Search found 102 matches

by Wheeler Dealer
Oct 21 2019, 17:50
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One Khan, One Clan
Replies: 2
Views: 1202

Re: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One Khan, One Clan

Hard 3.0 I went too fast. Let Orange build the town until the first day of week 2. Cleared the beginning area and then met Brown on M2 W3 D5. Teal Immediately invaded with an army I didn't want to fight in the open. He didn't want to fight me in my castle until I left Kujin standing in the doorway w...
by Wheeler Dealer
Oct 7 2019, 20:46
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Collecting Bones
Replies: 1
Views: 855

Re: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Collecting Bones

Hard 3.0 Things worked out poorly for me. I only reached Level 10, missed about half of the stat plus up sites but I got the necklace and some useful skills. The biggest problem was that my rival never hit a skull total between 1000 and 1150. He went from under 1000 to 1162 so bribing the goblins wa...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 15 2019, 0:13
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons
Replies: 24
Views: 10036

Re: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

Hard 2.1 Thralsai had already marched for 2 days toward my city when Ylaya reached the dragons. Between the Sylvan Ancient and the bonus for completing the side quest Ylaya hit the Level Max. Isabelle got her Max from the tree as well, Realag reached easily defending the city. Ylaya and Isabelle hit...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 13 2019, 19:15
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Meeting
Replies: 14
Views: 5043

Re: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Meeting

Hard 2.1 Easy overall, but I had some tense moments in the 2nd and third weeks. Cleared the mines around my starting town and took the Red City before the end of week one. Hired another hero to run errands and pick up stuff. There was a Sack of Gold available when I built the Artifact Merchant so I ...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 11 2019, 22:38
Forum: News
Topic: Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy
Views: 1412

Re: Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy

2.1 Hard I got Ice Bolt from the first Shrine!!! :-D Eldrich Arrow from Secrets of Destruction ( ho hum). 120 Enforcers joined, they came in handy in the fight with the Druid Elders. When the time came to fight the Druid Elders, I sent in my Minotaurs and Enforcers And cast Ice Bolt every turn. I ha...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 10 2019, 21:58
Topic: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Brothers
Replies: 9
Views: 3186

Re: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Brothers

Rolf got killed by a neutral stack! Duncan came in at Level 27 with maybe 70.000 xp toward 28. If I ever earned experience for him he stayed at 27 but lost the points earned toward 28. So I never allowed him to earn experience and he was able to reach 28 in the last scenario which he could not have ...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 7 2019, 19:54
Topic: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Ambush
Replies: 13
Views: 2782

Re: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Ambush

Hard 2.1 I'm not sure I can make it from here. Wulfstan has expert Destructive Magic but only basic Light Magic. The top two Destructive spells he got are Armageddon and Chain Lightning. I would have preferred Implosion and Meteor Shower and he didn't get Circle of Winter or Mass Haste. And with Spe...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 4 2019, 23:02
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices
Replies: 22
Views: 9922

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices

Hard 2.1 I could do better. Freyda made level 29 and Duncan level 27. I waited a bit too long to turn the main army over to Duncan. The very last battle is worth about 23,000 XP and must be fought by Freyda so once she gets within that range let Duncan do all the heavy lifting. I let Freyda take out...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 1 2019, 18:10
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiations
Views: 652

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiations

I barely hit the level cap. I had to backtrack and fight (56) Phoenix to pick up 30,000 XP after I had already beat the Fire Dragons. Seems I forfeited about 60,000 gp when I entered the Dwarven Territory. I collected another 11,000 but only needed 5,000 of it. So, mostly XP from chests and don't pa...
by Wheeler Dealer
Aug 31 2019, 21:59
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan
Replies: 7
Views: 2161

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan

Hard 2.1 I've played through this campaign at least twice years ago. A couple of things I didn't remember. No heroes for hire until the second month. The creatures in the towns gradually disappeared if not hired. I gave Freyda both dark and light magic, She had both mass haste and Mass slow. what wi...
by Wheeler Dealer
Aug 15 2019, 16:48
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 90
Views: 32252

Re: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

Hard 1.6 Found my old post from 2014. Most of it was the same but this time it was harder. I think the difference was that Valdamir had the main army. I couldn't beat him when I first reached the westen land. I had split my sylvan troops between Findan and Dirael and given Talanar all the undead tro...
by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 26 2019, 21:19
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Dream of What Could Be
Views: 2339

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Dream of What Could Be

(Heroic) 2 months, 3 weeks and 5 days. Plays very differently depending on how many of the 6 campaigns you complete before you take on this one. I took Tanis this time and she had my best army and was my best hero for some time. There were almost no ways to gain additional troops for her army, so be...
by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 7 2019, 17:55
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - A World Which Now Trembles
Views: 1653

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - A World Which Now Trembles

(Heroic) I took too long, 4 months 2 weeks 4 days. I was reluctant to attack the three roving heroes until I got the expected difficulty to less than average. My thinking was that, at average, I would take too many losses and be unable to finish all three battles. I don't know if that was actually c...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 23 2018, 6:29
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - The Fathomless Glare
Views: 1911

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Dungeon - The Fathomless Glare

(Heroic) This had to be the most difficult scenario yet, and I've already played through the other five factions! I went forever with no good magic weak troops and not many of those! And not enough gold. I made a mistake and confused a dark tunnel for map's edge in the southwest corner of the dungeo...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 21 2018, 1:21
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - A Feast for the Gods
Replies: 4
Views: 2690

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - A Feast for the Gods

(Heroic) All the action was in the first week or so. On day 4 I spotted Orna headed for Blackforge. She wouldn't attack me there so I had to meet her in the open. My strategy was to put all my eggs in one basket and meet the Empire heroes head on. After the first three it got boring. I usually don't...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 17 2018, 6:09
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - The Blessings of Freedom
Views: 2308

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - The Blessings of Freedom

(Heroic) The most stressful scenario ever! How much time do I have, defense or troops? Can I tarry to pick up stuff or must I hurry to the cities? I decided to just play like normal and if it didn't work, try again, so resources first, then creatures, then upgrades with magic guild improvements spri...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 13 2018, 22:23
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - Blind Instruments of Fatality
Views: 1675

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Haven - Blind Instruments of Fatality

(Heroic) Finished in 2 months, 1 week. Thomas L17, Masfar L16 and Ymoril L11. If Ymoril has a big part to play in later scenarios I may regret not having her carry the load early on. I think I could have had them both reach the limit, L17.
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 6 2018, 0:52
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions
Replies: 4
Views: 4077

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Necropolis - Thoughts and Intentions

(Heroic) In my 4th week I fought the decisive battle of this scenario. I had taken and defended Ziyad when Johari attacked from the south. I had a decent army, the threat level was "Low". Trouble was, Johari was Level 30 (I was maybe 18) and he had Magic 44 and lots of great artifacts. He ...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 18 2018, 21:57
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - No Peace in This World
Replies: 3
Views: 2350

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - No Peace in This World

I have a Problem! Kibwe has Malathua's Cleaver and he can't equip it or trade it!
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 15 2018, 20:27
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - A Very Ambitious Hatred
Views: 1463

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Stronghold - A Very Ambitious Hatred

( playing on Hard ) Finished at week 3 day 5. Managed to collect 10,000 gp along the way to finance visits to the Blind Brothers Monastery and the School of War. Imani was Level 8.

Go to advanced search