Search found 10 matches

by VMmage
Dec 8 2019, 18:54
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft release Era of Chaos worldwide
Replies: 5
Views: 2259

Re: Ubisoft release Era of Chaos worldwide

It's a big download - 737MB from the Google Play store. I installed it on my 10-inch Samsung tablet. I completed Chapters 1 and 2, plus enough of Chapter 3 to access the Underground. As I suspected, there's nothing compelling about the game. It's not terrible, but it's not worth my time. Strategy is...
by VMmage
Nov 4 2019, 0:06
Topic: Might and Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos
Replies: 11
Views: 3903

Re: Might and Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos

First Strike: small screen Probable Second Strike: clunky user interface (I haven't seen it yet, but most mobile games suffer in the UI department) Even More Probable Third Strike: virtually no strategic elements (again, haven't seen it, but I haven't seen a single mobile game with good strategy com...
by VMmage
Jun 20 2016, 0:46
Topic: H7 Expansion Post-poned
Replies: 8
Views: 3297

Re: H7 Expansion Post-poned

Doesn't matter to me... I didn't purchase HOMM VI in any form, and don't plan to purchase HOMM VII in any form, either, so if they need more time to work on the expansion (be that days, weeks, months or years), they should take the time to TRY to get it right.
by VMmage
Nov 1 2015, 0:34
Topic: Patch 1.3 Coming
Replies: 13
Views: 3264

Re: Patch 1.3 Coming

I purchased HOMM I through V, have so far skipped on VI and VII. You can probably guess why... The "release long before it's ready" is likely to get worse over the next few years, since the mantra from the software development houses today is "Agile" and "Minimum Viable Prod...
by VMmage
Apr 9 2015, 22:42
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Ivan the Terrible
Replies: 17
Views: 2955

Ivan the Terrible

Perhaps Ivan "breaks wind" like a war horse to get that cape flapping?
by VMmage
Oct 12 2014, 1:32
Topic: Hereos Online : The game is now available.
Replies: 26
Views: 7780

Heroes Online : The game is now available.

I'm up to level 15 now, and I'm liking the game more than I had expected. I'm playing a Haven Might hero, and if you play for quests/campaigns, the second and third chapters are for you -- quest upon quest, each trying to build on the story line. I'm still holding the "Free To Play" line, and Hero S...
by VMmage
Oct 2 2014, 3:27
Topic: Hereos Online : The game is now available.
Replies: 26
Views: 7780

Heroes Online : The game is now available.

I played the game yesterday and today, reached level 6. I'm sticking with "Free To Play", and the limitations of playing this way show up almost immediately. I expect I'll give it a few more days so that I can get a better feel for the game, but I don't expect to stick with it over the long haul. Th...
by VMmage
Sep 13 2014, 0:52
Topic: Gamers: 50% Buy On Sale Only
Replies: 5
Views: 2006

Gamers: 50% Buy On Sale Only

I used to buy retail games, often on sale, sometimes at full price. Today, I buy *NOTHING* at full price. I still haven't purchased Heroes 6, I can wait for it to come to Good Old Games (if it never does, I'm OK with that, too). I expect the same will be true for Heroes 7 (unless a family member dec...
by VMmage
Aug 10 2013, 22:46
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Might and Magic Heroes Online Test Phase
Replies: 1
Views: 1889

Might and Magic Heroes Online Test Phase

I got an invite to the Might And Magic Heroes Online Test Phase on Thursday, August 8, 2013, from Ubisoft, which is nice, but I'm way too busy to put any time into play-testing for the forseeable future. If you're interested in trying the game, I'd be happy to forward the e-mail I received to someon...
by VMmage
Oct 1 2008, 3:02
Forum: Articles
Topic:
Replies: 92
Views: 37430

Yes, patch 3.1 fixed our little "cheat" to avoid the mini-boss fights, as documented in the README: "- fixed interface actions not blocked properly on enemy turns and while playing scripted scenes" So, you can uninstall/reinstall the game to go back to patch level 3.0 so that you can stop Kujin, or ...

Go to advanced search