Oh ill letcha know....it works!!

Way cool and looks really good still :)
by Savatage79
27 May 2009, 21:02
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: I got that cd bundle with III and IV,IV wont run on vista 64
Replies: 20
Views: 6257

Well, I downloaded SP2 and... and... and... IT WORKS!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Yesssssssss, this makes me so happy. I don't understand why it won't work for others though. After I installed SP2 I uninstalled Heroes 4, and reinstalled it and it worked fine with no problems. Ah, maybe the unins...
by Savatage79
26 May 2009, 23:30

I dont understand the problem though, like i understand lack of compatibility, but man what did they do to Heroes IV that just makes it the impossible game to run?
by Savatage79
26 May 2009, 18:57

Well, just tried Heroes IV with SP2, no go.

Seriously how does every other old game run, and Heroes IV is just the brick wall lol...unless you guys figure out something else to try, but i just installed SP2 and tried and i didnt get the blue screen...just crashed to windows.
by Savatage79
23 May 2009, 22:53
Topic: Heroes strategies, lets start with the basics!
Replies: 38
Views: 10264

Just a random question guys...how does Heroes V differ from the first and well the other 4, just been curious about that.
by Savatage79
22 May 2009, 03:30

Oh i feel the fun :p its like on the verge of greatness once i realize a good way to play, its just these games overwhelm me sometimes. So let me get this a little more straight...i start on up, i make a 2nd hero and which hero is out fighting...and by fighting do you mean just the enemy monsters or...
by Savatage79
21 May 2009, 19:12

Sadly i havent had too much time to play as of late...i got sidetracked with a few other games and im gonna be fully delving into HOMM soon here, i just got to finish off one or two of the current games im playing. But heres another qualm i got and its more my issue than anything, but when i read th...
by Savatage79
17 May 2009, 16:08

Now does this all apply to the campaigns or are you guys talking about like the skirmish type maps?
by Savatage79
15 May 2009, 22:45

So do you mean basically like...start off, and just kind of roll and plow enemies, collect materials etc...and just build up a pretty powerful character, then lay down the fort at a castle somewhere? One thing i want to point out too...its amazing how well these games held up, the first HOMM looks r...
by Savatage79
15 May 2009, 17:13

Heroes strategies, lets start with the basics!

Key basics to keep in mind and any other strategies that you wish to list would be more than welcomed :) Im gonna be delving deep into the series so i want to know as much as i can. Im personally starting with the original, so if any of you can post some strategies to remember that would be great......
by Savatage79
15 May 2009, 16:00
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 1 Rereleased!
Replies: 9
Views: 3891

Ok with this thread being based on HOMM the original, question to you pros ;) Whats a good tactic to use in terms of traveling? Like for example...Im finding that i can put up some good battles, but before i can build the army back up an enemy comes and takes my kingdom. Is it best to just press on ...
by Savatage79
14 May 2009, 21:36
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 1 Rereleased!
Replies: 9
Views: 3891

Macros the Black wrote:Interesting, although I'd rather have heroes 2 or 3 as I can't find those atm, but still good news I guess :D
Bro, amazon....has HOMM3...and or if you wanted, 3 and 4 and all their expansions for like 12 bucks :p

But if its just III you want, amazon...got a nice cd pack with them on it, cheap.
by Savatage79
14 May 2009, 20:29
Topic: Silly recruit question for Heroes I
Replies: 5
Views: 1875

You should be able to click on the stack in the garrison and then on the corresponding stack in the army to move them. shift-click if you only want to move part of the stack. It has been a very long time for me since I played H1, but I am pretty certain that's how it works. Ok if im looking at my k...
by Savatage79
14 May 2009, 20:08

Well i thought though i could hire more and add them to my army, like if in my army during battles i got 20 peasants and 5 archers....that i could go to the castle, hire the max amount of peasants and archers, and then up my count per unit. But i got wiped in a previous save, i hired a new hero and ...
by Savatage79
14 May 2009, 19:23

Silly recruit question for Heroes I

Been forever since ive played the first...and couldnt resist now that its on gog for 5 or 6 bucks. So i click on my kingdom, i recruit like 12 or so peasants and about 8 archers...im trying to add them to my army count but cant, what am i missing? I need them to kill off those first blue trolls, jus...
by Savatage79
10 Apr 2009, 02:13

I got that cd bundle with III and IV,IV wont run on vista 64

Ahh i hope i can get the help i need here. I got that cd thats sold on ebay with 3 and 4 and the packs. Ive done everything with 4...at first i was getting a cdd.dll blue screen, then now when i try it it goes to load, its like wooo here we go...then just drops right to windows. What can i do :( i s...

Go to advanced search