Search found 21 matches

by bltbri
03 Nov 2011, 21:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Underestimated Skills/Spells/Abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 10923

Wasp Swarm

I don't understand the disrespect for Wasp Swarm. I love it! A hero with expert summoning can cripple a dominant stack. Add in sorcery and cast a summon hive, and you can cripple an entire army.
by bltbri
24 Jun 2009, 15:57
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Monkey Island Remake
Replies: 9
Views: 3648

This is HUGE news! Maybe Lucas is finally giving up on its bad Star Wars games. Hopefully we'll get some quality games again. Plus, I agree, 3D hurt Monkey Island as well as the entire adventure genre. Now all you see is the same 3D first person shooters made over and over again. They've killed the ...
by bltbri
18 May 2009, 13:50
Forum: News
Topic: 2 New Maps For TotE
Replies: 2
Views: 2300

2 New Maps For TotE

Finished! It turns out I had to wait for the enemy to take all of my above ground castles before she could town portal into Hell. The final battle was fairly simple. A nicely done map, Sarvi. I look forward to more.
by bltbri
16 May 2009, 21:14
Topic: 2 New Maps For TotE
Views: 2300

2 New Maps For TotE

Has anyone finished Out of Mind? I either hit a bug or I'm just doing something wrong. Rolf has made it into Hell and has taken the Inferno castle. The script said that when I took this castle it would allow his "girlfriend", whatever her name is, get to him to use Implosion to knock down ...
by bltbri
26 Nov 2008, 14:12
Topic: Vista compatability
Replies: 10
Views: 5558

Vista compatability

Hello all, I've been putting it off for as long as possible but it looks like my good ol' XP system is dying a slow death and I may have to get a new computer soon. I was hoping someone could let me know if Heroes 5 runs OK on Vista. Thank you in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!
by bltbri
02 Oct 2008, 13:08
Topic: Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty
Replies: 48
Views: 14346

Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty

Thanks for the info, Discostu! I don't keep up on these things so I was hoping someone would respond with a simple solution!
by bltbri
26 Sep 2008, 14:07
Topic: Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty
Replies: 48
Views: 14346

Four Stars and a Half for King´s Bounty

I picked up Kings Bounty yesterday and, although it installed fine, it only supports the most recent video cards or at least not my Radeon 9200. Bummer, because I was really looking forward to playing this.
by bltbri
23 Mar 2008, 16:27
Topic: RAM upgrade question and HOMM5
Replies: 7
Views: 4191

To anybody contemplating doing the same, yes, it has made a BIG difference and can now enjoy the large and extra large maps without any hassle. Once again, thank you for your recommendations!
by bltbri
15 Mar 2008, 04:21

Thanks for the advice guys! Very much appreciated. I ordered additional ram today and I'm going to 2 gigs for under $100! Pretty scary when you figure I'm doing it to play a game :)
by bltbri
14 Mar 2008, 15:23

RAM upgrade question and HOMM5

Hi all! I currently run HOMM5 and all its add-ons using only 512MB ram. The game box recommends at least 1 gig of ram. Consequently, when I play the really large maps, things can drop to a crawl. I am thinking about increasing the ram in my PC to speed things up. Has anyone else out there done this ...
by bltbri
13 Mar 2008, 16:45
Topic: Choosing a faction
Replies: 6
Views: 2752

Success! I knew my brain was probably just locking up! Thank you all!
by bltbri
12 Mar 2008, 16:14

Thanks Phoenix! I'll give it a shot tonight!
by bltbri
12 Mar 2008, 15:46

Tried it. Faction and color each have their own buttons to toggle. The very first toggle button lets you choose whether that faction will be human or AI controlled. In this case, it is the Inferno faction and I can choose to make it either player one or "locked". The other factions give th...
by bltbri
12 Mar 2008, 15:29

Choosing a faction

Hi all! I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having. Why is it that when I start a single player custom game I'm forced to play as the faction that appears first on the list? For example, I recently began the map, Playground of the Gods. A very enjoyable map so far btw! Anyway, before t...
by bltbri
13 Nov 2007, 18:37
Topic: Game crashing bug ToE Hunting the hunter (minor spoilers)
Replies: 5
Views: 3152

Me too!

I'm having the same problem. I'm ready to take the final, unpronouncable city. Its guarded by a medium size army w/ a hero who promptly runs away at the start of combat. I then move onto the city itself to start combat with the city guard and nothing happens. The combat icon is shown but no combat c...
by bltbri
14 Apr 2007, 18:02
Topic: Saved game crashes
Views: 1369

Thank you, KES05 but I'm already running version 2.1 unless there has been another patch I'm not familiar with???
by bltbri
09 Apr 2007, 15:32
Topic: Saved game crashes
Views: 1369

Saved game crashes

I was curious whether anyone else is having the same problem I have. When I reload saved HOF games, the game often crashes or just plain locks up. Sometimes you make it to the map, sometimes you don't. But usually after 2 or 3 tries, you can play, but it will run slowly at first and may even crash w...
by bltbri
14 Dec 2006, 14:47
Topic: Random Map Generator
Replies: 11
Views: 4429

I haven't had a problems with gating at all. However, the crash would aways occur when I attacked the AI's stack of skeleton archers. But it wouldn't crash on the first attack. I'd attack the stack 3 or 4 times before it would finally crash me to my desktop. Very frustrating.
by bltbri
13 Dec 2006, 18:19
Topic: Random Map Generator
Replies: 11
Views: 4429

Random map bug?

Has anyone else had a problem with the game crashing during random map games? More specifically, the game crashes during siege combat, when I'm defending my town. I just get kicked back to my desktop. I created the largest map possible with no underground and 8 players. While I'm at it, I'll ask thi...
by bltbri
30 Nov 2006, 02:45
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Monkey Island
Replies: 16
Views: 7484

Monkey 3 was my favorite. Does anyone else remember the scene where Guybrush had to convince his shipmates that they had to set sail but all they were interested in doing was singing? You would make a statement like "Hoist the sails!" and they would reply with a goofy song that rhymed with...

Go to advanced search