Search found 31 matches

by gzork
17 Jun 2008, 02:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Thoughts on Luck?
Replies: 8
Views: 4879

If you're using a Might race, Luck is an essential in my opinion. If you're using a Magic race, it's still useful, and there's always Warlock's Luck and Spoils of War. In my opinion it's close to being the best skill, even if it is based on... well, luck.
by gzork
13 Apr 2008, 06:49
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Replies: 53
Views: 20560

Since most of the time I have Dark Magic I'm Necro I guess I'm biased, but when I have it available my units already have the undead ability, which is incredibly valuable, and I need to spam Raise Dead to bring them back with or without Vampirism. So I'm not sure how much this really counts, but I g...
by gzork
12 Apr 2008, 01:05
Topic: Argg new to his game! need help!
Replies: 15
Views: 5200

First off, you'll probably want to use the skillwheel on this site, https://www.celestialheavens.com/520 there's a downloadable version linked to on this page. It helps you map out what skills and abilities you'll want to take. This is the first Heroes game I've played so I don't know how much of th...
by gzork
11 Apr 2008, 05:25
Topic: All around worst hero?
Replies: 23
Views: 12799

I get the feeling I went about this the wrong way, what I meant was your primary battle hero, and even then considering a lot of major variables, it's still pretty vague, huh? I mean, you brought up Alastor and Jezebeth, both of which have abilities that, on paper, seem pretty useful, but in early g...
by gzork
09 Apr 2008, 07:22

Ah, kind of meant to imply main hero. But to be honest I hadn't really thought about some of them in that light, I can see double money from a hero you don't use being pretty useful, and as expected, Svea's on top. But Kaspar? Really? I need to take a look at that. Maybe it pops up more often than I...
by gzork
07 Apr 2008, 01:59

All around worst hero?

It's hard to understand why, but there's clearly some heroes that are flat out better than others, when you think about which heroes you'd never want to use, I'd think these would stand out, but which is the worst? Fortress: Svea: Basic Destructive, Master of Storms - Lightning spell damage is irres...
by gzork
07 Apr 2008, 00:51
Topic: Best level 4 spell
Replies: 18
Views: 7602

Frenzy, I think, is my favorite. Depending on the situation it's kind of like Puppet Master, but with more things dying.

Summon Elementals is underrated, assuming you have the talent that gives you fire elementals.
by gzork
25 Feb 2008, 08:05
Topic: Best level 1 spell
Replies: 32
Views: 14441

I'm going with Haste, comes out to be similar to Slow, but it can't be resisted, and it ties in with certain strategies based on hero abilities like Empathy better.
by gzork
09 Feb 2008, 22:23
Topic: Sylvan Hero Choice
Replies: 9
Views: 5110

Sylvan Hero Choice

I've been wondering for a while, which hero to pick when I play Sylvan. I used to play as Ossir, but I realized a bit ago that he can't get the Nature's Luck ability. I know it's not often that you can get it anyway, but I usually play pretty large maps, and if there's a chance to get a bonus like t...
by gzork
09 Feb 2008, 22:03
Topic: Fortress creature choices
Replies: 46
Views: 25230

1. Shieldguards, the no-moving defense buff is too low and unless you move them. They already have large shield so they're good against ranged attacks, and if a melee unit runs up from 5 spaces away or so, that's a huge damage reduction. Even if it's just one attack, -50% dmg is going to matter a lo...
by gzork
29 Jan 2008, 22:48
Topic: Help this vampire!
Replies: 2
Views: 1588

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/heroes5_cheats.shtml http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/heroes5_cheats_misc.shtml Depending on the version of your game you may need to use the @ commands. Personally I have no real idea what this means, but refer to the first link if you do. Th...
by gzork
29 Jan 2008, 22:42
Topic: Factions' Magic Schools
Views: 5075

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Meteor Shower in the Academy, unless a special rule applies to building the Library. I always was curious as to what Academy gets and it seems strange that they wouldn't specialize in shooting fireballs... oh well. But isn't Destr...
by gzork
29 Jan 2008, 21:38
Topic: Factions' Magic Schools
Views: 5075

Factions' Magic Schools

I'm sure this is answered somewhere on CH but I haven't been able to find it. I was wondering where to find a complete list of how different factions get and use different magic. That is to say what schools of magic are fully available to each faction, like Light and Dark to Haven, or Destructive an...
by gzork
23 Jan 2008, 01:45
Topic: Necropolis creature choices
Replies: 13
Views: 17770

1. Archers until pretty late game. Low starting hp means Raise Dead hardly has a downside with these guys, and shield others on such a cheap, long lasting unit is amazing. 2. If I ever bother to upgrade htem, I guess Rot Zombies, better stats for a blocker. 3. Depends on the enemy army. If they rely...
by gzork
23 Jan 2008, 01:31
Topic: Haven creature choices
Replies: 29
Views: 19953

Most people will tell you it's a good idea to have light or dark magic, depending on your faction, having both could be overkill, or debilitating if your faction doesn't get a certain school of magic.

Haven gets Light AND Dark, both of which play to the strengths of a Might army, which Haven is.
by gzork
16 Jan 2008, 06:06
Topic: Getting frustrated
Replies: 4
Views: 2583

Eh? Arcane Omniscience is kind of weak for general use, but if there's a Memory Mentor you can get it, then get rid of it, and you still have all the spells, if you can manage it, it's a pretty good move.
by gzork
16 Jan 2008, 04:56
Topic: Memory Mentor, Dark Revelation, and Defend Us All
Replies: 5
Views: 3608

Memory Mentor, Dark Revelation, and Defend Us All

So, I know this would hardly ever help in an actual multiplayer game, but in the last scenario of the Orc campaign, I noticed a few things, I had a lot of gold, a lot of warmongers, a Memory Mentor and an almost completely useless tree (shouting, although the double rage perk's nice). Anyway, I took...
by gzork
15 Jan 2008, 08:06
Topic: Nature's Luck
Views: 1356

That's a hell of a lot better than I was thinking it was, due in a small part to me not knowing what it was, but due msotly to me now thinking "wow, that's incredibly cheap".

The path to it doesn't seem that bad, either.
by gzork
15 Jan 2008, 06:03
Topic: Nature's Luck
Views: 1356

Nature's Luck

I've been wondering about this ability, pretty much since I got the game several months ago. It says that units always have luck rolled, but isn't that the case anyway? Is it similar to Soldier's luck i.e. two checks? I thought it was for the hero's attack (since the Ranger actually has a reason to ...
by gzork
12 Jan 2008, 00:42
Topic: Stronghold creature choices
Views: 16100

You have a few stacks of Chieftans near an Untamed Cyclopes, and force it to take turns significantly more frequently, typically used in conjunction with the First Aid Tent perk to heal the Cyclopes afterwards. You'll see the Cyclopes stack move and attack, lets say, an equal sized stack of black dr...

Go to advanced search