Search found 18 matches

by Trevor
14 Mar 2008, 14:35
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Help me complete my collection! info needed
Replies: 13
Views: 5029

gravyluvr wrote:I think that there is a version Heroes of Might and Magic 5 that has ALL of the GAMES.
Not quite. It has King's Bounty hidden in the file structure, but no documentation.

It has HOMM 1-3, but no music!!!!!

It has none of the Chronicles.
by Trevor
13 Mar 2008, 16:34
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Baldur's Gate
Replies: 560
Views: 170302

I just stumbled upon the BG intro package that only includes the first two levels or so of the original Baldur's Gate. If I play it thru and decide to get the full BG1, can I transfer over my characters? I tend to spend a lot of time fine tuning characters and getting all their items organized just ...
by Trevor
13 Mar 2008, 16:29
Topic: Portable Heroes? The nintendo DS.....
Replies: 15
Views: 6250

Looks like Disciples still hasn't been released for the DS.

Anyone ever play either of the Gameboy Advance Heroes games?
by Trevor
13 Mar 2008, 16:08
Topic: difficulty in armageddon's blade
Replies: 10
Views: 8273

Re: that makes sense

So that's why it's crucial that the enemy doesn't tag the blue tent. What happened was that I took the second castle at the beginning of week two, but there was already a scout out with an army that slipped by and tagged the tent. I guess I'll just have to start over. That reminds me that I always ...
by Trevor
29 Jan 2008, 17:32
Topic: Why is the H1-3 Millennium Edition so expensive?
Replies: 3
Views: 1772

Why is the H1-3 Millennium Edition so expensive?

It seems to go for $65 minimum on ebay or amazon.

Are there that many HOMM collectors that want every edition? Or is there something on this set that isn't on all the others?
by Trevor
27 Jan 2008, 12:30
Topic: HOMM Campaigns question
Replies: 16
Views: 5319

You flip to the other campaign's track if you switch sides, losing any bonuses you may have gained. I wouldn't want to re-play "Country Lords" in Arhicbald's campaign without both the Ogre and Dragon Alliances. I've never been able to win it without them. Unless your OCD includes masochis...
by Trevor
27 Jan 2008, 12:20
Topic: Do Any of You Still Play HoMM1?
Replies: 14
Views: 4173

Maybe I'm just lucky or Microsoft has recently updated how XP runs legacy programs. I've recently been playing HOMM1 and HOMM2. I put my old DOS CDs in my XP system, ran the install off the CD, and run the game exe. I've done absolutely no fiddling with settings, running other programs, anything. Th...
by Trevor
25 Jan 2008, 23:39

Metathron wrote:It's the fifth one.
Sweet, thanks for that! If you email it to me I'll play it tonight when i get home!
by Trevor
25 Jan 2008, 22:07

Metathron wrote:I checked and I have an autosaved game from when I was playing the campaign as the barbarian. Let me know if you'd like that, and I'll send it to your email.
That would rock. When I get home I'll try to figure out exactly which map the knight battle would be.
by Trevor
25 Jan 2008, 20:17

Re: HOMM Campaigns question

there is one map you do not see on the first time through- that being the one where you conquer your own land. What I mean is there are four maps where you conquer the knights, sorceresses, barbarians, and warlocks. You don't play the one which matches your faction. Probably not worth replaying jus...
by Trevor
25 Jan 2008, 16:08

Anyway, you choose hunting for crown or rising an army, not saving sorceress. You save them anyway. See, my memory stinks. That hunting for the Crown is whipping me, the enemy has beaten me to it three times in a row. I'm about to just hire a ton of heroes and randomly dig in the general area. Ther...
by Trevor
24 Jan 2008, 20:41

15 years of constant play, and you don't know, the Campaigns inside out? I have a fairly poor memory when it comes to non-important things. Well, important things too perhaps. But do you really remember the details of all the campaigns, especially little details like the one I'm asking? Between all...
by Trevor
24 Jan 2008, 19:50

You flip to the other campaign's track if you switch sides, losing any bonuses you may have gained. I wouldn't want to re-play "Country Lords" in Arhicbald's campaign without both the Ogre and Dragon Alliances. I've never been able to win it without them. Unless your OCD includes masochis...
by Trevor
24 Jan 2008, 19:19

HOMM Campaigns question

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to play thru all the HOMM campaigns in order. I finished HOMM the other week. But just to be sure, there were just the ten maps in a straight series to make the campaign, right? There were no alternate paths or anything? Also, no official expansions for HOMM, righ...
by Trevor
24 Jan 2008, 19:11
Topic: Which Heroes of Might and Magic Game did you first play?
Replies: 70
Views: 23472

I bought HOMM1 fairly soon after it was released, and was instantly addicted. I would imagine that I have played more HOMM than any other activity in my life besides sleep and work. I recently made a resolution to play thru all the HOMM campaigns in order, so recently finished HOMM1 again. In HOMM2 ...
by Trevor
20 Jan 2008, 09:25
Topic: My basic Homm3 strategies. Please give me your opinions.
Replies: 12
Views: 9499

Briefly, I usually do a slight mix of the creatures vs capitol first week or two. I usually build one or two creature dwellings, whatever would be most useful in easily clearing a few mines and such. This is often one shooter and/or one fast creature. I'll buy at least one extra hero as scouts, and ...
by Trevor
20 Jan 2008, 09:13
Topic: HOMM 1 - Camp map 8, King of the Hill - need help
Replies: 19
Views: 13338

It was truly one of the finest HOMM scenarios of my 15 years with the games. I wouldn't go that far. ;) It's really hard because the odds are really stacked against you from the beginning. Great HOMM scenarios leave me wanting to replay it. I wouldn't cry if I never saw that one again. Congratulati...
by Trevor
19 Jan 2008, 10:26
Topic: HOMM 1 - Camp map 8, King of the Hill - need help
Replies: 19
Views: 13338

Playing thru all the HOMMs as a New Year's Resolution, and I was surprised to find how blasted tough this map was. First time, after breezing thru the first 7 maps of the campaign, I thought I was doing well for a few weeks, and then got completely slaughtered. Came here for advice, saw that I was o...

Go to advanced search