Search found 31 matches

by obelisk v2.0
31 Mar 2011, 19:41
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Finding similar games
Replies: 2
Views: 3474

Finding similar games

Hello, all :) Recently me and a few fellow students at University of Latvia developed Gamedipper - a system for finding games similar to a game you know by searching for similar words in reviews about games. I was asked to inform gamers outside of our university about this, since we're participating...
by obelisk v2.0
26 Dec 2010, 02:40
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version
Replies: 153
Views: 142135

Here's my idea, as a fix for something that annoys me to no end - if you lose a town with a Capitol to someone who already had a Capitol, yours gets demolished. Is it possible to make it so that your capitol remains and a single player can own multiple Capitols (yet still remain unable to build a Ca...
by obelisk v2.0
13 Sep 2010, 05:48
Topic: banning ALL sources of Dimension Door
Replies: 4
Views: 9009

The screenshot shows that Tome of Air and Spellbinder's Hat are both banned. Eagle Eye and Scholar, if I remember correctly, do not give level 5 spells. If there is a Conflux town on the map, an opponent may have seized it and built the Rainbow there, and spell banning doesn't really affect that. I ...
by obelisk v2.0
23 Aug 2010, 16:24
Topic: Dare I ask : 3.59 timing update?
Replies: 37
Views: 34215

And I don't know what TE or ERA stand for. Would someone please tell me? :)
by obelisk v2.0
21 Jun 2010, 22:12
Topic: Issue Starting the Mod
Replies: 7
Views: 5952

Ojcar wrote:SoD is a must.
Here's a question - why? Isn't AB > SoD? I've definitely lived under that assumption for a very long time...
by obelisk v2.0
04 Jun 2010, 12:43
Topic: A few newbie questions
Replies: 47
Views: 26952

Salamandre, that's just wrong. :D
by obelisk v2.0
31 May 2010, 22:22

Anyone played with Karmic battles enabled? Try it! Ahh, yes, Karmica battles are endless fun! The only thing I sometimes wish for is to have Neutral Unit Bonuses also affect the Karmic battle creatures. That is generally my wish mid-game, because in the beginning I already tend to have a slightly d...
by obelisk v2.0
30 May 2010, 11:10

Anyone played with Karmic battles enabled? Try it! Ahh, yes, Karmica battles are endless fun! The only thing I sometimes wish for is to have Neutral Unit Bonuses also affect the Karmic battle creatures. That is generally my wish mid-game, because in the beginning I already tend to have a slightly d...
by obelisk v2.0
27 May 2010, 02:47

Ojcar, don't worry about cheesy tactics and whatnot. I play similarly too. At least I definitely use Warfare, as the separate skills were just useless, and on occasion, if my army is very weak, I use berserk too. I don't use the 10% growth trick, I just enable the daily 4% army growth. And I like th...
by obelisk v2.0
20 May 2010, 11:45
Topic: Can I reverse the effects of Cartographer?
Replies: 3
Views: 3976

InfernalBrute wrote:Man this game is REALLY well polished, from the flavor of each town, to the cool monster animation, music, sound effects, even the interface and game options is top notch, and WoG even improved on that with new gameplay elements.
And that's the reason why people are still playing it.
by obelisk v2.0
20 May 2010, 11:43
Topic: HOMM3: Summon Fire Elemental (x infinite!) is overpowered
Replies: 10
Views: 15988

Personally I find the summon elemental spells to be useless in combat. The script that lets you summon them on the adventure map is definitely a source of a couple tons of problems, but in combat that thing is lame. Generally because when any opponent has reached the point where they can summon 100 ...
by obelisk v2.0
20 May 2010, 11:38

My advice would be not to hire so many heroes. I only hire 1 extra hero on the first day for his troops, and then don't hire any more for several months. Personally I also enable any scripts that make neutral battles harder, and while I don't know if they also affect AI battles vs neutrals, I defini...
by obelisk v2.0
19 Nov 2009, 16:39
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 421
Views: 630123

Starcraft II tops the list then, doesn't it? :D by far not. :) I think i can safely say, that 'Duke Nukem Forever' (DNF) is the King of all Vaporware Products (announced 1997, still not finished) Hope HotA wont go the same way :P Never heard of that particular project... Starcraft II is about the o...
by obelisk v2.0
17 Nov 2009, 22:52

Starcraft II tops the list then, doesn't it? :D
by obelisk v2.0
12 Oct 2009, 16:01
Topic: cheating AI?
Replies: 7
Views: 6126

Re: cheating AI?

I got suspicions that the AI is cheating: * I have chosen the option to ban DD on my map. I`ve also banned all artifacts that can give DD (like Air Magic Tome, Spellbinders Hat). The AI has DD - how is that possible? I have to double check if spell banning stops this, but possibly grail in the Conf...
by obelisk v2.0
03 Oct 2009, 08:31

I may not be very familiar with MM history, not having played MM I through V, but I know some of where the sci-fi comes in. And I still say it has no place in the game. After all, just think - the moment you get your hands on blasters, nothing can stand up to you. It's just too damn unbalanced. And ...
by obelisk v2.0
15 Sep 2009, 06:14
Topic: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version
Replies: 153
Views: 142135

If on the subject of Expert Dispel, there is one thing that would be nice - the ability to choose to cast it either in Expert or Advanced skill level, so that if I need to remove an effect from a single creature I do not have to remove every effect on the field along with the original target. That w...
by obelisk v2.0
10 Sep 2009, 17:03

Thank you very much, this does indeed work for all three games. Don't know what I would have done without your help! :)
by obelisk v2.0
09 Sep 2009, 18:32

And where could I find those?
by obelisk v2.0
09 Sep 2009, 13:36

Thanks, Warmonger, for the link... It is not, however, something I was looking for, if only for the simple reason that the Lodman utility, which seems to be the one used for extracting .lod files, refuses to work correctly. So far, I've attempted to extract the contents of MM6 and MM7 .lod files. MM...

Go to advanced search