year, because your notification did not work. And on response the friend didn't see my PM for 3 or 4 months. That's abysmal. From the point of phpBB the e-mail delivery works perfecly, all mails a...
by Quantomas
Aug 20 2018, 6:56

Cheers, Groovy!

Maybe it should be made the default.
by Quantomas
Aug 17 2018, 14:31

@Sebastian Actions speak louder than words. Thanks a lot. I was indeed worried this month, so it helps! If you work on something big you need faith, and so far it has always worked out. Not the wrong faith, hey it will surely be fine, won't it? But faith that if you do your best, you will find a way...
by Quantomas
Aug 14 2018, 15:30

Very good. Maybe it's time for some additional explanation to put that in context. When I was starting to work on the HoMM AI, back in 2007, it was a tremendous help to review the original AI code for Heroes 3 written by Gus Smedstad. Particularly the algorithms for ordered tile processing and the p...
by Quantomas
Apr 23 2018, 7:50

Heroes of the Ancient Order is the title for a potential spiritual successor, an analogue to a Heroes 8. Certainly, if I could get Ubisoft to do a H5 platinum edition I'd insist that it wouldn't be a simple re-release but upgraded in major ways. It wouldn't sell otherwise. In some ways H5.5 is incom...
by Quantomas
Apr 22 2018, 16:44

Great News, Wonderful Story and Hero's Journey. Truly, the only thing that can stop a Sovereign Free Will Human BE-ing in their Heart's Desires is choosing to give up. :) Naturally there are things that can derail you. But of course you can choose to see this as a lack of will and a failure to find...
by Quantomas
Apr 21 2018, 17:31

:wall: It has turned a bit into a slog. :up: Technically, there is one week of coding left to complete. 8| But the thing is that most of the work is of a conceptual nature, to figure out how intelligence truly works. It's big and the progress that has been made is mind-boggling. The fundamental conn...
by Quantomas
Feb 20 2018, 9:38
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 295
Views: 162955

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Good news and good work, mctronic!

Maybe I can finish the new AI in time for you guys to test Book 3.
by Quantomas
Jun 13 2017, 15:22
Topic: Pathfinder - Kingmaker
Replies: 1
Views: 941

Re: Pathfinder - Kingmaker

Absolutely worth backing.

The bigger reveals are still coming.
by Quantomas
Feb 27 2017, 14:40
Topic: JVC Skype Interview on Matt Chat 366
Replies: 22
Views: 6312

Re: JVC Skype Interview on Matt Chat 366

Thanks for the info. I may try that. The business side of mobiles is not as simple as many think. Most people think they get rich quickly, but the big earners are only those at the top of the charts. Business might be more reliable on the PC. JVC could easily build a more advanced game based on what...
by Quantomas
Feb 26 2017, 22:52

Sure the Heroes fans are starving for something good after VI and VII. ;)

Did JVC say when Creature Quest is coming to PC?
by Quantomas
Feb 10 2017, 12:18

For me the two main takeaways of the interview with JVC are his investment in the games he creates and his interest in the Might & Magic brand. It wasn't clear for me whether JVC is just an entrepreneur out to make money, after all making a mobile game is clearly following the trend, or has a pa...
by Quantomas
Feb 5 2017, 19:10
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 13775

Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

Jon Van Caneghem in a recent video interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2EvW-0oTU
by Quantomas
Jan 28 2017, 19:03
Forum: Articles
Topic: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem
Replies: 21
Views: 13775

Re: Interview with Jon Van Caneghem

Who did know that Jon Van Caneghem is a successful racing driver?

Apparently he likes to be at the wheel and in control. This mindset is what you need to successfully create a Heroes of Might and Magic game. Makes perfect sense to me.
by Quantomas
Jan 14 2017, 15:22
Topic: Marzhin Moving On
Replies: 45
Views: 10157

Re: Marzhin Moving On

Thank you for your answer. One day you might realise that you are now the most senior Might & Magic creative talent Ubisoft has, if the management indeed recognizes Erwan's effort as a failure. He is possibly still credited the 2 million sales of Heroes V and the reasonable sales of H6, but ulti...

Go to advanced search