Search found 12 matches

by AlphaMale41
Jan 4 2010, 22:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Tapani RMG problem
Replies: 3
Views: 1995

different game...

For the one from Tapani I was using that for just HOMM 5. I haven't started using the RMG for Tote yet. I am playing the campaign in that, but will go right to the RMG for it as soon as I am done with that. If that works I'm not sure I will play much HOMM5 then as this has everything that did, PLUS ...
by AlphaMale41
Dec 30 2009, 18:57
Topic: faulty strategy?
Replies: 8
Views: 3193

So....

So is there some type of generally agreed upon recommended progression chart for each set of units? I am about to start playing this fulltime over h3 and would hate to spend way too much time upgrading units that I shouldn't over getting more important buildings or creature upgrades. Obviously every...
by AlphaMale41
Dec 23 2009, 19:55
Topic: Newb questions
Replies: 11
Views: 3204

make it cost uber high - Town Portal

The way to fight that is make it so ridiculously hard to cast it can't be done often. Like 100pts to cast it once, and can only be cast once a day regardless. I know it was powerful, since every game I play is just a race to get that!... haha
by AlphaMale41
Dec 23 2009, 17:46

whaaaa?

That REALLY sucks! My whole game was to get Town Portal and then just...win. Gonna make it much harder now. Also made Castlegate horrible, because why spend 20K on two 'portals' for Castlegate that could only work in those type castles when you could use Town Portal on any castle?
by AlphaMale41
Dec 23 2009, 17:43

capitol rush

That seems to be different from others strategy on here to get the elite unit ASAP. I'm not sure I understand how they do that without the money generated from the capitol. It seems when I try to build up all the units it takes awhile to get both the town built up and the final end unit. It might ha...
by AlphaMale41
Dec 23 2009, 16:08
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: PS3 game?
Replies: 2
Views: 1534

PS3 game?

Can anyone suggest a PS3 game that would be closest to HOMM ? I prefer turn based games and HOMM is one of my fav of all time. I am about to get back into console gaming after a long while gone and will be looking for those kind of games. I can't stand the Call of Duty - first person shooter types. ...
by AlphaMale41
Dec 23 2009, 15:55

faulty strategy?

I am new here (even though I pretty much have only played HOMM3 over and over for years) and after reading many of the forum posts, which i like, wonder if my strategy is flawed or not. I THOUGHT I was a good player (HOMM3, that is) but see different opinions on the city build strategy. I always try...
by AlphaMale41
Dec 23 2009, 14:57

Town Portal/Dimension Door

Are Town Portal and Dimension Door still in HOMM5 ? To me those were the two most powerful spells in the game!
by AlphaMale41
Dec 23 2009, 14:55
Topic: Differences between HOMM3 and HOMM5
Replies: 6
Views: 4399

RMG

I don't mind playing custom maps (have never played them before) but usually I prefer the RMG because it's like a new game each time. I usually play a single game on medium level screen with around 3 opponents. Wouldn't mind trying some other custom ones though if not hard to install. I just got tha...
by AlphaMale41
Dec 22 2009, 22:52
Topic: Differences between HOMM3 and HOMM5
Replies: 6
Views: 4399

Differences between HOMM3 and HOMM5

What are the biggest differences b/n HOMM3 and HOMM5? I basically will be playing random maps as I like those best. I am pretty good at HOMM3 but haven't played HOMM5 much and not in awhile. I will understand if there are too many to list, but if someone can go over the biggest ones, and possibly wa...
by AlphaMale41
Dec 22 2009, 22:04

Town Portal

In HOMM3 you had to have Advanced Level in Earth Magic to be able to get to any town you wanted with Town Portal. Do you have Advanced level in that? I think that's easily the best ability in the game once you get it.
by AlphaMale41
Dec 22 2009, 16:08

Newb questions

I have HOMM5 but still just play HOMM3 complete CONSTANTLY . I have played HOMM5 some, but back when I got it there was no random map generator available, which is all I care about and play on HOMM3 . What is the link and how do you add the patch for the random map generator for HOMM5 ? Do both of t...

Go to advanced search