Views: 14065

Oh, that's convenient! Thanks Marzhin, for answering my question. :proud:
by Jac
23 Aug 2013, 11:06
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Upcoming MMX Preview
Replies: 21
Views: 14065

A question, I just saw the game available for purchase on steam. They clearly specify that this is the early access game, but by that what do they mean? Am I only purchasing the first section (Act1) of the game, and later they will release the full game at full price, at which I have to purchase it ...
by Jac
23 Jun 2012, 03:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Can't update to 1.4
Replies: 6
Views: 3789

Okay thanks guys, I found the "gu" file and updated the game.
by Jac
19 Jun 2012, 16:07
Topic: Can't update to 1.4
Views: 3789

Can't update to 1.4

Ok I took a long break from the game, managed to get it patched to 1.3 today. I exit the game, run it again for patch 1.4 but it won't update. It just starts normally after the "checking for updates" window. Can someone tell me what's going on?
by Jac
12 Apr 2012, 13:15
Topic: Katauri for developing future HOMM?
Replies: 12
Views: 8103

My option is stop obsessing over HoMM and make Might and Magic X Indeed I think the Might and Magic series needs to come back, imo. Give HoMM another expansion to complete the roster and fix everything, then it's time to revive an old favourite. I had a good bit of fun in Skyrim, but I can't help b...
by Jac
16 Jan 2012, 00:38
Topic: Where do you think Blazing and Radiant Glories come from?
Views: 4905

One more thing I'd like to add is never look to manga or anime to determine the origin of mythical creatures and legends, or you might just become the typical westerner youth who thinks Japan created the world.
by Jac
05 Nov 2011, 17:08
Topic: Faction analysis: Necropolis
Replies: 26
Views: 13880

Yeah... pretty useless unit.
by Jac
05 Nov 2011, 14:44
Topic: Faction analysis: Necropolis
Replies: 26
Views: 13880

... Other elite units I find underpowered or near useless are the spring spirits/mizu kami who are just so very slow and don't possess any special talents worth mentioning... Mmmhm, not that I want to say I am using them (because I am lazy and the computor is not offering quiet the challenge to do ...
by Jac
04 Nov 2011, 10:02
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Begging Goblin
Replies: 7
Views: 4671

Begging Goblin

I am reminded of Dark Messiah for some reason.
by Jac
20 Oct 2011, 02:04
Topic: can't even force myself to play this game
Replies: 9
Views: 5978

Anything good that you can say about this game?
by Jac
13 Oct 2011, 17:06
Topic: conflux
Replies: 2
Views: 2918

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'd like to know something about the conflux. Is there any "protection" against losing information and stuff if your internet disconnects itself? My internet has a habit of disconnecting without reason or warning, I am ...
by Jac
12 Oct 2011, 02:13
Forum: News
Topic: Pre-Load Might & Magic Heroes VI Now!
Replies: 16
Views: 8240

Pre-Load Might & Magic Heroes VI Now!

Steam sells games at a fixed US dollar price, which means it's more expensive than buying the game when it hit stores in your region right? Should I wait for it?
by Jac
09 Oct 2011, 15:26
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 12337

Having practiced aikido for some time I know well enough that it is possible to 'retaliate' simultaneously or slightly earlier than the attack comes. However that takes incredible coordination and mobility which can take a while to gain and more importantly be confident enough to use naturally unde...
by Jac
04 Oct 2011, 11:06
Topic: An inauspicious parallel between Heroes VI and TA Kingdoms
Replies: 9
Views: 11641

HoMM has always been very influential in Eastern Europe, most of which is slavic-speaking. Recently in China there seems to have been increasing interest in HoMM. That is why the two "good" factions in Heroes VI are slavs (Castle) and east-asians (Sanctuary). I too hate this pandering of ...
by Jac
03 Oct 2011, 13:56
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VI is Gold
Replies: 27
Views: 12344

Heroes VI is Gold

Now is the time to bug them for two new factions, but they'll probably only release one per expansion.
by Jac
29 Jul 2011, 16:05
Topic: Is the graphics the same as in Heroes V?
Replies: 3
Views: 3220

Oh, wonderful lol. Good to know that my PC could probably support this game better than it could do with Heroes V. Indeed the engine in Heroes V was a major letdown. I usually take days just to complete a game on large, and all that waiting time when playing on hot seat was also pretty awkward. The ...
by Jac
29 Jul 2011, 02:09
Topic: Is the graphics the same as in Heroes V?
Replies: 3
Views: 3220

Is the graphics the same as in Heroes V?

I'm not complaining that the graphics look too similar, but I'd like to know if they are using the same engine/program to make the game graphics? I ask this because since almost a year ago I have stopped playing Heroes V due to a glitch that caused my game graphics to wash out at random intervals, w...
by Jac
09 Jun 2011, 17:22
Topic: What's with all of the female units?
Replies: 161
Views: 89802

Men can be ideal, whatever type of ideal you may prefer: http://www.bodybuildingblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/arnold-schwarzenegger-muscle.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2036/2243039698_c29c7957a0.jpg How's this for a man? http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr358/SmileWithMe02/2bc20cfc....
by Jac
25 May 2011, 01:48
Topic: naming of sanctuary units
Replies: 11
Views: 7089

Yep. Would it be too much to ask for a Eastern-based faction that isn't entirely biased in favour of one type of culture? I'm not too keen on using the word "culture" here since most of that stuff isn't exactly accurate to so speak. About half their creatures have origins in Chinese myth, ...
by Jac
05 May 2011, 17:30
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 61460

You're right, it's kind of hard to see anything resembling anything else other than Japan. They have the overrated katana, samurai-looking armour and Japanese names. Their units all have Japanese names. Their island has a Japanese name.

They might as well just change the lotus to a red sun.

Go to advanced search