Search found 5 matches

by Osmin
15 Aug 2014, 22:51
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 39086

I have always been quite fond of Order magic. It excels in curses and utility spells centered around keeping the battlefield under control, such as Mass Slow and Teleport, but is somewhat less impressive in blessings. That is why Life magic, having a wonderful selection of blessings and healing spel...
by Osmin
19 Apr 2010, 20:09
Topic: Ideas for castle defenses (H4)
Replies: 4
Views: 2991

I imagine the Dark Lord as the boss, the "Big Bad", and the two other spellcasters a second-in-commands: the military advisor (tactics) and the espionage expert (stealth). Here's the catch: the two second-in-commands both want the right hand man position. Therefore, they do not like each o...
by Osmin
16 Apr 2010, 10:34

Well, the morale issue is kinda essential, both a plot point and an exploitable weakness, giving two of the spellcasters a 70 % chance of acting last in a turn. And i do not know about any H4 artifact named Spirit of Oppression. Is it from another game, maybe? That aside, I'm happy to get a reply at...
by Osmin
09 Mar 2010, 11:33

Ideas for castle defenses (H4)

The title says it all. I would like ideas for castle defenses, with both effectivity and "style". In other words, it should be built around one or two central concepts. It better be hard to beat, but also fill a story-telling purpose and be generally stylish. An example: Town: Necropolis T...
by Osmin
13 Feb 2010, 16:26
Topic: [H4]Favourite level 3 pair
Replies: 32
Views: 11835

I tried a somewhat scientific study on this matter...

The ones I like best, are the Order pair, with the Death pair as a relatively close second. However, I decided I should find a less subjective way to decide which pair is the best. I created a map in the editor, and did 15 "cage fights" between two-stack armies consisting of the weekly pop...

Go to advanced search