Search found 47 matches

by HMMFan
27 Aug 2007, 20:36
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Ascension to the Throne - Anyone in Germany play this game
Replies: 0
Views: 1769

Ascension to the Throne - Anyone in Germany play this game

Anyone in Germany play this game yet? It hasn't been released in the States yet, but it is a TBS game. Can anyone advise how good the game is? For the H4 fans, the hero is on the battle field. Here is a link to the publisher's site with screen shots and a movie: http://int.games.1c.ru/attt/ Gamespot...
by HMMFan
13 Dec 2006, 23:10
Forum: News
Topic: Eurogamer Reviews HoF
Replies: 26
Views: 6843

Eurogamer Reviews HoF

lol.. DL...I have noticed that you are playing the usual yin to everyone else's yang. Feel free to disagree....which you will! And oh, I understood him perfectly, and did not misunderstand him. And, as usual, you missed my point. My comment is concerning the nature of "fun." In fact, I did...
by HMMFan
13 Dec 2006, 19:10
Topic: Eurogamer Reviews HoF
Replies: 26
Views: 6843

Eurogamer Reviews HoF

FANTASTIC REVIEW!! chuckle It does bring to mind the wide variance in the definition of "fun." For example, take this quote from the article: "It just lacks any form of tension. The second you enter a battle screen, for the vast majority of conflicts, you know the result. Either you'r...
by HMMFan
23 Nov 2006, 07:17
Topic: Hammers of Fate Review at GameSpot
Replies: 56
Views: 15032

Hammers Review at GameSpot

LOL..As usual, I disagree with you completely, DM. Slogging through a map..The beauty of Heroes is that you can choose to slog throug amap or not...your choice. However, this reviewer did not distinguish between maps. I find it amusing that you give credit to Nival's map design in H5 while managing ...
by HMMFan
23 Nov 2006, 05:56
Topic: Hammers of Fate Review at GameSpot
Replies: 56
Views: 15032

Hammers Review at GameSpot

Truly an example of unprincipled muddled writing. In nearly every sentence/paragraph, the reviewer contradicts himself. "The dwarves themselves offer some neat new units like the bear rider and the magma dragon, but they lack any sort of hook to make them play in a markedly different manner tha...
by HMMFan
15 Nov 2006, 02:12
Topic: Fabrice Q&A - the Expansion and the Future
Replies: 217
Views: 36932

Q&A: the Expansion and the Future

Echo chamber, Sir Charles, echo chamber.... it won't do any good.
by HMMFan
12 Nov 2006, 01:21
Topic: Fabrice Q&A - the Expansion and the Future
Replies: 217
Views: 36932

Fabrice Q&A - the Expansion and the Future

Hmm, I actually have given up on this "fansite" as the most frequent posters are basically living in an echo chamber enjoying making and hearing confirmation of their personal gripes about the game. I think, Sir Charles, you should just give up and move on to more friendly locales. Either ...
by HMMFan
25 Oct 2006, 18:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How will simultaneous turns work?
Replies: 15
Views: 4471

Most probably similar to the system in Age of Wonders 2, where the first to click was the first to move in the simultaneous round. In other words, if I clicked quickly enough, my army could move and intercept the enemy army before that player/AI could move the army away. It is not exactly RTS, but y...
by HMMFan
14 Aug 2006, 05:17
Topic: Warlock campaign - mission 2
Replies: 2
Views: 1519

Thanks, found it with that tip. I appreciate the help.
by HMMFan
14 Aug 2006, 04:57
Topic: Warlock campaign - mission 2
Replies: 2
Views: 1519

Warlock campaign - mission 2

okay, I feel dumb, but I can;t for the life of me find the tear of asha. i have the map beat and have the puzzle map completely clearn, but i have no idea where that location is. Cananyone give me a more specific clue, e.g. some nearby lcoator?
by HMMFan
13 Jun 2006, 14:32
Topic: My H5-rant\whine (long post)
Replies: 126
Views: 37843

In turn, when it comes time for Heroes 6, the posters remaining at CH will be mostly H5 fans. I missed this... what an odd statement :| Not really. Unless Equilibris continues to "support" H4, it'll be a very old game when H6 arrives. People quit boards, for one reason or another, and the...
by HMMFan
13 Jun 2006, 01:11

Sigh

I was very careful not to make any "judgments" upon the merits of H4 in making my post. I merely stated that Ubi made the decision to use H3 as the template to base the game on. Whether you deem that to be a good decision or not, that is up to you, and I do not want to get drawn into that ...
by HMMFan
12 Jun 2006, 23:36

Just don't udnerstand what you claim I am saying....

You know, you are just not reading carefully. Here is what I wrote, "...but from a business perspective, you can look at it as the option between attempting to resolve game designs made in Heroes 4 that resulted in a game that did not sell well enough for a more conservative approach building u...
by HMMFan
12 Jun 2006, 22:56

Re: My Take

This is a fair response. After all, you can decide not to like H5 because of at least 2 reasons, one of which being the failure to implement H4 ideas, and the second being poor implementation of the game, or combination of both. However, my point was that in the decision to go down the H3 route, Ubi...
by HMMFan
12 Jun 2006, 22:39

Well, I am quite confused about the point you are making, but whatever. My statement was that the business guys had to make an initial decision - build off of H4 which did not do well (or well enough), or build off of H3 that did. My point was that you made it sound like H4 failed because of the di...
by HMMFan
12 Jun 2006, 21:55

Your statement made it sound as if the game failed solely because of the changes from H3. Considering the state it was in when first released I seriously doubt that. And just because the game didn't sell enough they're justified in not using anything from it, not even the bloody extra buttons it had...
by HMMFan
12 Jun 2006, 20:40

It is unfortunate in some way, but from a business perspective, you can look at it as the option between attempting to resolve game designs made in Heroes 4 that resulted in a game that did not sell well enough for a more conservative approach building upon a wildly successful game and making itera...
by HMMFan
12 Jun 2006, 17:56

My Take

Well, so far, I have to disagree with Ethric's review and many who have agreed with him. But I disagree in this way...I like the game. I personally enjoy it and am not bored yet. Are there problems? Of course. I am hoping that the patches over the next couple of months will fix the nits that people ...
by HMMFan
06 Jun 2006, 17:18
Topic: I was right!
Replies: 41
Views: 13221

<chuckle> Well, the original poster is not "right" about anything. He also isn't wrong either. More accurately, he feels that the final product merely confirms his initial opinion of the game. As opinions go, he is free to have them, but they don't apply to me, nor do I share his opinion o...
by HMMFan
24 May 2006, 09:17
Topic: Always Look On the Bright Side...
Replies: 18
Views: 6088

wow...thank goodness

Quite honestly, I was beginning to skim the CH forums with some degree of bemusement as the same people bagged on each and every aspect of the game. Thanks for the good post which contains positive impressions concerning objective elements of the fame.

Go to advanced search