Search found 7 matches

by Shield
04 Sep 2012, 16:06
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Why can't the "Wait" and "defend" action
Replies: 3
Views: 9147

Why can't the "Wait" and "defend" action

I'm a spell caster type - I find on a 24" screen it be very time consuming to keep moving the mouse from the right to the left and vice-versa. Since you CAN drag the town shortcuts on the right, why can't I drag the "wait" and "defend" buttons to the right? I'm posting this ...
by Shield
04 Sep 2012, 16:03
Topic: Let's talk about things that others MAY not know...
Replies: 1
Views: 4426

Let's talk about things that others MAY not know...

So last night I was playing a campaign and hit the 1000 points for "Blood" and leveled up. After the level up, I noticed I was able to completely redistribute all of my ability points! I had NO idea you could do this.

Shawn
by Shield
14 Aug 2012, 17:18
Topic: After the 1.51 patch, did this game get a lot harder?
Replies: 1
Views: 2579

After the 1.51 patch, did this game get a lot harder?

Working my way through the first Necro campaign, on the 3rd map. Since I was limited to level 15 after the first 2 maps, I'm finding the game very hard. Not impossible, mind you, but it almost seems as if the computer is cheating heavily. I am able to build the 7th level unit (the spider ladies; for...
by Shield
29 May 2012, 15:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 2 - CD music... How do you people make it work?
Replies: 8
Views: 7646

I struggled with this too (and I have the original CD). I use win7 - 64 bit and MagicISO virtual CD manager.

The long story short - make your virtual CD drive letter D/E/F and the CD music will work. It didn't for me when I had the virtual HOMM2 CD that I ripped mounted as Z.
by Shield
29 May 2012, 15:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Fired up the old classics again - HOMM1, HOMM2
Replies: 3
Views: 3085

Fired up the old classics again - HOMM1, HOMM2

Got them both to run on a Win7 64 bit system by installing to the C:\games folder. I did find I had to hit (F4) a few times on HOMM1 after the game was launched, but the CD music worked great. On HOMM2 I find the player map movement isn't smooth - I've tried to adjust a few of the compatibility sett...
by Shield
23 Feb 2008, 00:22
Topic: Newbie here - unequipped combo artifact, can anyone help?
Replies: 7
Views: 4393

Hmm. When I fight a creature it doesn't reduce their speed by "1" which is part of what this combo is supposed to do. I've checked it out by fighting a neutral stack...
by Shield
23 Feb 2008, 00:10
Topic: Newbie here - unequipped combo artifact, can anyone help?
Replies: 7
Views: 4393

Newbie here - unequipped combo artifact, can anyone help?

I'm playing the 2nd campaign in Tribes of the East. I'm having some problems beating the guy at the end. Anyway, I've checked my backpack and I have (among other artifacts) all the pieces to "Death's Embrace" which includes: Staff of the Netherworld Cloak of Death's Shadow Ring of the Unre...

Go to advanced search