Search found 28 matches

by asuka
03 Mar 2008, 05:02
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: stuck in TotE Campaign 3 Scenario 4 "Mother Earth's Wis
Replies: 6
Views: 2716

Yeah, but it's not helping: Let's sweep the lake in a counter-clockwise fashion. Go west and visit a mana x 2 spring at (3). Further west you can see a Seer Hut at (4). This Seer tells you to kill at least one assassin in exchange of the Tarot card artifact, which is mandatory to pass the second qu...
by asuka
03 Mar 2008, 04:54
Topic: Stuck on Heroes V, TotE. . . help!
Replies: 13
Views: 5833

Ah, thanks. You know, the ghost could have made a mention of that later. . . instead of just saying "thanks, be on your way" he could have said "thanks, and don't forget to sacrifice your necromancers at the demon alters to advance." And was I the only one peeved that you had to...
by asuka
16 Feb 2008, 04:50
Topic: In general, which School of Magic is Strongest/Most Useful?
Replies: 41
Views: 12182

Let's take out the Orcs, and let's say we (or any 2 people) play 49 games, 1 game each with each town against each town. You play only and exclusively with Dark and Dark Magic spells. I play only and exclusively with Destructive spells. What do you (all) think who will win more games if we assume t...
by asuka
15 Feb 2008, 04:57

Since usefulness of Magic is dependant on the availability of spells and Magic Skills I'd give points for the availability of spells first: Light gets 4 points (fully and guaranteed available in 4 towns) Destructive gets 4 1/2 (fully available in 4 towns plus 1/2 for Academy) Dark gets 3 1/2 points...
by asuka
13 Feb 2008, 04:54

it's still very possible to make a destructive magic based warlock who will dominate all but the most insanely sized armies. Yeah... it's great... if you're a Warlock... and even then Implosion kills about 30 lvl 7's per cast... at lvl 30 you can have a Ballista kill around 9 per turn with the righ...
by asuka
11 Feb 2008, 04:45
Topic: Reinforcements for Zehir- final battle
Replies: 1
Views: 1657

Reinforcements should arrive after you have taken the Dungeon town. I think you have triggered the Kujin bug - reinforcements wont come & Gotai runs around the map. You should have not let Kujin died.
by asuka
09 Feb 2008, 04:26
Topic: A Flamboyant Exit-Mini-boss fight with Kujin need help
Replies: 2
Views: 3081

To make Kujin stop from charging to the inferno castle click her hero icon and click many times to another location (as if you're instructing her to go to some other place). Elvin must be right, it's better to face the challenge. That battle would be hard though, especially with the Demon Lord's dar...
by asuka
06 Feb 2008, 07:27
Topic: So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?
Replies: 271
Views: 58121

I happened to be quite good at some RTS games (mostly AoE), and I asure you, the speed of reaction is vital when two good players met. Battling on few fronts with sneak attacks requires constant attention and extremely fast reaction to it. TBS will always be more strategic game than RTS since it in...
by asuka
06 Feb 2008, 06:36
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 20144

I remembered now, I also would love to see the next Heroes to have a 3D combat field. A 3D field like that in Final Fantasy Tactics. Even with the current engine, this should not be too hard.
by asuka
05 Feb 2008, 01:35
Topic: Raise dead issues
Replies: 6
Views: 2593

Re: Raise dead issues

It seems if a friendly creature dies, then another, enemy creature dies on top of the friendly one, then you can't Raise dead your creature, which is under the enemy one. Is that a bug, an oversight, or intended behavior? Also, I wonder if when you Raise dead a creature, does it get back all negati...
by asuka
05 Feb 2008, 01:18
Topic: TotE campaign final map (Spoiler!)
Replies: 17
Views: 5225

Gah... doesn't it at least shave off some damn turns from the duration? I also think it should just reduce its effectiveness. Else, Cleansing becomes almost useless. Also, how does she manage to Confuse my Titans after i cast Magical Immunity on them?! I seriously need something to kill those pesky...
by asuka
05 Feb 2008, 00:50
Topic: spellpower with necro
Replies: 7
Views: 3067

If you use Raise Dead, then Spellpower is VERY important. But since you're playing necro, you are using raise dead? It's their best spell... or do I miss something? Well I think that's what Akul is trying to say.. Spellpower is important in Necro specifically because of raise dead. As Necro, I also...
by asuka
04 Feb 2008, 01:39
Topic: TotE campaign final map (Spoiler!)
Replies: 17
Views: 5225

I just won an incredible final battle, all because of the extremely dumb AI. :D I attacked Talonguard with just ~50 titans and those units that were available to hire in front of Talonguard. My first shock was that Biara has Urgash's Call. :( I let Biara cast Mass Confusion and didn't dispel it so ...
by asuka
04 Feb 2008, 01:31

Let's see. Expert Enlightment + Intelligence + Wizards Reward Expert Destructive and a level 14 warlock(realistic to obtain) a warlock starts with 3 spell power.: +3 40% of his stats go to spellpower. +6 Enlightment adds half this value: +3 Wizard's Reward: +2 --------------------------------------...
by asuka
02 Feb 2008, 09:57

Yes me too, I personally would take Summoning as second after Dark. I find Blade Barrier very useful specially on the early parts of the game. Other very useful ones i find are Conjure Phoenix (due to it's high init) and Phantom Forces (he.. makes me remember the Demon Lord in the Flamboyant Exit mi...
by asuka
02 Feb 2008, 08:43

it's all too situational to comment. Try thinking about a week 2 rush from a 15 spell power warlock. One Meteor Shower will simply waste all your army and you can spend casting all the mass slows and confusions you want... it won't make any difference. Good day. Just curious, how can a warlock have...
by asuka
02 Feb 2008, 05:03

In general, which School of Magic is Strongest/Most Useful?

So which do u think?

I personally think Dark Magic is strongest (Mass Slow, Mass Confusion, Frenzy, Vampirism, & Puppet Master). I think Destructive is weakest.
by asuka
02 Feb 2008, 04:39
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 20144

I also prefer an improved H5 without additional factions. I do not believe adding factions would improve the game (eg. SC only has three well balanced races & the game is awesome). Here are my wishes: 1. Improve AI ability & shorten their turns. 2. Improve faction balance.\ 3. Improve altern...
by asuka
02 Feb 2008, 04:15
Topic: It's A Trap Help(3rd Haven Campaign)
Replies: 30
Views: 6189

Well if it autosaves in the top left corner, than you'll have to see a short film and to pass on the next mission. Have you build the Mage Guild 4-th level? Might your problems comes from there :S Or try to go a far as you can in that top left corner, hm :| So if nothing like that happens, please, ...
by asuka
02 Feb 2008, 04:08
Topic: HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 42
Views: 29740

Re: HV & HoF campaigns in ToE

Downloaded main data and text to (ToE)/UserMods - didn't get the old campaigns in the campaign menu - is there something else I should have done? What were the file extensions of the main data and text when u put them in the usermod folder? I think the file extension must be .h5u IE renames h5u to ...

Go to advanced search