Search found 16 matches

by blueskirt
23 Jun 2011, 12:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes Chronicles added on Good Old Games.com!
Replies: 40
Views: 19026

Heroes Chronicles added on Good Old Games.com!

Good news guys, Heroes Chronicles was finally added on Good Old Games, all eight chapters for 9.99$. Over are the days we had to hunt each chapters at ludicrous prices on eBay or sites of dubious morality, over are the days we had to juggle with five CDs whenever we had to install it. http://www.gog...
by blueskirt
26 Sep 2010, 23:30
Topic: Looking backward: First impressions on HoMM4
Replies: 318
Views: 106361

It's a matter of taste. HoMM1-2 was mostly strategy. HoMM3 was half strategy, half RPG. HoMM4 was mostly RPG. If you prefer to level heroes and acquire artifacts and spells in HoMM3, you'll like HoMM4. If it was collecting resources, raising armies and beating opponents before they could raise their...
by blueskirt
15 Sep 2010, 23:45
Topic: Starting with more than one town in HoMM3
Replies: 4
Views: 2506

Thanks for the tips! :)
by blueskirt
15 Sep 2010, 16:52
Topic: Starting with more than one town in HoMM3
Replies: 4
Views: 2506

Starting with more than one town in HoMM3

In HoMM3, when I start a mission with one town, I know exactly what to do, on the first week I build a Citadel, Castle and as many creature dwellings as I can, even more so if I can get the 7th level dwelling, at the start of the second week I build a marketplace, sell the uncommon ressources that a...
by blueskirt
15 Sep 2010, 16:45
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod
Replies: 309
Views: 251800

Nice! Good work! :)
by blueskirt
13 Sep 2010, 21:26
Topic: Which Heroes of Might and Magic Game did you first play?
Replies: 70
Views: 23134

It all started with HoMM2. A friend discovered the demo on a CD (the Broken Alliance map). It took us 2 weeks to learn everything, develop some tactics and finish the map. We knew we needed the full game after that. Now replaying that map takes me 2 hours instead of 2 weeks. :) The moment we saw Kas...
by blueskirt
05 Sep 2010, 23:03

Not to mention that AI would charge your army of dragons with a handful of peasants believing his peasants are stronger, or flee your heroes whenever they amass an army of peasants.
by blueskirt
02 Sep 2010, 12:40
Topic: Heroes Chronicles Add-on
Replies: 2
Views: 1778

The World Tree and Fiery Moon only check if you have the US version when you install them, not when you play them. And since the uncompressed files of World Tree and Fiery Moon are around 30MB, all you have to do to play them is find someone here who's nice enough to upload the World Tree and the Fi...
by blueskirt
28 Aug 2010, 21:19

Only Titans, Red and Black Dragons have +300. Bone Dragons have 150, Phoenix have 100 and Cyclops have 80. It would be easier to downgrade titans and dragons instead of upgrading everything else. But I agree that Paladins/Crusaders are easily killed. And you must always sacrifice your first spell to...
by blueskirt
28 Aug 2010, 09:31

I think the idea behind Crusaders was to counter undeads, not dragons. I've read all 17 pages of the thread, it was rather insightful. Several persons worried that drastic changes in your mod would make scenarios and campaigns impossible to finish, IMO, concentrate on making your mod as balanced as ...
by blueskirt
21 Aug 2010, 15:41
Topic: Collecting all MM&HoMM series: best editions?
Replies: 8
Views: 4019

Yeah, you're out of luck for Heroes Chronicles. Unless Good Old Games can get a license to sell these at an affordable cost and combine them in a single, small installer, I doubt we'll see these games sold anytime soon. NWC should just have sold these as a mission pack expansion if you ask me.
by blueskirt
07 Aug 2010, 19:01

I got one more wish for your mod: Changes the difficulty options. When I play HoMM, I want the AI to be as smart as it can be, but I still want the fight to be fair: all player and AIs should start with the same amount of resources, about the same strength and AI should not be a cheating bastard. If...
by blueskirt
07 Aug 2010, 01:30

Nigh herculean task or not, it's good to hear I'm not the only one who'd like to see that old game get another add-on.
by blueskirt
05 Aug 2010, 00:27

I can't really say for damage spells as I rarely use them. From my experience, damage spells become less effective as the game progress. When both players have 3-4 castles, the number of soldiers added to both armies every weeks far exceed the increase in spell power. When both you and your enemy ha...
by blueskirt
04 Aug 2010, 02:49

That I agree, but I'd rather if the buff involved additionnal units upgrades than completely modifying every units', dwellings' and spells' current stats and costs.
by blueskirt
02 Aug 2010, 03:02

What are the long term goals for this mod? Are you only tweaking balance or are you planning to add artifacts, units, new factions and/or new campaigns? I must say I somewhat agree with gandam, I am not really interested in the new balanced factions. For one, I spend months learning their current st...

Go to advanced search