Search found 168 matches

by Maciek
01 Jan 2016, 17:29
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Collaborative H4 campaign
Replies: 98
Views: 38864

Re: Collaborative H4 campaign

Since you want army oriented maps instead of hero oriented, why not carry over armies (and perhaps some artifacts) instead of heroes? Interesting idea Maciek (I fell like writing as always ;)) the only issue is with 4-5 different map makers each doing a map, we wont have the luxury of knowing army ...
by Maciek
30 Dec 2015, 12:50
Topic: H4 campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon
Replies: 127
Views: 70009

Re: HIV campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon

I was testing hero cloning for map 13, trying to predict where will which hero go at the beginning of new campaign and can't figure out a pattern. See here: carryover test campaigns . The maps were created and last edited from first to last and the heroes were created and last edited from top left t...
by Maciek
30 Dec 2015, 12:23
Topic: Collaborative H4 campaign
Replies: 98
Views: 38864

Re: Collaborative H4 campaign

Since you want army oriented maps instead of hero oriented, why not carry over armies (and perhaps some artifacts) instead of heroes? I wouldn't fit the project unless the map I happen to be making happens to fit your story. That's because I start with gameplay tricks, not with story. I doubt the ma...
by Maciek
16 Dec 2015, 23:30
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Rage of the Carrots 2015
Replies: 329
Views: 85299

Re: Rage of the Carrots 2015

flaming
by Maciek
15 Dec 2015, 17:22

I think freezing in battle is caused by running h4 on multiple cores which it was not designed to do. To avoid this, open Task Manager (while running the game), right click h4mod.exe, go to process, right click, set affinity to one processor. Money and resources used to build Fort and Citadel don't ...
by Maciek
13 Dec 2015, 09:17

magnetic
by Maciek
12 Dec 2015, 00:20

fork
by Maciek
12 Dec 2015, 00:14
Topic: Knock knock..
Replies: 25
Views: 15500

Re: Knock knock..

One of them was an old note. Skelton recognized his own handwriting and, still slightly confused, read it aloud: "My mission is to find unauthorized corpses in Cassidy's Mausoleum . If that's not possible, place my own in there and wait for Inspector Case." There was also some newer text o...
by Maciek
10 Dec 2015, 17:03

What difficulty are these maps aimed towards? What could you possibly mean by that? Maps 1-4 got the rating of 'Hard' (2. got changed from 'Normal' to 'Hard' in the upcoming update), map 5 is rated 'Expert'. That's 'map difficulty'. But there's also 'playing difficulty' that you choose when startin...
by Maciek
06 Dec 2015, 14:45
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 80147

Re: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature

Actually, all Dungeon troops except Manticore have at least one special ability. Or do you mean 'lack of specialization'? Because indeed the problem with Evil Eyes/Beholders is that they are Jacks of all trades, but they're not really best at anything. And they are as expensive as some towns' level ...
by Maciek
02 Dec 2015, 21:27
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 99
Views: 134696

Re: Bug reports

When I named the hero $(rushpoints) or whatever, I could only see the real value of the variable when right clicking the hero's portrait on army list on adventure map (if the hero was leading an army), but not anywhere else. Everywhere else there was either a zero displayed or $(rushpoints). I'm not...
by Maciek
27 Nov 2015, 22:08
Topic: H4 earning achievements
Replies: 8
Views: 5050

Re: H4 earning achievements

Sometimes, it's the road that matters, not the destination. I suppose this is some kind of quote. To me, it is especially true in a story-driven campaign, although we've both seen evidence that even in a story-driven campaign, some people care about scores and care if they get a Megadragon rank or n...
by Maciek
24 Nov 2015, 00:44
Topic: H4 - Question about retreat
Replies: 4
Views: 3506

Re: H4 - Question about retreat

You can't run to a castle that is too close. So, that 'nearest' is actually 'nearest, but not nearer than x tiles away'. Simple test: Make a map with 1 Red castle, 1 Red hero and some neutrals several tiles away from the castle. If you attack the neutrals that are too close and try to run you'll get...
by Maciek
03 Nov 2015, 23:49
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?
Replies: 8
Views: 7344

Re: Where do I go for a list of all Equilibris changes?

Medusa's Stone Gaze is affected by Resistance. Sea Monster's Devouring and Mermaid's Charm aren't. As for Charm, this: It just might be that game considers it a creature ability and not a spell as per say doesn't happen to be a good guess. Charm spell is simply not flagged as 'resistible' in table.s...
by Maciek
29 Oct 2015, 22:35
Topic: Megom Chronicles Project
Replies: 189
Views: 84887

Re: Megom Chronicles Project

I hope I put the right number of 'n's in 'finished'. Did I say that I like the campaign? If not, I'm saying it now. Otherwise, I'm repeating it now. And here are some saves from it. You may find the replays of those turns interesting. I guess if someone recorded the last one (and perhaps the some of...
by Maciek
27 Oct 2015, 19:17

Finished the campaign. Map 6 (continued) Another trick that turned out to be only marginally useful in this map, but came in very handy in the last 2 maps was to play battles in such a way that gives AI some time to surrender. Then, Behart gets to battle that army again (and again and again) and get...
by Maciek
20 Oct 2015, 00:23
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Taking lessons from Heroes 3
Replies: 30
Views: 16905

Re: Taking lessons from Heroes 3

@cjlee: Looks like I'm being misunderstood. I'll rephrase this part of my previous post: But we can imagine similar rules applied to other skills. For example "Every Knight will be offered Offense, Defense, Tactics, Morale or Luck skill at least every 4 levels." or "Every hero will be...
by Maciek
18 Oct 2015, 17:25
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Taking lessons from Heroes 3
Replies: 30
Views: 16905

Re: Taking lessons from Heroes 3

Both h3 and h4 do have certain mechanisms reducing randomness of skills offered at level-ups and I find them quite effective. I don't know if any of those mechanisms are present in any of the newer 'Heroes' games. 1) Exceptions H3-styled level-up exceptions have the following form: "Every hero ...
by Maciek
14 Oct 2015, 15:12
Topic: H4: Principles of initiative explained
Replies: 11
Views: 6084

Re: H4: Principles of initiative explained

I have one thing to add. I've noticed that a hero with extremely high Initiative (1000+; can happen with scripts) and neutral morale may act before a hero (or creatures) with high morale but ordinary Initiative. In my experiments, a hero with 1007 Initiative and no morale bonus acted before 'moralin...
by Maciek
10 Oct 2015, 20:41

The effect is that heroes can't drink PoIs during battle. I don't remember what exactly happens if you find the Potions somewhere in spellbook and click them. Either you get some message about invalid target right away or you can try hovering over different possible targets, but each is invalid for ...

Go to advanced search