Search found 12 matches

by ahoover
12 Mar 2009, 20:15
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: So who is "Menelag"?
Replies: 5
Views: 4477

I didn't even realize that Dark Messiah was connected in any way to Heroes V. Interesting.
by ahoover
10 Mar 2009, 23:35
Topic: So who is "Menelag"?
Replies: 5
Views: 4477

So who is "Menelag"?

I just completed the Necro campaign in Tribes of the East, and I don't ever remember ever finding out who this wizard was. I thought he was a demon worshipper that I would eventually kill. His name was dropped quite a bit in Missions 1 and 2, and then I never heard about him again. I thought he woul...
by ahoover
09 Mar 2009, 01:31
Topic: Question on earning EXP
Replies: 10
Views: 4646

Barely reached it on Mission 1 w/ Ornella. Cleared the whole map of neutrals. Easily reached it on Mission 2 w/ Arantir, but then only reached it with Arantir on Mission 3; couldn't reach it with Ornella. Looks like only Arantir will reach the level cap on Mission 4 as well.
by ahoover
08 Mar 2009, 00:32

Phoenix Reborn and Corlagon, thanks for the info. Not sure why these missions are like this, I just found it somewhat irritating. Thanks for the offer, Corlagon, but I am on Mission 3 now so it is no longer a big deal since me heroes are now at decent levels. Wonder why this campaign is designed wit...
by ahoover
07 Mar 2009, 17:10

No, Quroq starts with only Advanced Bloodrage, no enlightenment. So that isn't it.
by ahoover
05 Mar 2009, 23:22

I've narrowed it down somewhat. I am earning experience normally in the prologue orc mission, but then once I get to the Necro campaign my experience earned after every battle is significantly reduced. So far I have tested it in Missions 1-3 and it is the same problem in every mission. Has no one el...
by ahoover
04 Mar 2009, 22:12

Question on earning EXP

I am currently playing the first mission of the Necro campaign in ToE. I have been using Ornella excusively for my battles, and I am noticing that the amount of experience I am earning after each victory seems incredibly low. I just took out 42 Succubi and 90 Horned Demons in a single battle and I e...
by ahoover
13 Feb 2009, 06:09
Topic: Wondering if anyone can help me...
Replies: 3
Views: 1596

Well, I hadn't run into any problems with it until now, although this isn't really a "problem" so much as a preference, but you may be right. The mod has seemingly eliminated the night on this map for some reason. I am computer illiterate when it comes to scripting with mods/maps, so if I ...
by ahoover
13 Feb 2009, 05:19
Topic: Wondering if anyone can help me...
Replies: 3
Views: 1596

Wondering if anyone can help me...

I am currently replaying Heroes V, but I am using the ToE mod which lets me replay all the original game and Hammers of Fate campaign missions within the Tribes of the East, letting me utilize all the new creatures, artifacts, etc. that were most recently added. It has been a lot of fun thus far, th...
by ahoover
06 Feb 2009, 03:52
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Warlock → The Cultists
Replies: 30
Views: 33940

The Warlock → The Cultists

A skill that not many have mentioned that REALLY helps on this map is logistics. If Raelag and/or Shadya have expert logistics, defending the main 'island' is far easier. It also allows Raelag to hit blue quickly at the beginning of the map instead of waiting until later when the AI's heroes will ha...
by ahoover
06 Feb 2009, 03:40
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Necromancer → The Invasion
Replies: 54
Views: 37855

The Necromancer → The Invasion

Just an extra bit of advice for this map- you should definitely not take too much time making your way to Al Safir, at least not on Hard or Heroic. Creatures are piling up in this town throughout the scenario and will eventually be given to one of Orange's elite heroes. If this happens, it will be e...
by ahoover
03 Jul 2008, 15:26
Topic: Could someone explain some alt. upgrades?
Replies: 8
Views: 3917

Could someone explain some alt. upgrades?

1. Master Hunter vs. Arcane Archer- Ok, I have always loved the Master Hunters and considered them the best lv. 3 creature out there, so naturally I find it hard to say goodbye to them in favor of the Arcane Archer. However, with No Range Penalty I find myself asking if the Archers are a slightly be...

Go to advanced search