Search found 66 matches

by Quantomas
Sep 19 2020, 11:46
Forum: News
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News
Replies: 5
Views: 436

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

This is truly an excellent way to bring back an audience for CH. Great original content is always a goto. Now, I only have to find the time to watch the interview in full, which I certainly will! Regarding a question for the next interview: What approach did you use to make the AI support the way yo...
by Quantomas
Sep 16 2020, 7:54
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 305
Views: 195215

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

book 4 in progress? In principle we can do it. But there is a lot of work that needs doing first: the AI upgrade, which I am currently working on, then the plan is to upgrade the vanilla campaigns in a way that each map offers strategically interesting gameplay. This work is going to be organized i...
by Quantomas
Jul 31 2020, 17:32
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 113
Views: 46481

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

The link is in the signature (the last line of a post usually), in the hope that bots don't find it there. Who knows? :wall:
by Quantomas
Jul 29 2020, 7:55

It is on my roadmap, but technically a lot of features are, possibly involving years of work. In order to resolve this, I have a plan to gauge the interest there is for each feature that needs work. I will say more about it, once I am a bit further along on the roadmap and have a bit of time to set ...
by Quantomas
Jul 17 2020, 8:16
Topic: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready
Replies: 3
Views: 1558

Re: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready

As explained earlier, the current beta releases are merely development snapshots. In principle the components of the new AI are much more powerful, but they need to align properly to transform the gains in actual gameplay improvements. The next release, v3123, is actually a big milestone which will ...
by Quantomas
Jul 9 2020, 17:14

Did anyone have contact with Markkur recently?
by Quantomas
Jun 28 2020, 16:36

Here is a permanent one. Please note that the current beta isn't suitable for LotA, as it doesn't have support for scripts. I will announce it, once it is playable, but we will most likely run our own tests first.
by Quantomas
Jun 21 2020, 5:55
Topic: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready
Replies: 3
Views: 1558

Re: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready

Thank you kindly, Pol! I have to add that the current beta is a bit more rough than what I usually release, more like daily development snap-shots. We will leave this mode after the last big upgrades are in, mostly a complete overall how the AI assesses the strategic situation. It sounds not like mu...
by Quantomas
Jun 20 2020, 16:34

Here is an updated link: https://discord.gg/45SFAg

mctronic, do you have somehow two accounts on Discord? There is somehow a weird bug that seems to have been caused by using two invites.
by Quantomas
Jun 18 2020, 16:25

Hello mctronic, How are you doing? I can't believe that so much time has passed, but the moment has come that I am about to release the new AI. I can also promote LotA, but it would be good if we could talk some about it. To all fans of LotA, if you are interested to see the new advanced AI of Heroe...
by Quantomas
Feb 27 2020, 18:09

Working as always.
by Quantomas
Jun 22 2019, 10:23
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1719
Views: 276744

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Hey Yurian, You helped me when no one would. I won't forget that. Your life is not meaningless. I stood next to the abyss, the real one. When you are a scientist and work on stuff that has the potential to open the gate to a new age, you have to face the consequences of what you do and also have to ...
by Quantomas
May 14 2019, 7:20

Thanks, Panda & Pol.

Actually a lot of work in the application design and implementation is done in order to not expose the know-how.

Everything you do has consequences. The bigger the impact the more you are required to be circumspect.
by Quantomas
May 9 2019, 19:30

Not that long any more. It's probably time to explain what work is being done, that you can put the aforegoing statement in context. My initial idea was to develop an AI to turn HoMM into a Mecca for TBS enthusiasts, simply by offering challenges that no other TBS can offer. In principle HoMM is ide...
by Quantomas
Feb 11 2019, 7:46

Dear mctronic, that's truly admirable and persistent work. Thank you! :hug: While the new AI hasn't been released in time for Book 3, know that it is progressing well and it will come with a significant upgrade in challenge, i.e. the difficulty, the intelligence that makes a worthy opponent, a fully...
by Quantomas
Dec 30 2018, 14:39
Topic: Heroes V - The Long Tale of Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 6
Views: 2033

Re: Heroes V - The Long Tale of Legends of the Ancients

Happy Holidays!

Things are looking good.

Keep up the good work. :tsup:
by Quantomas
Aug 20 2018, 15:12

First, your notification of PMs received needs to be fixed. I didn't see a PM from a friend for half a year, because your notification did not work. And on response the friend didn't see my PM for 3 or 4 months. That's abysmal. From the point of phpBB the e-mail delivery works perfecly, all mails a...
by Quantomas
Aug 20 2018, 6:56

Cheers, Groovy!

Maybe it should be made the default.
by Quantomas
Aug 17 2018, 14:31

@Sebastian Actions speak louder than words. Thanks a lot. I was indeed worried this month, so it helps! If you work on something big you need faith, and so far it has always worked out. Not the wrong faith, hey it will surely be fine, won't it? But faith that if you do your best, you will find a way...
by Quantomas
Aug 14 2018, 15:30

Very good. Maybe it's time for some additional explanation to put that in context. When I was starting to work on the HoMM AI, back in 2007, it was a tremendous help to review the original AI code for Heroes 3 written by Gus Smedstad. Particularly the algorithms for ordered tile processing and the p...

Go to advanced search