Search found 37 matches

by forbjok
09 May 2011, 18:20
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Movement bug in MM6-7-8
Replies: 15
Views: 7537

Run as administrator

One thing that might be worth trying if you haven't already, is to run the game as administrator. I had the same issue MM6 and 7 (haven't tried 8 lately) on WinXP x64 originally, but the GrayFace patches fixed that - however, on Win7 there were still movement issues, but only if the game was run wit...
by forbjok
24 May 2010, 23:01
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Where can this be downloaded?
Replies: 4
Views: 4554

Tried again now, and it seems to be working now.
Must've been problems with the server yesterday.
by forbjok
23 May 2010, 23:35
Topic: MM7 - Shoals/Lincoln hireling glitch?
Replies: 6
Views: 4356

It does seem to be that the intended behavior is that they should be unavailable in Shoals/Lincoln but automatically return anytime you leave those areas. Strangely that didn't happen for me the first time, and they remained invisible when I portalled out, and also prevented me from hiring new ones....
by forbjok
23 May 2010, 18:47

Thanks. :)

UPDATE:
Hmm, this link doesn't seem to work either.
The site itself is up, but trying to download that particular file just results in the browser "loading..." for ages, then timing out.
by forbjok
23 May 2010, 16:24

Where can this be downloaded?

After googling, and searching this forum, I was only able to find an old looking site with no actual downloads on it and a link to another site that appears to be down.

Where can the actual main download for the latest version of WoG be found?
by forbjok
23 May 2010, 13:55
Topic: MM7 - Shoals/Lincoln hireling glitch?
Replies: 6
Views: 4356

MM7 - Shoals/Lincoln hireling glitch?

After wandering around in the Lincoln for a while, I suddenly discovered that my hirelings were gone. I figured maybe they had supposedly drowned or left, so to check it out I reloaded my latest save before entering Shoals, but then I discovered that they were apparently already gone at that point. ...
by forbjok
19 May 2010, 22:42
Topic: MM7 - Erratic movement on Windows 7
Replies: 5
Views: 3838

I just discovered something interesting. While movement rate doesn't seem to have any effect, running the game as administrator does. I discovered this accidentally when running the game through the MM7Setup utility, which automatically requests administrator rights. Strafing is still a bit wonky, b...
by forbjok
19 May 2010, 19:42

To be specific, the game files are the exact same ones that worked fine on Windows XP x64 Edition, and I do have both the official patch and GrayFace's 1.5.1 patch installed. I just formatted the partition and installed Windows 7 on it. So the OS is the only difference. I'll try setting the movement...
by forbjok
18 May 2010, 23:52

MM7 - Erratic movement on Windows 7

I just installed Windows 7 on one of my computers, and when I run Might & Magic VII on it, the movement is completely messed up. It seems similar to the issue with strafing in MM6, only it affects forward/backward movement as well. Depending on the direction I'm facing, trying to walk forward mi...
by forbjok
16 May 2010, 16:10
Topic: MM7 - The Missing Goblin
Replies: 3
Views: 2302

I found it. There was a second secret passage under the bench in one of the cells, containing some more goblins.
by forbjok
16 May 2010, 15:20
Topic: MM7 - The Missing Goblin
Replies: 3
Views: 2302

MM7 - The Missing Goblin

After ignoring Stantley's request to filch a tapestry from my allies, he sent a bunch of goblins, guards and "adventurers" to Castle Harmondale and the town. Well, no problem, I thought, and killed them all. But the doors are still locked. I've scoured the town, and pretty much the entire ...
by forbjok
15 May 2010, 19:28
Topic: MM7 - Real vs Fake Fort Riverstride Plans
Replies: 18
Views: 13226

In the end I went with delivering the real Loren to Catherine, and fake plans to the Elf king. Not because I couldn't be bothered to do the fort - I actually did get the real plans to see what happens - but I just figured I'd rather be consistently on Erathia's side, rather than working for both si...
by forbjok
15 May 2010, 10:01

The obvious difference though is you get more money but less experience (from not killing the enemies on your way to the quest items). No, you get the same 5000 gold, but 10000 exp if you deliver real vs. 5000 exp if you deliver fake. You also need less traveling if you deliver real things. In the ...
by forbjok
14 May 2010, 22:48

In order to keep the options open, I reloaded just after talking to the Elf King, before even going to Erathia, and went and got Loren Steel in the Tularean Caves directly. (keeping fixed saves at stretegic points of course) Freeing Loren, both before and after delivering him to Catherine, does not ...
by forbjok
14 May 2010, 20:34

I noticed that delivering the fake plans to Elf king results in loss of 20 reputation, even though he doesn't realize they're fake. Will delivering the real thing to both sides result in gaining reputation with both sides, or is there some sort of "backfire" later for doing the real quests...
by forbjok
14 May 2010, 19:38

MM7 - Real vs Fake Fort Riverstride Plans

At first, I was thinking of doing both the quests for both leaders, but then I found that by talking to Queen Catherine after getting the elves' quest (and presumably the same can be done the other way around), I could get a fake Fort Riverstride plan to give to the elf king. This seemed to me to be...
by forbjok
14 May 2010, 10:04
Topic: MM7-artifacts/relics
Replies: 13
Views: 18042

How does the limit work in MM7? Is that just how many you can have at once, or can you only get that many ever, even if you sell the previous ones? And what about the only one of each rule. Does that mean if you get a specific artifact from a random drop, then sell it, you can never get another one ...
by forbjok
10 May 2010, 08:17
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 552
Views: 10090035

I noticed in the readme for 1.5.1 (which I'm using), it says it's supposed to fix an issue with keybinding for "Rest" not being loaded properly. Not sure if it's the same issue, but I'm having issues with many (most of the ones on Page 2 i think) of the keyboard configuration options (incl...
by forbjok
09 May 2010, 23:50
Topic: MM7 - Keyboard configuration broken?
Replies: 0
Views: 2602

MM7 - Keyboard configuration broken?

In the options of MM7, there is a screen for configuring the key bindings. However, it seems that at least some of the key bindings don't work properly. For example, I set "R" to be used as cast spell, and bound a different key to rest instead. However, when I press "R" to cast a...
by forbjok
09 May 2010, 17:10
Topic: Who or what is VARN?
Replies: 28
Views: 8746

Who or what is VARN?

From what I understand, the "Tomb of VARN" dungeon is supposedly the ship in which the original humans arrived on Enroth, but what exactly is VARN?

Is it someone's name? Or a 4-letter acronym for something?
Anyone know?

Go to advanced search