Search found 17 matches

by Matt.J
08 Sep 2011, 05:50
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What exactly is this...
Replies: 7
Views: 4318

What exactly is this...

Speaking of Might and Magic (7) I recall being utterly dumbfounded regarding this picture that appears on the box:

Ideas regarding it? Or is it just promotional?
by Matt.J
05 Sep 2011, 18:01
Topic: Might & Magic X Project Status: August 2011
Replies: 37
Views: 12244

If you require any assistance on the software development front I'd be happy to contribute (I work as a systems programmer however I also have a decade or so of application development experience including game development) From what I've gleamed you're intending on reusing the game engine employed ...
by Matt.J
05 Sep 2011, 17:52
Topic: MM9 - what you don't like and what you like in it
Replies: 42
Views: 15730

I shelved the game shortly after playing for a few hours and that's all it took for me to be aware of most of the references made in this thread. [ Cons ] My first gripe with the game is the graphics; they lack detail and were quite painful to look at in comparison to previous entries in the series....
by Matt.J
09 May 2009, 07:07
Topic: [ Might & Magic VII ] Graphics
Replies: 1
Views: 1687

[ Might & Magic VII ] Graphics

I'm don't know about you guys, but I dislike the 'tinting' method applied when using video hw-acceleration in MM7; I prefer the software-rendered look where monster features appear more distinct when coloured to differentiate between monster sub-types. Unfortunately though, without hw-acceleration t...
by Matt.J
28 Jan 2009, 01:45
Topic: [ MM6 ] Technical Problem
Replies: 6
Views: 2844

That'd be great, thanks! :)

mattjay [at] hotmail.com
by Matt.J
28 Jan 2009, 00:04

The file isn't missing, it's in the same directory as the executable; as mentioned, if I replace it (mss32) with a different version the game can find it, but complains about other things.

I heard something about a 1.2b patch that fixes the problem, yet to find it though.
by Matt.J
27 Jan 2009, 22:58

[ MM6 ] Technical Problem

After installing MM6 (v1.2) I'm receiving an error when attempting to run the game, along the lines of: "Pager initialization error 2 - the system cannot find the specified file (mss32.dll)" Obviously the file can be found, due to when using a different version of it, there's other complai...
by Matt.J
26 Jan 2009, 23:23
Topic: Looking to download the M&M series?
Replies: 2
Views: 1473

Looking to download the M&M series?

Figured I'd share this, complete download (hell, it even includes the box art) for MM1-9;

Link removed

M&M is one of the only games I've ever purchased (multiple times), unfortunately I always manage to lose the disks :l
by Matt.J
16 Jan 2009, 09:31
Topic: How did you first get into Might and Magic?
Replies: 31
Views: 12499

Back in 1999, when I was 10/11, Might & Magic VII box caught my eye while I was out with my parents late night shopping -- my progress and activity with the game was very erratic as I'd keep getting stuck (it was atleast 6 months before I even got off Emerald Isle) and would get frustrated and l...
by Matt.J
13 Jan 2009, 13:25
Topic: Barrow Dawns... (Ghosts and things!)
Views: 2654

Okay so I stumbled onto this forum, I don't remember how or why lol, but to all the regulars hi there! I'm Pash. So when I found this forum it rekindled my memories of my first ever computer game, Might and Magic 7. I got this game when I moved to Canada from Russia for Christmas when I was 10, and...
by Matt.J
13 Jan 2009, 13:18
Topic: Your first MM7 party
Replies: 15
Views: 6758

Your first MM7 party

Fond memories ensue. I will never forget my first batch of party members, even their names, though it's been a good ... 9 years or so. Knight - Black haired Dwarf - "Lord Matt" Knight - Grey haired Dwarf - "King Shawn" Paladin - Deep voiced Goblin - "Master Pat" Ranger ...
by Matt.J
13 Jan 2009, 13:10
Topic: Might And Magic 7 questions/BDJ tutorials WHERE???
Replies: 14
Views: 9058

Yeah thats the nature of it lol. I dont know much of assembly my brother did but even he admits hes wayyyyyy out of pratice on it Assembly is a relatively simply language, infact I'm sure even monkies could make use of it; the problem is more-so understanding what the repercussions of what you're d...
by Matt.J
13 Jan 2009, 12:55
Topic: [ MM7 ] Erathian Sewer Key
Replies: 2
Views: 3008

[ MM7 ] Erathian Sewer Key

I'm not sure why it came to mind, but I remember it was always one thing that bugged me over the last decade of playing MM7; does this key actually have a purpose? (Found in the Strange Temple by killing some peasent with -alot- of hp IIRC)
by Matt.J
20 Nov 2008, 09:22
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: [ Heroes III ] Multiplayer Allied Battles
Replies: 1
Views: 1716

[ Heroes III ] Multiplayer Allied Battles

Hi,

Is it possible to view your allies battles when playing HoMM3 multiplayer? Gets a bit boring when long battles take place
by Matt.J
15 Nov 2008, 22:55
Topic: [ Heroes II ] TCP/IP multiplayer
Replies: 8
Views: 6293

Found the patch, installed on both systems and -still- diden't work -- I was sure it would, as "TCP/IP issues" were mentioned twice within the patch version history.

Anyone else had this problem?
by Matt.J
15 Nov 2008, 02:12

Hmm, unfortunately IPX isn't an option for WAN -- and I doubt a 1996 game would enable protocol tunneling. What confuses me is that there is absolutely no communication issue, so I feel there must be an actual problem with the game itself; are there any patches for the game? (I have version 1.0) &qu...
by Matt.J
15 Nov 2008, 01:55

[ Heroes II ] TCP/IP multiplayer

Hi, I'm attempting to play Heroes II with a friend over WAN, yet after the initial phase of "Waiting for players" and subsequently accepting my friend, both games are unresponsive and the host machine claims "Error sending data to client!" and the client a similiar message. I dis...

Go to advanced search