Search found 215 matches

by Wheeler Dealer
11 Jan 2024, 19:42
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices
Replies: 25
Views: 25495

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices

Choices, Max 29, Heroic I took the 2 Paladins. The number of Paladins that join and the nearby artifact are random, so restarts are a possibility. I got 3 more Paladins and a Helm of Chaos. Week 1, took the town, went underground. Week 2, captured the underground gold mine. Week 3, fought Klaus when...
by Wheeler Dealer
09 Jan 2024, 05:46
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiations
Replies: 2
Views: 7368

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiations

Negotiations L27 Max, Heroic I took the two Champions. I should have paid attention to my prior post. Reaching L27 is a close call w/o fighting the Phoenixes at the crossroads. You only need 5,000 gp for the Red Keymaster so once you are in Dwarven territory, take xp from chests once you have the go...
by Wheeler Dealer
08 Jan 2024, 05:29
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan
Replies: 8
Views: 9837

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan

Duncan, Max 21, Heroic This mission is just developing your hero and her army until you a ready to take on Duncan. I took the vindicators; I had already reached Expert Leadership and Expert Luck. Week 1, Captured Greystone. Hired one of the two available heroes. Small neutral stacks are appearing an...
by Wheeler Dealer
06 Jan 2024, 22:51
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Suspicion
Views: 3480

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Suspicion

Suspiscion, Max 16, Heroic I chose the Blindness spell. It came in handy to slow down shooters. Laslo beat me to a few easy battles, He was up to L4 at the end. He never stole recruits before I could get there. I didn't need the xp from chests. From my log: Week 1, burned 2 peasant huts, one group o...
by Wheeler Dealer
05 Jan 2024, 19:05
Forum: News
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Rebels
Replies: 1
Views: 7950

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Rebels

I think this is my 3rd time through this campaign. Here's my log. The Rebels, Max 10, Heroic Week 1, Gave the troops to Freyda. Working my way north. Week 2, Cleared the Ancient Treants. Rescued 210 Enforcers and 70 Crossbowmen. Week 3, the other Elven neutrals disappeared once I got to the reinforc...
by Wheeler Dealer
03 Jan 2024, 20:17
Topic: The Mage → Zehir`s Hope
Replies: 42
Views: 29045

Re: The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Zehir's Hope, Heroic Findan has 128 stat points, the other three are in the '90s. Mana may be a problem for Raelag. There's really no reason to fight the garrisons. Everyone should have Instant Travel, and nobody is getting a level. Only Raelag has a Ballista and Zehir and Findan have the Ballista S...
by Wheeler Dealer
03 Jan 2024, 16:59
Topic: The Mage → The Alliance
Views: 4157

Re: The Mage → The Alliance

The Alliance, Max 30, Heroic I hated this mission. The only challenge was keeping up with which hero needed to hit which stat bonus. You should see my spreadsheet. Out of the 4 Witch's Huts, I got 3 Arcane Intuition (useless) and one useful skill. Took the shield. Findan got busted back to 25 but ke...
by Wheeler Dealer
23 Dec 2023, 18:13
Topic: The Triumvirate
Replies: 43
Views: 35141

Re: The Triumvirate

The Triumvirate, Heroic, Max 25 More challenging than I remembered from before. The tough early battles, I used Zehir with a stack of single, expendable creatures surrounding a stack of high hp creatures to absorb the damage. Phoenix, Arcane Armor and Resurrection were the core of the battle plan. H...
by Wheeler Dealer
16 Dec 2023, 02:39
Topic: The Mage → The Defiant Mage
Replies: 3
Views: 6767

Re: The Mage → The Defiant Mage

Heroic, Max 10 I made it harder than need be because I was so worried about hitting L10 prematurely. The only critical play for me was slipping into the town with a strong enough army that teal couldn't take it back (or was afraid to try). Here's my log. Week 1, Zehir reached L6. Week 2, Defeated th...
by Wheeler Dealer
14 Dec 2023, 23:57
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 75385

Re: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

The Vampire Lord, Heroic Here we go again. Mostly the same on Heroic. I hired Raven, a L31 Necromancer. in week 7. I defeated Nicolai after eliminating all the Spectral Dragons, but he came back anyway. It may have been because another hero eliminated one of the stacks of dragons. Talanar and Direal...
by Wheeler Dealer
08 Dec 2023, 22:32
Topic: The Ranger → The Defense
Replies: 33
Views: 27266

