Search found 23 matches

by grendel99
May 29 2018, 17:57
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Succession Wars v0.8 Official Trailer
Replies: 6
Views: 1808

Re: Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Succession Wars v0.8 Official Trailer

I hope they make another post when it's actually released. Can't wait!
by grendel99
Jan 5 2017, 16:49
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Should I buy Heroes VII?
Replies: 18
Views: 6540

Re: Should I buy Heroes VII?

I just started playing it for the first time since the beta, 2 newborns sucked up my life since then! I was very surprised, enjoy the single player maps a lot. The map designs are original and feature a great many eye candies. The main issues are in the AI. I really feel that if this had one more ex...
by grendel99
Nov 20 2014, 16:37
Topic: H7: Wizards Armies
Replies: 7
Views: 2604

H7: Wizards Armies

Well the Wizards did create Harpies in Ashan. So maybe they used that design for the gargoyles they bring to life. Art depicts life in Ashan.
by grendel99
Sep 12 2014, 16:47
Topic: The Elves Have It
Replies: 15
Views: 3130

The Elves Have It

A new voting option is on the site, vote for the Sylvan unit combos as well as a new screenshot for the Treant. Check it out: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... an-line-up
by grendel99
Sep 12 2014, 0:29
Topic: The Elves Have It
Replies: 15
Views: 3130

The Elves Have It

I saw the poll change to "closed" and the border around Sylvan light up. Then everything stopped working, been slow or down ever since for me.
by grendel99
Aug 13 2014, 23:45
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 12268

Heroes VII Announced

After visiting the site and hearing what JSE mentioned below I am uber excited! The art direction of the humans looks tougher. The game play is reverting back to the good ol'days and Limbic did a great job with what they were given for the other M&M games... So far it's working out great, can't wait...
by grendel99
Aug 13 2014, 13:21
Topic: Heroes VII Announced
Replies: 68
Views: 12268

Heroes VII Announced

They now have 8 units, maybe they needed the Direwolf to fill the gap?
by grendel99
Aug 13 2014, 12:21
Topic: GamesCom: Upcoming News
Replies: 35
Views: 10882

GamesCom: Upcoming News

This link works better for me: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog 6 races total, 2 to be voted on. Love the new style for the human units, no more neo Roman!
by grendel99
Aug 9 2014, 16:13
Topic: GamesCom: Upcoming News
Replies: 35
Views: 10882

GamesCom: Upcoming News

Well I'm excited :P Each new attempt is the possibility of them getting it right! Heroes 5 was close but the graphics and design just weren't right. Heroes 6 was better with graphics but they got rid of all the classic gameplay that made it great. Maybe they'll mix the two this time and it will be p...
by grendel99
Nov 19 2012, 1:46
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Dynasty Hero Choices
Replies: 2
Views: 1152

Dynasty Hero Choices

Would sweat symbolize the heroes that were never very good but tried really hard?
by grendel99
Jun 27 2012, 22:11
Topic: New Hewoes
Replies: 5
Views: 1519

New Hewoes

If they add a wizard hero maybe they'll add a wizard race? Idk, this game is dead to me until I get wizards and elves...shame too because the art direction was so promising.
by grendel99
Sep 24 2011, 16:45
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Chinese Deluxe Edition
Replies: 11
Views: 2386

Chinese Deluxe Edition

This is like a tease! I can see it, I know its out there, but I can never have it! :(
by grendel99
Dec 21 2010, 17:19
Topic: Stronghold Revealed
Replies: 48
Views: 6819

Stronghold Revealed

Ya, it appears the harpy images I was going on were from Medieval times up to 18th century...You win this battle Thunder! *shakes fist* I think the art direction they took is more believable as a real creature, which may be why the more modern pictures are more similar. I love the jungle terrain as ...
by grendel99
Dec 18 2010, 2:14

Stronghold Revealed

Ya, that first one was to show a siren, in the nude, the harpy tomb one was to show a harpy. That was confusing, heres the link to the harpy. At least its good that after 6 iterations, people still feel strongly about heroes :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tomb_of_Kybernis.jpg Edited on Fri, De...
by grendel99
Dec 17 2010, 17:59

Stronghold Revealed

They have bird feet that are larger to fit the size of the beast, thats how bird feet look. Maybe thats why Jurassic Park had dinosaurs turning into birds. And referring to heroes 3, the differences are color, and curved back, thats it. The harpy was human from head to crotch, and bird arms and feet...
by grendel99
Dec 17 2010, 17:11

Stronghold Revealed

Dunno Why it added it 3 times after I made one edit...

Multiple posts deleted. -- QQD
by grendel99
Dec 17 2010, 17:08

Stronghold Revealed

History lesson time! When Homer wrote of sirens he was actually getting their image from the older harpy myth, he just made them beautiful, where as the harpy was ugly. If you look at ancient Greek sculptures, they are mostly in the nude, that is reflected in their pictures as well. While I have yet...
by grendel99
Dec 17 2010, 15:50

Stronghold Revealed

"Hint: that's about 1500 years too late. " Wheres my roll your eyes emoticon...Thanks for "harping" on word choice, I stand corrected, change out middle ages for ancient, cus they still look similar.. Anyways, new pics are out..showing more of the units, unfortunately they seem more orc like then I ...
by grendel99
Dec 16 2010, 15:17

Stronghold Revealed

Harpies have no set appearance, but historically they look very much like that! In the medieval pictures I've seen of them they are all bare chested, at least UBI gave them some modesty :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpy
by grendel99
Dec 16 2010, 2:26

Stronghold Revealed

I love this, really was not expecting it, but love it! It is sad to say though because my two favorite factions are mages and elves, but this is great and hopefully they'll show up in an expansion. I am really happy their moving more towards the theme towns of classic HOMM, vs the race towns. There ...

Go to advanced search