Search found 84 matches

by Quantomas
13 Apr 2021, 12:09
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: I want you [map testers needed]
Replies: 6
Views: 4095

Re: I want you [map testers needed]

Look at the average response time. It's days here. On discord you can have an answer in a minute and actually have a real text chat without any delay.
by Quantomas
13 Apr 2021, 07:57

Just one questions, what do you mean with core gameplay? Everything the game has without scripts. The new AI is much smarter with water maps and islands. Try it out, if you haven't already. Sharing the maps here on CH is impractical as I would have to manually transport these back and forth to make...
by Quantomas
12 Apr 2021, 18:26

Can't promise you much. But I am building a pool of maps for testing the advanced AI. If you have interesting maps with core gameplay only, i.e. no game altering scripts, we could give it a try. If a map is a good fit, we can get people to test it. We use discord.
by Quantomas
27 Mar 2021, 13:07
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 306405

Re: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Thank you kindly Marzhin. This means a lot to me, and I suppose to anyone who worked on LotA.

Maybe one day we see LotA completed, with this great story arc of yours coming to a close, to be experienced in the best possible form, in a strategy game that requires you to use your wits.
by Quantomas
13 Mar 2021, 12:42

The remaster of LotA book 1 and 2 is done! It's ready for you to play. You find an overview of the improvements here: https://www.quantomas.de/lota/ . It also says a bit about what is ahead, if there is enough support for it, i.e. people who care enough to help it make happen. The remastered books a...
by Quantomas
10 Feb 2021, 13:25

Please help! I am stuck on the mission "Trials of Nikolai". I have activated the first two pillars but the third one requiring me to defeat the fire dragons has me stumped. I have found the fire dragons on their little secluded island thing but the game will not let me pass through the ga...
by Quantomas
16 Jan 2021, 13:17
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Talk about the weather
Replies: 928
Views: 235975

Re: Talk about the weather

Well, that is something! I wished we had it here as well. But as the climate change continues, here in Hamburg we only get muddled weather. Would like to move northwards!
by Quantomas
16 Jan 2021, 13:02

Book 1 is now available for playing from start to finish with the enhanced AI. It comes with improvements that upgrade the later maps, additiional polishing, fixes for script errors that prevented winning, and the game in general graduates more nicely with the time you need to finish the missions. Y...
by Quantomas
12 Jan 2021, 12:30
Forum: News
Topic: Happy New Year 2021
Replies: 9
Views: 6424

Re: Happy New Year 2021

There are of course other AI mods like SCS ( https://www.gibberlings3.net/ ) or the TB mod for Pathfinder: Kingmaker that led to the game be overhauled by the devs themselves, but there is nothing on the scale of what I am attempting. It is simply too much work, and the fundamental innovations reall...
by Quantomas
03 Jan 2021, 12:50
Topic: Happy New Year 2021
Replies: 9
Views: 6424

Re: Happy New Year 2021

Have a happy new year! Be safe, I wish you good fortune and health. I don't think 2020 had only negative aspects. In fact, it made many more people aware of what matters in life. Somehow I am optimistic about HoMM in 2021. PS @Pol Who dares to call my AI dreadful? I know it still needs work, but dre...
by Quantomas
03 Jan 2021, 12:45

LotA book 1 mission 5, The Succubus, is now available with some tweaks. Particularly stage 2 has been made more challenging, while the difficulty grades more nicely with the time you need. There were also bug fixes. Details are in the change log of the download of v3138. I also discovered a bug that...
by Quantomas
26 Dec 2020, 08:17
Topic: Merry Xmas to the Round Table!
Replies: 5
Views: 3418

Re: Merry Xmas to the Round Table!

Have a happy holiday season and safe journey into the new year!
by Quantomas
19 Dec 2020, 18:15

Hello everyone, mctronic withdrew himself from all HoMM 5 projects. I respect the work he did on LotA book 3, and wish him all the best on his future endeavours. A few of you may know that I work on finalizing my AI for H5, and that I had begun the testing of LotA for it. I still admire what Marzhin...
by Quantomas
03 Nov 2020, 07:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Ashan Calendar
Replies: 2
Views: 11367

Re: Ashan Calendar

Regarding Ashan lore, a guy with tons of knowledge is Xuxo. You can find him on our discord (link below).
by Quantomas
02 Nov 2020, 12:07
Topic: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1
Views: 3873

Re: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1

In the end it is up to you what standards you choose for yourself. Note though that the way people perceive you, does not only depend on your choice of interviews, but also how you present yourself. There is a great series of youtube vids from a girl called Adrienne, Yoga with Adrienne. If you go ba...
by Quantomas
16 Oct 2020, 12:40
Topic: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1
Views: 3873

Re: Michael Wolf (Level Designer) on Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Map Making, Part 1

Hello MadMax, first kudos for doing these interviews. It's a milestone for CH. You asked for feedback and what could be improved. Well, there is a lot and I will go over it in a minute, but first I would like to give you my recommendation whom to interview next. I heard that you consider to intervie...
by Quantomas
04 Oct 2020, 16:57
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News
Views: 3806

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

Addendum: CH's fame spreads. https://www.rpgwatch.com/#44622 This is the right strategy.
by Quantomas
04 Oct 2020, 16:52
Topic: News Tip - Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (HoMM like game)
Views: 4138

Re: News Tip - Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (HoMM like game)

Blake, thanks for posting this here. In principle the game has a ton going for it, for me the most important thing is that it aims to be a grand strategy game like the best of HoMM. But implementation-wise, I just don't believe anymore that you can build a great grand strategy game without an AI tha...
by Quantomas
19 Sep 2020, 11:46
Topic: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News
Views: 3806

Re: Interview with Tim Lang Part 2 + More News

This is truly an excellent way to bring back an audience for CH. Great original content is always a goto. Now, I only have to find the time to watch the interview in full, which I certainly will! Regarding a question for the next interview: What approach did you use to make the AI support the way yo...
by Quantomas
16 Sep 2020, 07:54

book 4 in progress? In principle we can do it. But there is a lot of work that needs doing first: the AI upgrade, which I am currently working on, then the plan is to upgrade the vanilla campaigns in a way that each map offers strategically interesting gameplay. This work is going to be organized i...

Go to advanced search