Search found 19 matches

by Darkion
02 Aug 2015, 03:49
Forum: News
Topic: Downtime Monday 20.7
Replies: 43
Views: 15749

Re: Downtime Monday 20.7

Will the main site keep the same url or will it be something else?
by Darkion
07 Oct 2006, 08:25
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Luna Evolution
Replies: 17
Views: 6945

Voted for the H2 one, at least she had some resemblance to the original from H1 and the Might and Magic games. While I liked the H3 Elementalist, I always felt like she wasn't "really" Luna, didn't look like her and wasn't a Sorceress any longer. I hated the H4 version even more...
by Darkion
03 Oct 2006, 16:25
Topic: Heroes at the Crossroads
Replies: 31
Views: 10152

Heroes at the Crossroads

At the moment the main thing I want is for them to finish tinkering with the H5 game and to issue a final patch.
by Darkion
30 Sep 2006, 19:26
Topic: Downloadable HEroes of Might and Magic II Gold
Replies: 20
Views: 9079

Not if the owner didn't want you to have it and sht. And modding is illegal according to the EULA anyway. Hmm, that's a bummer. I was thinking of just using some of the HOMM III music files since they're already in the same 3DO folder. Anyway, I think these online stores should be more upfront with...
by Darkion
30 Sep 2006, 15:27

ThunderTitan wrote: But wouldn't that be illegal?!
Uh, how could it be illegal? Adding music content to a legit game would be just a form of modding... or do you mean something else?
by Darkion
29 Sep 2006, 22:46

but I am wondering if the background music should be constant or not... Unfortunately, it seems the music files are not included in the downloadable version. The regular sounds effects are in, but there is no music in the adventure map or the town screens. It's not so much of a bother in Homm I, bu...
by Darkion
28 Sep 2006, 16:17
Topic: Lich Evolution
Replies: 48
Views: 27205

Voted for H3 Power Lich. I always liked the look of chain armor and how it showed there were some bony legs under it when the Lich walked, plus the staff was great looking also.

The HV Liches look like they're going to the prom...
by Darkion
21 Sep 2006, 06:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Which sea neutral monsters are necessary in game?
Replies: 15
Views: 8069

DaemianLucifer wrote:Also,why isnt there a mutated gaint whale in the list?That thing would win for sure :devious:
That would be the Leviathan (choice #3)

Hmm, DL, how come your post count seems to decrease at random intervals? It's showing you at 5 at the moment. Weird...
by Darkion
21 Sep 2006, 06:39
Topic: Which sea neutral monsters are necessary in game?
Replies: 15
Views: 8069

Well, for me it goes like this: Kraken/Giant Squid - Having one big one (or two) as some sort of "boss" enemy would be okay, but not a sea populated by them. Giant Crustaceans, Sea Turtles - Uh, no thanks... Sea Humanoids - Maybe if they were underwater, but mermaids hoping around on their...
by Darkion
19 Sep 2006, 21:19
Topic: where are the maps?
Replies: 25
Views: 28842

Re: where are the maps?

soupnazii wrote:what map?
Look in here:

viewtopic.php?t=3850
by Darkion
19 Sep 2006, 16:05
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 51311

If you are speaking about finding objects on the adventure map I would recommend selecting "classic homm view" from the graphics options menu. Also, pressing 'alt' (as of 1.3) causes interactive objects (resources, dwellings) to glow even if they are behind things. Thanks for the informat...
by Darkion
19 Sep 2006, 15:56

Well... if neither grafics nor gameplay are enjoyable... then it's really a mediocre game... :( I think that it's really difficult for a game to be universally liked, what might be seen as great for a bunch of people might really turn some other players off. There are many gamers that like the game...
by Darkion
19 Sep 2006, 15:22

okrane wrote:I think we all agree that the graphics are great.
No, not everyone likes the graphics or their impact on gameplay.
by Darkion
18 Sep 2006, 20:47
Topic: Sea neutral Monsters at the Ashan ocean
Replies: 42
Views: 17999

*chough* D&D *chough* That sounds nasty... kind of like a cough and a choke...heh Anyway... Voted for sea creatures, I feel that having more to do at sea is always a nice change. That is one of the few things I miss from Homm IV, in previous versions I rarely cared for seafaring maps because th...
by Darkion
18 Sep 2006, 18:07
Topic: An interesting flashback
Views: 46955

I have played all HoMM games by order. Is there anyone who found H1 "better" than H2? I found Heroes 1 to be fun, sadly I can't play it at the moment because of some weird glitch that crashes the game anytime that combat is engaged and there are gargoyles in the battle (probably sound rel...
by Darkion
18 Sep 2006, 05:06
Topic: An interesting flashback
Views: 46955

Unfortunately, I had to vote No. I really tried to get into the game several times but I just don't like the campaign heroes or the storyline, something that never happened with any of the previous installments in the series. The individual maps they included didn't grab my attention either, maybe I...
by Darkion
17 Sep 2006, 03:48
Topic: New Maps: Circle Sea, Elven Lord
Replies: 14
Views: 10137

New Maps: Circle Sea, Elven Lord

It goes into the Maps folder. Try launching the Map Editor first and opening the map from there, that works fine for me. It looks like double-clicking the map itself messes things up.
by Darkion
09 Sep 2006, 02:59
Topic: A word from Geary Gravel
Replies: 2
Views: 12831

A word from Geary Gravel

So that's what happened! I really enjoyed the first two books and often wondered how I could have neglected buying the third one.
by Darkion
10 Feb 2006, 15:53
Forum: Articles
Topic: Academy Heroes
Replies: 45
Views: 18124

Academy Heroes

Well it's nice seeing Astral again...oops, I mean Cyrus... ;)

Go to advanced search