Search found 13 matches

by Coconut
21 Jun 2011, 20:42
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Civilization V
Replies: 44
Views: 23573

To add to the discussion about the good or bad of Steam, I'm noticing something going on with the patches for Civ V that is interesting. The patches are huge; it's major surgery that is still being applied to the game. It's not just a bit of repair work, they're seriously changing things, even addin...
by Coconut
01 Feb 2011, 21:06
Topic: Best strategy game 2010?
Replies: 12
Views: 7353

Have you actually gone for Age of Wonders, Shadow Magiv, Pol? Certainly download the Upatch 1.4 (Unofficial patch 1.4) if you have. In many respects Age of Wonders has better or more interesting game mechanics than Heroes III, the main drawback of the game is a poor AI. The game is supposed to be be...
by Coconut
01 Feb 2011, 20:47
Topic: Modern RPG worth play?
Replies: 19
Views: 10117

Re: Modern RPG worth play?

Anybody known modern RPGs which resemble classic as M&M or give the same fun from play? Not many answers possible here, no, but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Eschalon: http://basiliskgames.com Book II of a 3-part series came out early 2010. Basilisk Games is an independent game maker who tri...
by Coconut
13 Jan 2011, 16:44
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: A Picture On My Wall by Coconut
Replies: 2
Views: 2206

Heheh, if I had known you were going to write this, I would not yet have sent the final version to the headquarters of CH! :D I thank you for this post, I see it as an encouragement for my map making. I'm happy with the considerations you're giving me here. I'm trying to make maps for the Heroes fan...
by Coconut
22 Dec 2010, 12:28
Topic: The Spoiler of 'Wayfarer'
Replies: 590
Views: 358830

Great strategy thread, and amazing to see these battle tactics played out. My compliments, benbird. I would never dream of taking on monster stacks myself with odds like this; I would never think I could win, let alone winning and not losing a single unit! I have a question, though. In the second ba...
by Coconut
22 Dec 2010, 11:47
Topic: MAP TESTERS NEEDED NOW!
Replies: 26
Views: 9586

Hi HeroOfPunk, Sorry, I was too tired to play the new map, after a short night and the morning job. I only managed a look, and played the start a few times. The start is different now. I couldn't build up my castle as swiftly this time. Compared to the first version I played it's just a few resource...
by Coconut
21 Dec 2010, 13:58

I was just trying to get back to you about that. I had another look at the map in the editor and checked the win condition... Yeah, you do explain it at the beginning, what the win condition is, but I guess it's the nature of the player to try and defeat the enemy. You do realize now how you can set...
by Coconut
21 Dec 2010, 11:41

I ran a playtest and just sent a reply to HeroOfPunk. If only I wasn't reliant on the library for my internet, then I could have sent it last night... The map I got had its tricky bits, but the difficulty tag of 'normal' seems correct to me. I haven't responded to the English at all (in my response ...
by Coconut
20 Dec 2010, 12:30

Err... that timeframe is tight! Perhaps you should have uploaded your map straight away. I'm now just seeing your message, and that's 1 of the 1 or 2 days you want the map tested in already gone, and tomorrow noon UK time is the earliest I can check my email again! I'll give you my email: RythmnBlue...
by Coconut
09 Dec 2010, 15:17
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Map Testers Needed
Replies: 3
Views: 3339

Since you say a good computer is needed, I'm guessing this is about a Heroes V map, and then I can't help out, but my hint is: it helps if you mention for which game you've made a map!
by Coconut
01 Mar 2010, 15:15
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 421
Views: 619187

Thanks for keeping us updated, Greyface! The split up is not good news, as we will end up with several bits and pieces to download, and the idea of HotA as the ultimate expansion for Heroes 3 will now not happen. I hope the people involved will still continue working on it though, what we've seen so...
by Coconut
17 Nov 2009, 22:45

I am one of these people who continue playing the games as they are without worrying about when a new release will come out or not. ..which is probably healthier than trying to hold your breath for a year. I like a game called Eschalon. Book II was scheduled for release Feb 2009. It still isn't out...
by Coconut
29 Jan 2009, 16:46

One thing I like about those new creatures is the humour that's in them.
I don't think I've seen many hero portraits yet, but I hope also they will have that humour, as for me that was a crucial element of the charm of the early Heroes games.

Go to advanced search