Search found 40 matches

by Grey Pilgrim
Mar 9 2011, 17:33
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Game Collection - ToweringAmishPlumber
Replies: 12
Views: 2106

Game Collection - ToweringAmishPlumber

Have all of these, plus MM1 and the Chronicles. Only games I actually kept all the boxes/materials. Oh, and Sir Charles...was just at Genies Lamp tavern, and it's so dusty I couldn't even fight my way through it, and in the door (sigh). Oh, and I can't remember my password, either, or the email I ha...
by Grey Pilgrim
Sep 23 2009, 2:35
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Connecting online for Heroes III and IV gaming
Replies: 2
Views: 1161

I've seen posts about Hamachi...any thoughts about Gameranger? I've seen people talking about that, as well.
by Grey Pilgrim
Sep 23 2009, 0:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Connecting online for Heroes III and IV gaming
Replies: 2
Views: 1161

Connecting online for Heroes III and IV gaming

Does anyone remember how to connect via TCP/IP to play Heroes III and IV online?? I know in my modem days a friend and I could connect via the Internet (TCP/IP) to play (mainly) Heroes III and, sometimes, Heroes IV. Been doing mainly Hot Seat games for IV and V for a few years now, but wanted to go ...
by Grey Pilgrim
Dec 11 2008, 18:14
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Wizardry
Replies: 22
Views: 3538

Wizardry I for me...played it on my Apple II+, and still have that machine just so that I can occasionally go back to the "original" feel of Wizardry!
by Grey Pilgrim
Feb 1 2008, 13:00
Forum: Articles
Topic:
Replies: 92
Views: 37529

Just another comment (added to the many) saying how enjoyable the TotE campaign was...with the use of your walkthroughs, Maltz. I would never have thought of some of the things you suggested, and as a result, instead of quitting the campaign in frustration, it was lots of fun to finish. Thank you VE...
by Grey Pilgrim
Nov 30 2007, 14:26
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Magic Schools and Town Magic Guilds
Replies: 8
Views: 2006

Thanks for the help, everyone! That listing is what I was looking for! I just couldn't find it...well, when you get to be my age...(sigh)

GP
by Grey Pilgrim
Nov 29 2007, 15:37
Topic: Magic Schools and Town Magic Guilds
Replies: 8
Views: 2006

Magic Schools and Town Magic Guilds

I know I've read this somewhere, maybe here in the RT, or in one of the Heroes 5 manuals, but I can't find it now...
Which magic schools goes with which town magic guild? In other words, which two magic alignments are emphasized with which towns?
Thanks for the help!

GP
by Grey Pilgrim
Oct 19 2007, 17:21
Topic: Allied Maps in TOTE?
Replies: 16
Views: 3719

Ah...(begins to see the light) I see what happened (don't know why, though)...I copied a map (.h5m) from HoF Maps folder to ToE Maps folder, immediately went to the game to look for it, and it was not there! Nor was it visible in the Map Editor for ToE. However, after a reboot of the system, the map...
by Grey Pilgrim
Oct 19 2007, 15:53
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Allied Maps in ToE
Replies: 1
Views: 1176

Allied Maps in ToE

Here's a copy of what I just posted over in the Heroes 5 forum...can anyone supply any additional information...? Grey Pilgrim: "Ok, this is somewhat related...forgive my ignorance, but how do you get the multiplayer maps (which appear as choices when you run the game) to appear in the ToE Maps fold...
by Grey Pilgrim
Oct 19 2007, 15:40

That's lovely (sigh)...so, if I'm understanding you correctly, the Maps folder created during the installation of ToE is totally useless, since the game is not looking in the Maps folder to find h5m maps, like HoF does, but is looking at some other location to find maps that are pak files, or someth...
by Grey Pilgrim
Oct 18 2007, 19:48

Ok, this is somewhat related...forgive my ignorance, but how do you get the multiplayer maps (which appear as choices when you run the game) to appear in the ToE Maps folder (from which they can be altered to become allied games)?? I see all the map names when I play the game, but the ToE Map folder...
by Grey Pilgrim
May 31 2007, 18:32
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes of the East: interview & new screens
Replies: 75
Views: 8637

ToE: Interview & New Screens

The most disappointing item in the whole list is "no "direct IP" multiplayer game support."
by Grey Pilgrim
Apr 23 2007, 16:36
Topic: A few questions
Replies: 7
Views: 1870

Ah, never said they were "overpowered" (smile), only that a fairly potent hero can be developed...and that I'm having fun playing with the Warlock heroes right now, when I do a stand-alone map.
by Grey Pilgrim
Apr 23 2007, 16:29

I think most Warlock heroes try to make sure that opposing armies don't get to the point of having 200 archangels (smile).

Edit: And try to have some magic resistance artifacts...
by Grey Pilgrim
Apr 23 2007, 16:27
Topic: Peasants vs. Conscripts
Replies: 30
Views: 5788

Always peasants for me...only exception may be when castle is about to be attacked, and I could use a slightly better defender...
by Grey Pilgrim
Apr 23 2007, 16:12

As far as the Warlock question, I tend to keep playing the faction I played last...and since I just finished the HoF campaigns, and the last faction played was Warlock...that's what I've been playing. I really like Warlock's Luck...in combination with other skills, a pretty potent hero can be develo...
by Grey Pilgrim
Apr 23 2007, 16:08
Topic: Which version do you play (the most)?
Replies: 13
Views: 2151

2.1 for me...just finished the HoF campaigns with 2.1, and have started playing some of the stand-alones. I like the features 2.1 added, so will stay with that...until the next one (sigh)
by Grey Pilgrim
Apr 17 2007, 16:37
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Decoupling
Replies: 22
Views: 6321

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the walkthroughs, Maltz! I played all of the HoF campaigns on Hard, and had a very enjoyable time using your walkthroughs. Well written, and very helpful in some of the "tough" spots. Thanks again for all the time you spent doing them.
by Grey Pilgrim
Mar 6 2007, 17:18
Topic: Town you least like to play
Replies: 75
Views: 13978

I'll have to agree with the people who dislike the dungeon. While I've enjoyed that faction in other Heroes versions, I just haven't been able to develop a liking to them in H5. And so I play them the least. Which means I haven't taken the time to "get to know them". Which means I like them least...
by Grey Pilgrim
Feb 28 2007, 16:04
Forum: News
Topic: History of CRPGs at Gamasutra
Replies: 15
Views: 2934

History of CRPGs at Gamasutra

I keep my Apple IIe set up in a corner, just so I can go back and play the original Wizardry 1 when the mood hits. It's still addictive, even after all this time...
Edited on Wed, Feb 28 2007, 08:05 by Grey Pilgrim

Go to advanced search