Search found 22 matches

by niteshade6
31 May 2006, 04:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Inferno Campaign, Map 3: The Conquest
Replies: 62
Views: 28202

I had to use some alternate tactics on hard level as well. In my games he always seemed to get a huge army really early by recruiting the neutral elves. 100+ master hunters and 200+ sprites and blade dancers when i first saw him on week 3 was common. He would also always get the frenzy scroll before...
by niteshade6
27 May 2006, 01:04
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpy Review Now Online
Replies: 24
Views: 8419

GameSpy Review Now Online

number of maps doesn't bother me, H3 didn't have a lot of maps at first either and the ones they had were usually pretty boring. I'll take quality over quanitity any day....and in that area H5 comes out way ahead. A cheating AI is annoying, but neither game had sufficient AI to make it worth playing...
by niteshade6
26 May 2006, 21:24
Topic: GameSpy Review Now Online
Replies: 24
Views: 8419

GameSpy Review Now Online

I'm a huge Heroes 3 fan. But one of the things I find myself needing to remember is that I actually had mixed feelings about Heroes 3 when it first came out. The original campaigns were uninspired, easy and in many cases boring. The AI wasn't good enough to bother playing multiplayer boards against....
by niteshade6
17 May 2006, 07:39
Forum: Articles
Topic: Demo Map Reviews
Replies: 10
Views: 4936

Demo Map Reviews

I actually was able to beat falcon's last flight on hard without resorting to anything too wierd or cheesy. I even did it while sieging their castle. You just have to make sure you use every possible advantage, including the artifiact merchant in the NW. Your hero will gain a lot of levels too, so p...
by niteshade6
21 Apr 2006, 21:39
Topic: Effects of enemy spells...and right click & mouse over
Replies: 42
Views: 11067

I can deal with not having tool tips for spells that are effecting your guys. After all it's not that hard to remember what they do or check the stats of your troop. What does annoy me though is the lack of real info in the spell descriptions. I'd like to know how much vulnerability reduces defence ...
by niteshade6
18 Apr 2006, 20:22
Topic: Do i really suck so much?
Views: 15827

Regarding the AI, I suspect that he is yet another custom AI. He seems to be setup to only defend and nip out to grab resources and never to attack. Kind of like how some of the heroes in the campaign have specific goals they try to do to the exclusion of all else. He was even pretty cautious about ...
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 21:26
Topic: The first scenario
Replies: 32
Views: 11852

Yeah you lose the game if you don't free Isabel by the end of week 1. On occasions when I freed her early it did not seem to make the enemy come any sooner, but I could be wrong about that. It may be just on a timer. And yeah the major heroes who come and attack your city in campaign 1 are goal orie...
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 19:23
Topic: Hero specializations in H5
Replies: 22
Views: 7689

Are you sure it's the special ability that is responsible and not just that the unit is really strong?
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 19:20
Topic: How do you beat the Inferno Campaign Map?
Views: 16561

Seemed like I had a significant movement penalty underground as well. I definetely was not moving as far as it seemed like I should. Could be just my imagination I guess.
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 17:34
Topic: How do you beat the Inferno Campaign Map?
Views: 16561

To get back to the original topic, be sure to grab the boots of speed in the beginning and be sure to take logistics every time it's offered (pathfinding may help underground too, I'm not sure). Also stop by the stables along the way. The final thing to be careful about is when you use the monolith ...
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 16:40

Yeah it seems there are 2 types of enemy hero in the campaign. The "normal" enemy hero just does what he feels like, capturing resources, hunting down weak heroes, and otherwise acting like we would expect. The "goal oriented" enemy hero has one goal and pursues it to the exclusi...
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 16:34
Topic: Tips for the Demo Maps
Replies: 14
Views: 5188

Tips for the Demo Maps

Probably the most important thing to grab on the Inferno campaign (other then speed boosters) are the neutral stacks of cerebi. They give your army the biggest boost you will get on that map. quick detours for easy experience are worthwhile too. Experience can give you the logistics skill. Just don'...
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 06:09
Topic: Heroes in combat charge attacks enemies behind walls..
Replies: 49
Views: 16876

Well essentially all the heroes have ranged attacks, it's just the haven hero has a cool graphic that shows him doing a ride by attack instead of shooting. I don't think the game designers want to penalize him for this by giving him a major drawback (not being able to attack through walls). If you t...
by niteshade6
17 Apr 2006, 05:36

Managed to beat the first scenario on hard, but it was definetely challenging. I had to go back to previous saves on a number of occasions. The key to surviving the first attack on hard appears to be keeping as many troops alive as you can, transfering your troops to the queen, fortifying up to max ...
by niteshade6
30 Jan 2006, 22:34
Forum: Articles
Topic: Statistics of All Creatures
Replies: 38
Views: 13659

Creature Statistics

It would be nice to see the special abilities the monsters have as well
by niteshade6
30 Jan 2006, 15:56
Topic: News Supression Pact
Replies: 128
Views: 37200

Hmm....I was all for the intitial petition and push to delay the game. But I think this is going too far, too fast. Especially given the news that H5 is already being delayed past what was originally announced, and no new release date has been set. You should at least give them some time to let you ...
by niteshade6
28 Jan 2006, 01:25
Topic: What's the point of this beta?
Replies: 18
Views: 11277

Well traditionally when you release an open beta with no NDA....you do want it to be a pretty finished product . Usually this type of thing is reserved for the very final stages of testing. I'm a bit unclear on exactly what they hoped to accomplish here as well. They probably picked the worst format...
by niteshade6
27 Jan 2006, 15:39
Topic: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here
Replies: 90
Views: 40795

I definetely liked the game, but I felt that being forced into multiplayer prevented me from testing it all that much. I couldn't really take the time to experiment and play around with things, and inevitably before too long my opponent disconnected and I won. Ultimately my final impression was of g...
by niteshade6
27 Jan 2006, 11:53
Topic: Heroes V skills/abilities
Replies: 25
Views: 12617

While it is cool in some cases that different heroes have different requirements, in many cases it just seems a bit random and arbitrary. It seems like it will be hard enough to keep track of what your requirements are even without that.
by niteshade6
26 Jan 2006, 15:54
Topic: Heroes V skills/abilities
Replies: 25
Views: 12617

How do the subskills that are part of the main skills (ie pathfinding in logstics) work? Do you have to learn expert logistics before you can learn pathfinding? How do these skills become available to learn?

Go to advanced search