Search found 85 matches

by val-gaav
03 Oct 2012, 06:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Patch 1.7.1 bugs - REPORT bugs here
Replies: 14
Views: 11826

- 2 players. Window with information on what was done in current /previous turn (left - top corner of the screen) shows info from both players sometimes. I don't know if it is intended but it clearly shows progress of the other player (taking mines, towns etc.) and IMHO it is an super thieves guild ...
by val-gaav
01 Aug 2012, 13:03
Topic: can Heroes even survive?
Replies: 19
Views: 13077

Best Heroes V version is 3.x (i.e ToE expansion + all updates). Oh ... sorry a typo indeed... I meant heroes VI . As for ToE I don't think it was the best addon. Towns both barb and dwarves were unbalanced and overpowered, so I would prefer to play this game patched but without addons. On that note...
by val-gaav
31 Jul 2012, 10:34
Topic: can Heroes even survive?
Views: 13077

Re: can Heroes even survive?

word from on old time guy like me : After starting the demo of HVI (about year ago) I played it for 4 turns and left the game as it was obviouslly unfinished. Now after 1.5 patch with my friend we played 3 hot seats games. I know it might be not much but from the looks of it I like the game and it s...
by val-gaav
13 Jul 2012, 07:59
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.5 and Pirates Launched
Replies: 21
Views: 12946

Patch 1.5 and Pirates Launched

@Campaigner:

So Czech, Hungarian and Korea are not a small country ? Well those are not bigger then Poland FYI.

You are racist, and I hope one day you will have to play Heroes yourself in an language you do not know.
by val-gaav
21 May 2009, 13:46
Topic: Heroes I on GOG for $5.99
Views: 8099

Heroes I on GOG for $5.99

For 5$ I can buy HoMMIII with all addons ... Why should I overpay for HoMMI ? A game so old I wouldn't consider downloading it for free ?
by val-gaav
08 Apr 2009, 08:27
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: OpenHeroes (VCMI + Horn of the Abyss + ? )
Replies: 0
Views: 7707

OpenHeroes (VCMI + Horn of the Abyss + ? )

I already posted in heroes community: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=29511 but I may repost it here too as I want to reach to people with this idea : What I'm proposing here is mainly for HoTA devs to consider, but who knows maybe someone else will be interested too ? . HoTA seems li...
by val-gaav
03 Dec 2008, 11:19
Topic: Heroes V Expansions on a Mac
Replies: 15
Views: 8808

Heroes V Expansions on a Mac

Wow so to run an addon on mac Celestialheavens suggest the poor mac users who already spent a lot of cash on their mac (way more then they would spent on a PC) to take some extra cash buy a windows copy, then buy a virtualisation software for it, then buy the windows addon... It just sucks IMHO :) I...
by val-gaav
19 Jun 2007, 17:01
Topic: Fortress Alternate Upgrades
Replies: 52
Views: 35194

loran16 wrote:Umm translations anyone?
here :
link]
by val-gaav
05 Mar 2007, 12:11
Topic: Patch does not install in Vista.
Replies: 17
Views: 6790

what's wrong with free operating systems? Problem with Linux and other open-source Os is the fact that most of users are not programers and are unable to tweak the system for their own wishes. Linux is good if you know programming, but an totally un-wise choice if you are a normal user. And a norma...
by val-gaav
03 Mar 2007, 03:01
Topic: Patch does not install in Vista.
Replies: 17
Views: 6790

So far my experience with Vista tells me this: And to that guy promoting "badvista" site --> only real competition for Vista OS to any decent developer is WinXP , not any free OS for sure. Sure ..... You can make windows games and aps under GNU/linux you know that ? You do not need window...
by val-gaav
28 Jan 2007, 13:05
Topic: Necromany changes in 2.1 (take a seat: you'll need it)
Replies: 81
Views: 48698

Jolly Joker wrote: Just don't know what will raise a wight or wraith, yet.
Maybe some non dragon 7 level ???like Archdevils, Angels, Titans ?
by val-gaav
28 Jan 2007, 11:22

Thanks for the reply .... I like the changes they give more strategy to this game (palnning on how to use up the DE in this week, what to fight etc.).... As for nerf ... well It is a nerf, though mark of necromancer gives some nice mana for raise dead spell :) but the fact is just looking at numbers...
by val-gaav
28 Jan 2007, 10:20

One question JJ .... If I fight with Horned Overseers will I be ofered a choice of raising zombies from them or will it just happen .... I'm asking because it's pretty important for somebody who does not want to spend DE on zombies ...... Are we given a choice ? BTW if necromancy is so nerfed then a...
by val-gaav
26 Jan 2007, 23:58
Topic: Patches 1.41 & 2.1 Monday
Replies: 16
Views: 6649

Patches 1.41 & 2.1 Monday

Joly-Joker posted some time ago on this forums what the chaneg will be : -necro - they will have a weekly limit for skeleton raised .... As for numbers I dunno... -Haven - they will have a weekly limit for training ... this limit will be only 7 units ! ... Limit will increase a bit with one special ...
by val-gaav
24 Jan 2007, 09:26
Topic: Town you least like to play
Replies: 75
Views: 21265

Re: Town you least like to play

Well there is only one town I do not LIKE to play and it's academy .... It just does not belong well to heroes5 with the one race theme .... Academy is a gathering of random creatures, and it makes one wonder why those all creatures live with mages in one town .... It would be so much better if we g...
by val-gaav
22 Jan 2007, 14:28
Topic: Worst race in Heroes 5
Replies: 94
Views: 45822

No, I don't think it is either necessary nor even possible to balance the game for a much broader spectrum. Since MP needs time the majority of MP players will voluntarily settle for smaller maps with less towns because you want to finish games; big maps with many towns have Biiiig save files and t...
by val-gaav
22 Jan 2007, 13:26

For the record, for MP games I would advise either strict random hero playing or a veto-right for each player against one specific hero of the opponent's alignment.. Well IMHO this should not be this way ... the game should be balanced so that there should be no so called "MP rules" .... ...
by val-gaav
22 Jan 2007, 11:44
Topic: Dwarven Strategy (work in progress)
Replies: 30
Views: 17780

Well the funny part is that I would go totaly in the opposite way with the dwarves ... War machines + balista + runic machines is one of the best combo you can get with them, because it allows to go through map with just level 1 units with you .. the huge bonus to ballista initiative is a very nice ...
by val-gaav
22 Jan 2007, 11:03

The only thing that was generally agreed upon to be wrong was the chance to rush with hordes of Archers or marksmen early in the game, which has been corrected. . Well I find that the upgrade to paladins is even more game breaking on big maps with several towns, becouse there you can have +6 cavali...
by val-gaav
21 Jan 2007, 12:03
Topic: Will H-V run on Windows Vista?
Replies: 52
Views: 18086

it costs too much? how dare microsoft try to make money for something its spent time developing Yeah how dare they ... you obviously do not see the problem the the price is a bit too much ..... Also while there are good free alternatives like GNU/Linux FreeBSD.... good question why pay so much mone...

Go to advanced search