Search found 45 matches

by dudejo
29 Nov 2012, 23:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Anyone still interested in multiplayer, homm 1 or 2?
Replies: 3
Views: 3457

I wouldn't mind trying a short game.

How bout a co-op match?

Generally, I'm available on evenings.
by dudejo
28 Nov 2012, 00:11
Topic: Anyone still interested in multiplayer, homm 1 or 2?
Replies: 3
Views: 3457

Personally, I never really played this game seriously so I wouldn't be able to playtest the patch.

I'd need to play this game enough to truly understand where the custom patch comes from.
by dudejo
04 Jul 2011, 09:38
Topic: HoMM2 units' personal Attack Skill is redundant...or is it?
Replies: 30
Views: 11323

actually, i would see the Cyclops as the staple high attack/low damage.

12 attack ain't bad but 12-24 is even worse than a Giant.

edit : oops, major name screw-up.
by dudejo
03 Jul 2011, 17:24

Just because I don't like running numbers in my head, what would these units be like: A unit with very low damage but with very high attack; A unit with very high damage but with very low attack; A unit with very low hitpoints but with very high defence; A unit with very high hitpoints but with ver...
by dudejo
03 Jul 2011, 16:35

so that manual really does have all the little details... i guess i should have known since some of that data looks like they pulled it straight out of the hex editor. i often saw the 10% and 5% thrown around but i always thought they were talking about a straight damage increase/decrease. EDIT : wh...
by dudejo
03 Jul 2011, 15:12

i've tried out the Phoenix vs Golem scenario for myself in a mock fight. at first glance, it fits the 12 - 10 scenario you say adds up to a 20% bonus. so here's my shot at putting it all together. 1: Every point of Attack OVER the opponent's Defense gives +10% on the attacker's damage roll. 2: Every...
by dudejo
03 Jul 2011, 10:46

i know what the stats do. i've always known. my main stance is that units having their personal Attack Skill rating along with damage is pointless. no other series work that way. you have two stats that affect the same result. that result being the unit's melee output against all targets. take one o...
by dudejo
02 Jul 2011, 19:03

Nope, the dmg range isn't specific to other creatures... thus there's no difference between attacking a Dragon or a Peasant, you'll always get a random number between the damage ranges... The mdg range is there for randomness of dmg, while the Atk is for the interaction between different units bein...
by dudejo
02 Jul 2011, 15:08

isn't that what damage range does to begin with?

if the game picks a random number between x and y, won't that prevent you from dealing the same damage every time?
by dudejo
02 Jul 2011, 00:30

is the Attack Skill bonus capped at 100%?
by dudejo
01 Jul 2011, 09:40

[...]adding attack shifts the whole graph west, while adding damage stretches it.[...] i think you got them mixed up. so you're saying that Attack Skill letting you have higher damage without the wider probabilities of a modified damage range is good enough that units should have the stat for thems...
by dudejo
01 Jul 2011, 00:59

you're forgetting the other half of damage.

that being MINIMUM damage.

what if 20-30 was 25-30? or even 25-35?
by dudejo
30 Jun 2011, 23:12

HoMM2 units' personal Attack Skill is redundant...or is it?

the way i see it, units' Attack Skill stat does the same thing as their damage stat. Defense Skill only affects physical damage. so taking this out means that spells must work differently to remain viable. Attack Skill affects your damage output in general. taking this out means you can accomplish t...
by dudejo
28 Jun 2011, 10:24
Topic: I'm remaking Heroes 1 maps to Heroes 2.
Replies: 11
Views: 6615

this is mostly personal opinion but another issue could be that most of the monster art suggest they may be from the same gene pool as the Hunchback of Notre-Dame.
by dudejo
19 Mar 2011, 13:19
Topic: HOMM2 project on Sourceforge you might want to check out :)
Replies: 9
Views: 6198

i've heard of it.

at first, i was interested because of the possibility of changing the stats for the units. then i discovered the modding topic on this forum. so i haven't touched it since.

although i might check it out again once the engine really takes off.
by dudejo
19 Mar 2011, 01:26
Topic: H2: Strongest faction for MP play
Replies: 14
Views: 7381

i tweaked the EXE and increased the Zombie's defense from 2 to 6. the result is that they become cheaper alternatives to the Dwarf. Dwarves are straight-up better but against other Tier 2 units, it becomes a Rock-Paper-Scissors comparison. Archers > Zombies > Boars > Archers. the Mutant Zombie, with...
by dudejo
18 Mar 2011, 00:31

i know that

but does it compensate for the Zombie being so fragile and slow?

they don't have the speed for offense nor do they have the defense for castle duty.

every other unit worth 150 gold can pretty much kick their ass.
by dudejo
17 Mar 2011, 22:40

there's one thing i wonder.

how much of an advantage is the Undead status, with its pros and cons?

i've been looking at the Zombie unit and how equivalently priced units are so much better in straight combat.

makes me wonder why they were built this way.
by dudejo
02 Mar 2011, 11:54
Topic: Some maps for Heroes2
Replies: 6
Views: 7913

they certainly look great at a glance. i haven't played them myself just yet but sheer amount of detail certainly holds up with the existing maps. although, as silly as it sounds, the in-game map descriptions leave me confused. i read those and wonder : "what is he saying??" for example, t...
by dudejo
10 Nov 2010, 02:21
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod
Replies: 309
Views: 254707

i don't think that particular data was found yet. however, i can't help but wonder if doing this will change the main strategy into a race for the Ghost Recruitment. the main issue with Ghosts is how easy it is to get more. send them after a weak monster stack and watch your power increase exponenti...

Go to advanced search