Search found 78 matches

by Quantomas
Jan 16 2021, 13:17
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Talk about the weather
Replies: 923
Views: 146002

Re: Talk about the weather

Well, that is something! I wished we had it here as well. But as the climate change continues, here in Hamburg we only get muddled weather. Would like to move northwards!
by Quantomas
Jan 16 2021, 13:02
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 308
Views: 202754

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Book 1 is now available for playing from start to finish with the enhanced AI. It comes with improvements that upgrade the later maps, additiional polishing, fixes for script errors that prevented winning, and the game in general graduates more nicely with the time you need to finish the missions. Y...
by Quantomas
Jan 12 2021, 12:30
Forum: News
Topic: Happy New Year 2021
Replies: 9
Views: 1124

Re: Happy New Year 2021

There are of course other AI mods like SCS ( https://www.gibberlings3.net/ ) or the TB mod for Pathfinder: Kingmaker that led to the game be overhauled by the devs themselves, but there is nothing on the scale of what I am attempting. It is simply too much work, and the fundamental innovations reall...
by Quantomas
Jan 3 2021, 12:50
Topic: Happy New Year 2021
Replies: 9
Views: 1124

Re: Happy New Year 2021

Have a happy new year! Be safe, I wish you good fortune and health. I don't think 2020 had only negative aspects. In fact, it made many more people aware of what matters in life. Somehow I am optimistic about HoMM in 2021. PS @Pol Who dares to call my AI dreadful? I know it still needs work, but dre...
by Quantomas
Jan 3 2021, 12:45

LotA book 1 mission 5, The Succubus, is now available with some tweaks. Particularly stage 2 has been made more challenging, while the difficulty grades more nicely with the time you need. There were also bug fixes. Details are in the change log of the download of v3138. I also discovered a bug that...
by Quantomas
Dec 26 2020, 8:17
Topic: Merry Xmas to the Round Table!
Replies: 5
Views: 601

Re: Merry Xmas to the Round Table!

Have a happy holiday season and safe journey into the new year!
by Quantomas
Dec 19 2020, 18:15

Hello everyone, mctronic withdrew himself from all HoMM 5 projects. I respect the work he did on LotA book 3, and wish him all the best on his future endeavours. A few of you may know that I work on finalizing my AI for H5, and that I had begun the testing of LotA for it. I still admire what Marzhin...
by Quantomas
Nov 3 2020, 7:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Ashan Calendar
Replies: 2
Views: 8644

Re: Ashan Calendar

Regarding Ashan lore, a guy with tons of knowledge is Xuxo. You can find him on our discord (link below).
by Quantomas
Nov 2 2020, 12:07
Topic: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1
Views: 876

Re: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1

In the end it is up to you what standards you choose for yourself. Note though that the way people perceive you, does not only depend on your choice of interviews, but also how you present yourself. There is a great series of youtube vids from a girl called Adrienne, Yoga with Adrienne. If you go ba...
by Quantomas
Oct 16 2020, 12:40
Topic: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1
Views: 876

Re: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1

Hello MadMax, first kudos for doing these interviews. It's a milestone for CH. You asked for feedback and what could be improved. Well, there is a lot and I will go over it in a minute, but first I would like to give you my recommendation whom to interview next. I heard that you consider to intervie...
by Quantomas
Oct 4 2020, 16:57
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News
Replies: 6
Views: 861

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

Addendum: CH's fame spreads. https://www.rpgwatch.com/#44622 This is the right strategy.
by Quantomas
Oct 4 2020, 16:52
Topic: News Tip - Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (HoMM like game)
Views: 882

Re: News Tip - Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (HoMM like game)

Blake, thanks for posting this here. In principle the game has a ton going for it, for me the most important thing is that it aims to be a grand strategy game like the best of HoMM. But implementation-wise, I just don't believe anymore that you can build a great grand strategy game without an AI tha...
by Quantomas
Sep 19 2020, 11:46
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News
Replies: 6
Views: 861

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

This is truly an excellent way to bring back an audience for CH. Great original content is always a goto. Now, I only have to find the time to watch the interview in full, which I certainly will! Regarding a question for the next interview: What approach did you use to make the AI support the way yo...
by Quantomas
Sep 16 2020, 7:54

book 4 in progress? In principle we can do it. But there is a lot of work that needs doing first: the AI upgrade, which I am currently working on, then the plan is to upgrade the vanilla campaigns in a way that each map offers strategically interesting gameplay. This work is going to be organized i...
by Quantomas
Jul 31 2020, 17:32
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 113
Views: 49752

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

The link is in the signature (the last line of a post usually), in the hope that bots don't find it there. Who knows? :wall:
by Quantomas
Jul 29 2020, 7:55
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 113
Views: 49752

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

It is on my roadmap, but technically a lot of features are, possibly involving years of work. In order to resolve this, I have a plan to gauge the interest there is for each feature that needs work. I will say more about it, once I am a bit further along on the roadmap and have a bit of time to set ...
by Quantomas
Jul 17 2020, 8:16
Topic: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready
Replies: 3
Views: 1811

Re: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready

As explained earlier, the current beta releases are merely development snapshots. In principle the components of the new AI are much more powerful, but they need to align properly to transform the gains in actual gameplay improvements. The next release, v3123, is actually a big milestone which will ...
by Quantomas
Jul 9 2020, 17:14

Did anyone have contact with Markkur recently?
by Quantomas
Jun 28 2020, 16:36

Here is a permanent one. Please note that the current beta isn't suitable for LotA, as it doesn't have support for scripts. I will announce it, once it is playable, but we will most likely run our own tests first.
by Quantomas
Jun 21 2020, 5:55
Topic: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready
Replies: 3
Views: 1811

Re: Quantomas AI Public Beta Ready

Thank you kindly, Pol! I have to add that the current beta is a bit more rough than what I usually release, more like daily development snap-shots. We will leave this mode after the last big upgrades are in, mostly a complete overall how the AI assesses the strategic situation. It sounds not like mu...

Go to advanced search