Search found 35 matches

by lumpoor
23 Mar 2010, 16:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Final Consensus: Was Heroes V a step in the right direction?
Replies: 57
Views: 24689

Golems can't be slowed... Well, even without unlimited retaliation stil think I would've had a hard time. Yes, his army was alot bigger. Any normal gamer who has played any game for a significant amount of time isn't alot worse than others. You're suggesting that I'd be handicapped or just retarded ...
by lumpoor
23 Mar 2010, 08:45

well, that's hard to pull off in a final battle. For creeping, there are pros and cons to tanks and fast ones. Fast ones die, that's the thing. Creeping is about minimal losses. Tanks usually soak retals, so the fast ones can attack. I've never actually tried making dumy stacks, but that's probably ...
by lumpoor
22 Mar 2010, 20:01

Well, that's the point of initiative. Some are tanks, and some are fast ones. The thing with ini is that unlike attack/def, it won't protect you at all against retaliations, so even if you COULD attack more often, you will often find that your army would just be decimaed after the first attack, so a...
by lumpoor
22 Mar 2010, 01:07
Topic: Are witch huts worth it?
Replies: 19
Views: 14184

But even if you don't mind it taking a skill slot, the new basic skill could flood your ability options, decreasing the chance for you getting what you want.

it could also give you the wrong abiliy, preventing you from getting another ability.
by lumpoor
21 Mar 2010, 23:34
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 135768

jigsaw, with a level 30 hero of basically any kind, vs an army 10 times bigger it's usually easy to win. What I'd like for H6 is for the difficulty of the campaigns to be unchoosable again. I didn't like how you could choose the difficulty in H5 for campaigns too. If the map makers want a map to be ...
by lumpoor
21 Mar 2010, 23:25
Topic: Bad story telling....
Replies: 10
Views: 5424

really? you liked the h3 storylines? I plaeyed H3 a long time but whenever I tried to play the campaign I grew tired before finishing the first level, and went back to single scenarios. So I only heard the first scene in every story. Dragon slayer was the only campaign whee I completed the first lev...
by lumpoor
21 Mar 2010, 23:21

I'd say yes. The creature creativity, and the adventure map were meh. It didn't feel as magical and ancient as H3. But the added conveniencies in H5 were great. The initiative system, the atb bar, the number of kills indicator before attacking, the allowing you tosee how far the enemy can walk when ...
by lumpoor
09 Jul 2009, 13:41
Forum: Articles
Topic: Utopia in a Month
Replies: 135
Views: 53708

First Month Utopia

This is only an exploit if it's something the creators are against. If it's a bug like before when a phantom force stopped being a phantom when you cast vampirism on it, that was an exploit, and when ubi saw it they didn't like it. This however, is something they already know. If we're not supposed ...
by lumpoor
05 Jul 2009, 10:36
Topic: Finally getting serious with Heroes V
Replies: 62
Views: 26200

Not to mention arcane armor works very well with vampires. I thought Naadir was awesome. The ghosts can both steal retaliations and block archers, I've never used him in practice, but it sounds nice. Remember that incorperality givesthe ghosts a chance to survive several hits even in late-game, even...
by lumpoor
02 Jul 2009, 21:34

Play the game differently then what I think they ought to? I, like you, think these ideas sound great in theory, but you have to think of how they are in practice. Some things may seem great when they are your own idea, since you know everything about it, but it may be very confusing for people not ...
by lumpoor
01 Jul 2009, 11:50

- The percentages of what skills & abilities are offered would depend on what sorts of things your hero does. For example if you have a garrison hero that never moves the odds they are offered logistics would approach near zero. If you have a hero that is a "fetcher" type who moves a ...
by lumpoor
01 Jul 2009, 11:29
Topic: Im getting my butt kicked!
Replies: 9
Views: 4817

Nah, I think it's more fun to learn from experience
by lumpoor
01 Jul 2009, 11:29
Topic: Finally getting serious with Heroes V
Replies: 62
Views: 26200

Also storm strike gives a much bigger bonus than jousting. It will always at least double the damage dealt to the target, so it really is 18-26 damage, and then it deals 9-13 if the target is adjacent to another enemy. Jousting at it's best won't give 100% bonus (I think), and the chain effect from ...
by lumpoor
01 Jul 2009, 11:19
Topic: Inferno Strategy Thread
Replies: 48
Views: 21602

Unless you are able to hit like 5 more enemy stacks with meteor rain then you would with fireball it's really not worth the mana. Don't let yourself be fooled by flashy graphics. :creative: Umm, it costs twice as much mana, so you just need to hit twice as many enemies, not to mention it doesn't ta...
by lumpoor
26 Jun 2009, 09:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III: Does it make sense?
Replies: 30
Views: 10030

No it's not that that is meant with a might faction.

Beastmasters and barbarians have higher chances to get attack defense when they level up compared to for example overlords or alchemists. Fortresses and strongholds caster heroes also get more attack and defense than the other factions magic heroes
by lumpoor
25 Jun 2009, 08:27

Meteor shower hits more enemies. You can use both depending on the situation
by lumpoor
25 Jun 2009, 08:26
Topic: It's lame how spell Books don't help at the Arcane Library
Replies: 6
Views: 4176

Well, it is quite obvious. It gives you light spells, but not the ability to learn them. Tome of light magic only temporarily allows you to cast some spells, but you don't have expert light magic because of that

So it was no surprise to me that it didn't work
by lumpoor
24 Jun 2009, 11:28

I don't really agree about the vital skills. Enlightment should be number one. The bonus is just huge.

Destruction is very good. Not because of the magic itself, but the perks. Fiery wrath, searing flames etc.
by lumpoor
22 Jun 2009, 07:46
Topic: School Rankings
Replies: 40
Views: 16117

It's really rare for me to have the opponent use cleansing.
by lumpoor
20 Jun 2009, 19:27
Topic: Upgrade choices
Replies: 14
Views: 8668

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll have to start to use the princes again :/
They're uglier too. Got some acne problems...

Go to advanced search