Search found 17 matches

by Dharcness
11 Apr 2013, 10:23
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Why did NWC abandon Enroth?
Replies: 35
Views: 19481

Oh my god! Love to nitpick, aren't you? Did that particular sentence really warrant your attention? You wouldn't believe how widespread that is, given that the usage is incorrect. I always try to mention this whenever someone uses the sentence in the incorrect meaning. Wow, since you put it that wa...
by Dharcness
11 Apr 2013, 00:35

hellegennes wrote: I don't doubt that but these are stylistic changes; the question Dharcness asked was about the plotline.
Yes, I was asking about plotline. Why did NWC destroy Enroth and created a new world in MM9? Did 3do tell NWC to do that?

I can see many more possiblity of continuation with Enroth.
by Dharcness
11 Apr 2013, 00:23

GreatEmerald wrote:
Dharcness wrote:Hmmm..it begs the question.
No it doesn't.
Oh my god! Love to nitpick, aren't you? Did that particular sentence really warrant your attention?
by Dharcness
10 Apr 2013, 03:23
Topic: Your Favourite M&M
Replies: 106
Views: 51659

Not really. Nothing keeps you from becoming a master of Dark on day 1 (theoretically). It's just that usually you get to reach Paradise Valley late in the game, when you have already completed most of the quests that boost your karma. You can't even learn Dark Magic until you finish some quests IIR...
by Dharcness
10 Apr 2013, 03:19

Well, NWC could always do a retconn. Sort of what Blizzard does with their warcraft game. Good luck with that, given that NWC does not exist since 1996 in an independent fashion, and since 2003 in any fashion whatsoever. Hmmm..it begs the question. Did 3do had any say or direction in how NWC deal w...
by Dharcness
09 Apr 2013, 14:20
Topic: MMX at PAX East: Short Preview
Replies: 17
Views: 10341

As long as the MMX team knows its audience, the game should be fine. The issue is that using tile gameplay is going to appeal to a much smaller faction of an already limited base of MM fans, as can be shown in the thread about favorite game with 6 and 7 absolutely crushing everything else. Low budg...
by Dharcness
09 Apr 2013, 14:16

Well, NWC could always do a retconn. Sort of what Blizzard does with their warcraft game.
by Dharcness
09 Apr 2013, 14:12

Probably, but in my opinion, MM6 trumps MM7 in several areas. 1. Dungeons in MM6 is bigger, way way bigger. I prefer bigger dungeons than smaller ones. Not sure why it got small in MM7 and even smaller in MM8. Probably because all those people who got lost and running in circle? 2. More dungeons to ...
by Dharcness
09 Apr 2013, 05:38
Topic: MMX at PAX East: Short Preview
Replies: 17
Views: 10341

Re: MMX at PAX East: Short Preview

Kalah wrote:
Now as far as the demo goes, I am going to keep it very short. It was the shortest demo I have every played!
Are they going to release this demo for us (the public) to play around?
by Dharcness
09 Apr 2013, 05:33

You seem to have some kind of an issue here. Not sure why. Can't we just accept other people's opinion (even if it's different that yours) and get along? I don't have an issue at all, just pointing out an inconsistency. Perhaps if I got a whole day thinking why I like MM6 better, I would list it al...
by Dharcness
09 Apr 2013, 00:53

You're saying this almost as if MM6 is not a good game of which one can have fond memories for reasons other than it being his first :) Not that it can't, but the post sounded hypocritical. It's just talk about why it's good due to nostalgia... You seem to have some kind of an issue here. Not sure ...
by Dharcness
07 Apr 2013, 02:21
Topic: Why is MM8 so eerie?
Replies: 66
Views: 32495

The loading screens. Man the loading screens of MM8 are so eerie.

And don't forget Shadowspire, it's dull, gloomy and dead (or undead whichever you prefer). Makes me want to just armageddon the entire place and get the hell out!
by Dharcness
06 Apr 2013, 03:55

MM6, not because it's my first MM game. and not because it's my first western rpg ( Diablo doesn't count ). But because of all the fond memories I have with this game. 1. My first party was knight knight knight cleric ( spells are for the sissy, but the little booklet tell me to include a healer to ...
by Dharcness
06 Apr 2013, 02:53
Topic: Ubisoft interview about Might and Magic X by The RPGCodex
Replies: 19
Views: 13761

Legacy will feature 12 basic classes, 3 per race. Each of these classes will also have a promotion quest, allowing, for instance, your Freemage to become Archmage. As mentioned before, the skill system is close to the system seen in MM6-7, with skill points and Expert-Master-Grandmaster tiers. Ther...
by Dharcness
06 Apr 2013, 02:33

The characters you describe are local, they don't make up an evil that threatens the whole planet, no global conflict. I agree about MM8 being kinda pointless. World's destruction sets loose ends that we might explore in MM8.5. They can do many things with the characters. Let's take Prince Nicholai...
by Dharcness
30 Mar 2013, 12:56
Topic: Are you happy that MMX is in development?
Replies: 53
Views: 23449

I'm puzzled, some people are not happy that MM10 are in development? What gives?
by Dharcness
30 Mar 2013, 12:54
Topic: Might & Magic 10
Replies: 101
Views: 47461

I was hoping for a free roaming expansive world like in MM6~MM8. Not to mention a continuation of MM1~MM9 storylines/lore.

Well, here's to hoping MM10 will turn out good.

Btw, looking at MM10 gameplay. I'm sure some people will scream "zomg! It's a Legend of Grimrock Clone!!11!!"

Go to advanced search