Search found 91 matches

by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 26 2019, 21:19
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Dream of What Could Be
Replies: 1
Views: 1634

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Dream of What Could Be

(Heroic) 2 months, 3 weeks and 5 days. Plays very differently depending on how many of the 6 campaigns you complete before you take on this one. I took Tanis this time and she had my best army and was my best hero for some time. There were almost no ways to gain additional troops for her army, so be...
by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 7 2019, 17:55
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - A World Which Now Trembles
Views: 986

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - A World Which Now Trembles

(Heroic) I took too long, 4 months 2 weeks 4 days. I was reluctant to attack the three roving heroes until I got the expected difficulty to less than average. My thinking was that, at average, I would take too many losses and be unable to finish all three battles. I don't know if that was actually c...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 23 2018, 6:29
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - The Fathomless Glare
Views: 1220

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - The Fathomless Glare

(Heroic) This had to be the most difficult scenario yet, and I've already played through the other five factions! I went forever with no good magic weak troops and not many of those! And not enough gold. I made a mistake and confused a dark tunnel for map's edge in the southwest corner of the dungeo...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 21 2018, 1:21
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - A Feast for the Gods
Replies: 4
Views: 1805

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - A Feast for the Gods

(Heroic) All the action was in the first week or so. On day 4 I spotted Orna headed for Blackforge. She wouldn't attack me there so I had to meet her in the open. My strategy was to put all my eggs in one basket and meet the Empire heroes head on. After the first three it got boring. I usually don't...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 17 2018, 6:09
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - The Blessings of Freedom
Replies: 2
Views: 1515

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - The Blessings of Freedom

(Heroic) The most stressful scenario ever! How much time do I have, defense or troops? Can I tarry to pick up stuff or must I hurry to the cities? I decided to just play like normal and if it didn't work, try again, so resources first, then creatures, then upgrades with magic guild improvements spri...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 13 2018, 22:23
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - Blind Instruments of Fatality
Views: 1033

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - Blind Instruments of Fatality

(Heroic) Finished in 2 months, 1 week. Thomas L17, Masfar L16 and Ymoril L11. If Ymoril has a big part to play in later scenarios I may regret not having her carry the load early on. I think I could have had them both reach the limit, L17.
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 6 2018, 0:52
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions
Replies: 4
Views: 3134

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions

(Heroic) In my 4th week I fought the decisive battle of this scenario. I had taken and defended Ziyad when Johari attacked from the south. I had a decent army, the threat level was "Low". Trouble was, Johari was Level 30 (I was maybe 18) and he had Magic 44 and lots of great artifacts. He ...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 18 2018, 21:57
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - No Peace in This World
Replies: 3
Views: 1654

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - No Peace in This World

I have a Problem! Kibwe has Malathua's Cleaver and he can't equip it or trade it!
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 15 2018, 20:27
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - A Very Ambitious Hatred
Views: 915

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - A Very Ambitious Hatred

( playing on Hard ) Finished at week 3 day 5. Managed to collect 10,000 gp along the way to finance visits to the Blind Brothers Monastery and the School of War. Imani was Level 8.
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 15 2018, 16:55
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Stuff of Future Memory
Views: 1329

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Stuff of Future Memory

My grandson gave me Heroes VII Deluxe Edition for Christmas. Not sure what that means re your question. Loading save games takes 2 to 3 minutes and gets longer the longer I play. sometimes it gets so slow I reboot the computer and reload the game, then it's back to the 2 to 3 minutes again. I just f...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 9 2018, 20:22
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Stuff of Future Memory
Views: 1329

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Stuff of Future Memory

I read that the end scenarios played differently depending on how many "Tales" you had completed. I tried this after finishing only the Academy and Sylvan Tales, just to see. I only got two pieces of the sword, couldn't access parts of the map and the only other hero I controlled was Nolwe...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 3 2018, 2:56
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Sylvan - The Very Counterfeit of Death
Views: 1296

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Sylvan - The Very Counterfeit of Death

Playing on hard. Never traded in the Magic Amulet for the Swordsmen. Primary tactic, split up shooters, group them around some Sun Deer, cast Storm Arrows (4x4) and fire away. Three principal characters reached Level 23.
by Wheeler Dealer
Aug 29 2017, 0:06
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: need help on vampire lover map (Sarvi)
Replies: 7
Views: 3599

Re: need help on vampire lover map (Sarvi)

Thanks for your help! I worked out after getting a couple of hints from utube videos. My first problem was that I had tried to cross the bridge to the dwarven capital with a secondary hero. Had to be Orenella. My next frustrating problem was that when you free the warlock, you have to do it twice, o...
by Wheeler Dealer
Aug 24 2017, 21:17
Topic: need help on vampire lover map (Sarvi)
Views: 3599

Re: need help on vampire lover map (Sarvi)

Eight years later I need help with the same map at exactly the same place. Anyone still there?
by Wheeler Dealer
Jun 26 2017, 21:24
Topic: H5 installation with Win 10
Views: 2329

Re: H5 installation with Win 10

This is amazing, that there are still people playing and discussing this game! My son gave me the Ubisoft complete HoMM collection for Christmas, I played them all several years ago on a retired computer. I played through the original campaign and installed and started the HoF Campaign. It purports ...
by Wheeler Dealer
Mar 2 2014, 3:11
Topic: Half-Dead → The Unholy Breath
Views: 1038

Half-Dead → The Unholy Breath

It has been 5 years or so since I first played this campaign. I'm still not sure what skill level is the most fun. At the higher skill levels the computer players can't cope with the large neutral stacks so if you just take your time you will surpass the computer opponents. <br> <br>I played this ca...
by Wheeler Dealer
Mar 2 2014, 3:11
Topic: Half-Dead → The Unholy Breath
Views: 1038

Half-Dead → The Unholy Breath

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=200
by Wheeler Dealer
Feb 5 2014, 1:44
Topic: The Price of Peace → To Slay an Immortal
Views: 1942

The Price of Peace → To Slay an Immortal

It's easy to get Emilia and Kodge to Solymyr's portion of the map, Once access to the sword is achieved they will have access to the underground and can go hit the tree and come back to their side of the underground and town gate over to pick up one more level and maybe some spells and skills before...
by Wheeler Dealer
Feb 1 2014, 18:05
Topic: The Price of Peace → At the Crossroads
Views: 1479

The Price of Peace → At the Crossroads

My latest game I played at Champion, just to see if I could. The beginning, before I had a town, was very difficult but later scenarios were easier. The computer players were unable to deal with the huge neutral stacks and therefore couldn't bother me.
by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 6 2014, 5:36
Topic: The True Blade → The Trials
Views: 1856

The True Blade → The Trials

In this replay I decided to play at the top difficulty, If memory serves I played twice, once when it was new and once about three years ago and I think I played on normal the first time and expert the second. <br> <br>Try as I might I could not beat the guardians of the sword. I went back and start...

Go to advanced search