Search found 39 matches

by ReinierK
19 Oct 2014, 22:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Need help with CHaM2 on hard (map 2)
Replies: 1
Views: 3114

Okay I now managed to book a win after about 20 restarts. It seems his army size is either very large, or "doable" at random (9/10 I get the large army). This time around he had 5 liches, much more managable. Must be a bug/feature, as they were all week 1 armies, so they should be similar ...
by ReinierK
19 Oct 2014, 16:18
Topic: Need help with CHaM2 on hard (map 2)
Views: 3114

Need help with CHaM2 on hard (map 2)

Hey guys, I'm replaying the game on hard with help from the tutorials on this site and so far it's going great! Now I've reached Haven campaign map 2 and I'm completely at a loss: the hero at town A has a humongeous army in week one (18 liches for example) and my army is a fraction of that. There's ...
by ReinierK
09 Feb 2009, 16:19
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: [ToTE] Problem with placing bridges via script
Replies: 13
Views: 5543

That's actually a good attitude ;-) Since it gives you the oppertunity to quickly work out ideas and fill in the details later... I do that too, I'm about to redo about 25% of my first map because my story changed on some parts and now the map needs some adjustment... I never regret that, because it...
by ReinierK
06 Feb 2009, 08:56
Topic: [ToTE] Problem with placing bridges via script
Replies: 13
Views: 5543

As an alternative (ugly) solution: place the 'fixed' bridge part somewhere on the map that is not (yet) visible. Make sure it's at the correct height and angle... When you trigger the script, remove the broken part and simply move the fixed part into it's new location... I don't know if theis actual...
by ReinierK
04 Feb 2009, 08:29
Topic: Vista compatability
Replies: 10
Views: 5558

No, "My Documents" isn't supposed to be there in the first place, it's only there because of upgrade issues with XP... Your "My DOcuments" folder is now transferred to "Documents" and there you have "My Games" under which HOMM5 keeps its profiles and such... B...
by ReinierK
03 Feb 2009, 19:19
Topic: Is there a way to turn of "... has been defeated"?
Views: 2183

Is there a way to turn of "... has been defeated"?

Like the topic says, is this possible? I'm making a map and I delete the 2nd player on startup (because it's a single player map for a campaign)... I need the 2nd player to be able to play the map of course... I've deleted all objectives, bar the custom (manual)ones for PLAYER_1, but the message kee...
by ReinierK
02 Feb 2009, 15:58
Topic: FIX: for the "Washed out textures" problem
Views: 5097

Might be DirectX related too by the way...
by ReinierK
02 Feb 2009, 15:57
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Game: Hangman - Another Strike{7}
Replies: 1490
Views: 291150

O then?
by ReinierK
02 Feb 2009, 15:55
Topic: Vista compatability
Views: 5558

Runs fine on Vista 64 bit here, lots of editor crashes indeed and your profile isn't stored in "My Documents" but rather in "Documents"... "My Documents" isn't accesible in Vista (why the crap did they put it there then?)... The game itself runs very well, not a single ...
by ReinierK
02 Feb 2009, 15:53
Topic: FIX: for the "Washed out textures" problem
Views: 5097

It probably has to with the mipmap indeed... looks like the game sometimes messe up the mipmap value, which causes these blurs (I know that from my Quake3 experiences, where we puprosely tried to vaguen the textures)... It could be a bug, but then it would have to be something about loading textures...
by ReinierK
02 Feb 2009, 13:12
Topic: How to perm. get things in the Game Database
Replies: 8
Views: 4898

Yeah it looks like it will work... The vague thing is the different options of opening "resources" in the editor... If you do it from the file menu (most logical) you enter a world of pain and suffering... The MOD options aren't clear either (I'm making a scenario, not a mod!) and a "...
by ReinierK
02 Feb 2009, 08:13

Hmm.. seems a bit far fetched if you ask me... I simply use the default index.bin and work from there. My files get saved in the HoMMV\data\ folder, I can zip them up into a single file for ditribution I guess... So far it sees to work this way, although I would have to distribute it to see if it wo...
by ReinierK
31 Jan 2009, 16:07

Yeah I use that... seems like I did it all wrong the first time around... I now create new resources in the tree and work from there (copying old files from the h5m containers) and changing the values that need it (like map hrefs)... So far it's actually working and everything gets stored in the \da...
by ReinierK
31 Jan 2009, 15:48

What I mean is, if I create two maps, one for play and the other for a dialog scene, if I edit the dialog scene and save it, close the editor and start the editor again, the dialogscene has disappeared from the database tree... Although I somehow think I figured something out, by creating maps from ...
by ReinierK
31 Jan 2009, 12:02

How to perm. get things in the Game Database

Hi,

Whenever I make a new resource in the game database, it disappears when I restart the editor... This is frustrating, because all my DialogScenes are now gone from the tree...

The files are physically there, but somehow it's impossible to get them in the tree for good.

Anyone can help me?
by ReinierK
30 Jan 2009, 10:51
Topic: Trouble getting objective to show up
Replies: 2
Views: 2515

Good lord... GetCurrentPlayer didn't work, I had to put in PLAYER_1 to make it all work...

Finally ;-)
by ReinierK
30 Jan 2009, 09:52
Topic: Trouble getting objective to show up
Replies: 2
Views: 2515

Trouble getting objective to show up

Heya, I have trouble getting my second objective to show up after a cinematic scene... I play the scene (works fine) and then want my 2nd objective to show up in the player's list, see the screenshots how I set up the objective and how I activate it. It simply doesn't show up, not even if I also def...
by ReinierK
29 Jan 2009, 08:57
Topic: Making a Dialog Scene - Ingame Cinematic
Replies: 6
Views: 4014

Great, yesterday I created my first cinematic with animations! It looks quite cool and really adds something to the atmosphere of the map. Still hard to get the whole camera movement in check, especiall because it isn't clear what the whole "relative to..." is actually doing and how the pa...
by ReinierK
28 Jan 2009, 18:22
Topic: Making a Dialog Scene - Ingame Cinematic
Replies: 6
Views: 4014

--UPDATE-- Found out how to refer to my own map, seems they're automatically added somewhere in the hierarchy ;-) Sorry to bump this old one up, but I'm having trouble entering my own map in the properties... I save my maps in the (default) "Maps" folder, but I can't add them to my scenes....
by ReinierK
28 Jan 2009, 09:27
Topic: [H5 Tote] How do I create "in game/original" flyin
Replies: 23
Views: 11745

Even ID software did it, but it took them LONG ;-) SO better not get your hopes up!

Go to advanced search