Search found 64 matches

by sezerp
Nov 12 2012, 20:17
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North
Replies: 20
Views: 10458

Warriors of the.. is proof that if you have good formula you don't need revolution to make a good game. :)

I'm looking at you 'don't want H3 remake' crowd :devil:
by sezerp
May 1 2012, 20:03
Forum: News
Topic: Modernizing Heroes III?
Replies: 38
Views: 8605

Modernizing Heroes III?

> it randomly crashes/closes itself at times on windows 7
AFAIK it is because H3 doesn't really work well with multicore processors. IIRC running it in Windows 9x compatibility mode helps (I use GoG version)
by sezerp
Apr 30 2012, 10:44
Forum: News
Topic: Modernizing Heroes III?
Replies: 38
Views: 8605

Modernizing Heroes III?

H3 remake? That would be preorder for me. @CloudRiderX Changing gameplay is something I would leave to 'true' sequels. OTOH it would be nice to see some new campaigns. There is a lot of material for them: 'Forge' version of Armageddon's Blade anyone ? The events predating the big blast like Kilgore'...
by sezerp
Nov 20 2011, 21:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How to Play Each Faction (to supplement Maltz’s walkthroughs
Replies: 16
Views: 30520

Re: How to Play Each Faction (to supplement Maltz’s walkthro

cjlee wrote: Eightfold Lotus is useless as Kenshi already has unlimited retaliation (...) If you go Might-Tears, you’ll end up using Eightfold Lotus on Upgraded Toads. It’s not a great choice.


Wanizame OTOH... Ulimited retalation on those actually sounds like a good idea.
by sezerp
Oct 17 2011, 21:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes difficulty: What am I missing? (Long post, TL;DR@bot)
Replies: 27
Views: 10841

During beta, some people reported that 'easy' was in fact harder than 'normal'. I wonder if it can still be the case....

If for example AI in campaing was given fixed size army then it would have easier time defeating all the mobs on 'easy' because they are smaller.
by sezerp
Oct 17 2011, 21:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 66428

I don't understand the general ire this community has for HoMMV though. I felt that it was as close to HoMMIII greatness as any of the others. I think it's the residual bitterness from the rough and unpolished state in which V was originally released, and it took several patches and two expansions ...
by sezerp
Mar 18 2011, 0:28
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: St. Patrick´s Day
Replies: 5
Views: 1900

St. Patrick´s Day

We want more Kings Bounty! I mean a proper sequel of course.
by sezerp
Feb 20 2011, 20:28
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Dem bones, dem bones, dem
Replies: 23
Views: 2847

Dem bones, dem bones, dem

Pretty stuff is pretty, but I'm with Pitsu on 'signal to noise ratio' being low.
On related note: fingers crossed for huge maps.
by sezerp
Feb 15 2011, 14:36
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 32006

TheUndeadKing wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:I'm pretty sure most of us would take Heroes 3, improve balance, hero diversity/advancement

Guess what, Nival gave you just what you wanted, guys.


Yes, crappy AI, small maps and yet the turns somehow taking ages to complete are totally what we, H3 fans, wanted :disagree:
by sezerp
Feb 13 2011, 22:15
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: No Blackies = please no Dungeon
Replies: 100
Views: 23865

Zenofex wrote:The Black Dragon is THE Dragon, every other fire/acid/something-breathing iguana should be inferior to it.


Perhaps they should, but they aren't :-P

H3: Azure Dragon, Rust Dragon
H4: Megadragon
by sezerp
Feb 13 2011, 19:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Necropolis and green
Replies: 51
Views: 13889

Radioactive vampires that don't go "blaaah" ? Me say no.
by sezerp
Feb 13 2011, 16:13
Forum: Campfire
Topic: the unproductive thoughts of a guy you've never heard of
Replies: 112
Views: 29431

Not enlisting women was actually very pragmatic, it is all about allocation of resources really. Only women can bear children. And keeping them away from other men/putting a chastity belt on assured known parentage on both sides... i'm sure all this stuff had some form of pragmatism at it's base......
by sezerp
Feb 13 2011, 12:16
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 66960

It is relevant. Ubi have time and again compared their Ashan universe to Earth - for instance, the Griffin duchy is compared to the Slavic region of Europe . Harpies have wings of parrots. Centaurs are half-zebras. Cyclops are not giants but half-demons. So much for consistency with our world and i...
by sezerp
Feb 13 2011, 11:42
Forum: Campfire
Topic: the unproductive thoughts of a guy you've never heard of
Replies: 112
Views: 29431

mr.hackcrag wrote:@sezerp: Nice rationalization; your conception of women as men's resources must definitly be empowering for women.


I was talking about _people_ being states/nations/tribes resource, and how the women are _less expendable_.
by sezerp
Feb 12 2011, 23:27
Forum: Campfire
Topic: the unproductive thoughts of a guy you've never heard of
Replies: 112
Views: 29431

soldier just happens to be male profession and this is not because the chauvinistic male pigs are oppressing the women. Seriously, don't turn this into "human rights" discussion, it's pointless. Why do you say this is not because of male oppression? Not enlisting women was actually very p...
by sezerp
Feb 12 2011, 22:33
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 66960

Agree with the incompatibility. Naga is Eastern. Kraken is European. Ashan is not Earth so this is irrelvant. What is relevant is that Kraken doesn't really work as unit that can fight on dry land, which is pretty much a must for recruitable creature. So, Kraken as sth. that can attack your ship ? ...
by sezerp
Feb 12 2011, 22:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: No Blackies = please no Dungeon
Replies: 100
Views: 23865

That matter is a little tricky, since it wouldn't do justice to the Dungeon's integrity to revamp the faction without any Black Dragons, whereas it wouldn't do justice to the Black Dragons' integrity to shoehorn them as tier 7s into a faction if there were neutral boss dragons in the game ten times...
by sezerp
Feb 6 2011, 19:20
Forum: Campfire
Topic: the unproductive thoughts of a guy you've never heard of
Replies: 112
Views: 29431

(...) In Heroes 3, it felt like that there was a real war being waged since you often had huge maps with 8 or 10 towns, more if there's an underground area, that take weeks to explore. Actually, 8 - 10 towns is sth. you can fit on medium map in H3, still having some space left to work with. Case in...
by sezerp
Feb 3 2011, 7:51
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: At Death's Door
Replies: 15
Views: 1386

At Death's Door

> Yes, instead let's see photos of non-shiny game mechanics! Maybe some source-code screen captures!

Well, the shot of creature stats window, this time with an explanation, could be informative AND shiny :-D
by sezerp
Jan 30 2011, 21:16
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6: ooookay?? (rant, really)
Replies: 82
Views: 18693

@Kranyum Many won't consider that what they see is but a fraction of the game, they will just take a look at a screenshot and say that the adventure map is empty. Just because the screenshot is. So you say that what Soft: Ubi publishes is in no way representative of the actual game? :| Disclamer: I...

Go to advanced search