Re: The Ranger → The Defense

The Defense, Heroic, Max 24 Talanar and Dirael return for Mission 5 I took the Unicorns. During my defense of the capitol, I concentrated on the Liches first, the skeleton archers second. Reclaimed the capitol, lost 3 Emerald Dragons and all my Blade Dancers. Week 1, The enemy built my Dragon Altar ...
by Wheeler Dealer
15 Nov 2023, 05:09
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The Ranger - The Regugees
Views: 1204

Re: The Ranger - The Regugees

Well, I tried rebooting and starting a new game before I opened any other application, no good, still no teal attack in week 1.

Can I reinstall the game without erasing all my saved games?

Is there a cheat that will allow me to claim victory and go to the next mission?
by Wheeler Dealer
14 Nov 2023, 22:51
Topic: The Ranger - The Regugees
Views: 1204

The Ranger - The Regugees

I have big problems with this map. The script isn't loaded. I'm playing on heroic with 1.6 patch. The necro hero doesn't attack me in the first week, I've restarted like 5 times, I wasted time playing week after week. I'm having the same problem. How did you get past it? I was able to get through t...
by Wheeler Dealer
14 Nov 2023, 22:43
Topic: The Ranger → The Refugees
Replies: 3
Views: 8070

Re: The Ranger → The Refugees

I have big problems with this map. The script isn't loaded. I'm playing on heroic with 1.6 patch. The necro hero doesn't attack me in the first week, I've restarted like 5 times, I wasted time playing week after week. I'm having the same problem. How did you get past it? I was able to get through t...
by Wheeler Dealer
10 Nov 2023, 23:31
Topic: Tactics using Deep Hydras
Replies: 0
Views: 1488

Tactics using Deep Hydras

While playing The Warlock, I found myself fighting many battles with just Shadya and a stack of Deep Hydras. The general idea was to get the enemy down to one (small) stack and then have Shadya use Blind or Puppet Master to hold the stack while the DHs waited until their regeneration brought back al...
by Wheeler Dealer
10 Nov 2023, 23:02
Topic: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer
Views: 6625

Re: The Warlock → Raelag's Offer

Raelag's Offer, Hard, Max 40 Took the Golden Horseshoe. From info in the walkthrough, I expect Shadya's Dark Magic to be best for many battles. Week 1, Blue sent out a L23 hero with a big army. Raelag defeated him losing 11 assassins, gaining 26K xp and three nice artifacts. Raelag took 15 Black Dra...
by Wheeler Dealer
08 Nov 2023, 21:43
Topic: The Warlock → The March
Views: 5788

Re: The Warlock → The March

The March, Hard, Max 28 I took the minotaurs. Week 1, Raelag took all the minotaurs (only) and did most of the fighting. Day 6, sighted Grawl. at the Red Keymaster tent. Week 2, Raelag defeated Grawl losing about 20% of his troops. Found the Hill Fort. Week 5, Shadya reached L27. Week 6, Raelag defe...
by Wheeler Dealer
07 Nov 2023, 18:56
Topic: The Warlock → The Cultists
Replies: 30
Views: 33810

Re: The Warlock → The Cultists

This is just too difficult on Heroic. Too many reloads and even then, I'm not sure I can win. Should have looked at my own post from 10 years ago before I started. The underground map is really annoying, it's difficult to see without changing your orientation, so finding even the places you have bee...
by Wheeler Dealer
29 Oct 2023, 13:16
Topic: The Warlock → The Expansion
Views: 11194

Re: The Warlock → The Expansion

The Expansion, Heroic, Max L18 I took the minotaur guards. My target skill set is defense, destructive magic, scholar, luck and enlightenment. Got all but Luck but I still have an open Skill Slot. Apparently, you can't have more than 4 heroes, what's that all about? Well, five if you already have 4 ...
by Wheeler Dealer
29 Oct 2023, 13:08
Topic: Tear of Asha
Views: 1025

Re: Tear of Asha

I had to restart the mission. The Heroes and their trails do not show up on the puzzle map.

I went straight to the Tear (@ 135,111) to make sure it was just a one time thing.

Go to advanced search