Search found 8 matches

by Geo
08 Mar 2008, 21:08
Forum: News
Topic: On Iron Lore and PC Gaming
Replies: 102
Views: 25896

The problem of software piracy is actually rather complicated, and not one easily solved. The crux of the matter lies in economics and big companies' fear of not earning as much money as before. The same goes for the big players in the music industry. Their inability to reach new markets and keep ol...
by Geo
25 Feb 2008, 09:51
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best level 1 spell
Replies: 32
Views: 14341

Slow it is! Haste is good, fire trap is good, and the others can all shine (somewhat), but slow I think is more versatile and especially early on will give anyone an edge. It's just one of those spells that always has been and always will be among the most useful.
by Geo
24 Feb 2008, 13:07
Topic: Looking Forward: Final impressions on H5 and a vision of H6
Replies: 34
Views: 9773

Many good points here, I think, though I don't know about only four skill slots. Maybe it's just me, but I always fret about which skills to pick, always wanting more than I can have, so limiting me even more would be horrible :) I agree with you on as good as everything else, though. Heroes VI will...
by Geo
23 Jan 2008, 12:39
Topic: Gedankenexperiments of Might and Magic: Part I - The Races
Replies: 26
Views: 11628

I agree with others here that it's not a good idea to create a new world yet again. That time is better spent on improving AI, balance issues or even creature names. I do agree with your emphasis on diversity and freedom of choice concerning creatures, but I disagree on a couple of points. First of ...
by Geo
21 Jan 2008, 18:24
Topic: Playing old Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 22
Views: 9926

Excellent! Will be fun playing the campaigns again when I have the time.

Thanks to Sfidanza!!
by Geo
09 Jan 2008, 14:13
Topic: Stronghold creature choices
Replies: 15
Views: 15976

My choice of Stronghold creatures varies quite a lot from map to map, and for the sake of variation. I think this faction has the most variety in it's upgrades, and as one of you mentioned, when factoring in blood rage, choices between upgrades becomes even more interesting. The only creature I am s...
by Geo
06 Jan 2008, 14:36
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 28447

Your mod is obviously your cup of tea, and that's good for you. I must say, however, that you make a lot of changes I don't understand. You buff almost every creature, and the nerfs you say you put in are few apart and for the most part rather negligible in relation to all the buffs. But I may be mi...
by Geo
20 Dec 2007, 16:18
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 19812

I completely agree on diversifying the alternate upgrades. First of all to try and seperate one upgr. from the other through their looks. Some of the current alternates look far to similar to one another. Secondly to diversify the upgrades by way of their skills and stats. I think the idea with alte...

Go to advanced search