Search found 808 matches

by CloudRiderX
26 Feb 2016, 19:41
Forum: News
Topic: Contents Wanted
Replies: 48
Views: 23649

Re: Contents Wanted

As you may recall, I was a steady contributor from '05 to '09. I considered getting back into it again a few years ago, but I was so discouraged by the state of the community in the aftermath of H6 that I didn't see the point. If I was to contribute again, I would need to be convinced that there is ...
by CloudRiderX
11 Oct 2013, 17:32
Topic: New Games, Old Feel?
Replies: 34
Views: 17038

New Games, Old Feel?

"This is a nicely worded article that fails to conceal the pro-Ubisoft bias the moderators on this website/forum have been forced to feign in order to maintain good relations with that company." ...or maybe the community has an anti-Ubisoft bias. "The problem is that the new RPG is ca...
by CloudRiderX
11 Sep 2012, 15:37
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Heroes VI Review
Replies: 45
Views: 36220

CH Heroes VI Review

I absolutely agree with hellegennes. All I've seen on this site since H6's release is a crusade. It's a crusade against Ubi, Black Hole, or anyone else that doesn't fulfill expectations (which are most often unreasonable and poorly justified) 100% of the time. This community is wallowing in its own ...
by CloudRiderX
11 Sep 2012, 04:03

CH Heroes VI Review

"The reasons that those of us who think H-6 is rubbish still come here; is unlike many we still love Heroes the franchise..." The only thing this community 'loves' is complaining. First it was "Heroes 5 is great" and now its "Heroes 6 sucks." This "community" ...
by CloudRiderX
10 Sep 2012, 21:57

CH Heroes VI Review

H5 comes out -> "TOO MANY DRAGONS WORST GAME EVER"

H6 comes out -> "NO DRAGONS OR TITANS WORST GAME EVER"
by CloudRiderX
04 Sep 2012, 19:53
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Soul Forge
Replies: 3
Views: 3280

Soul Forge

The Soul Forge is a place where you can take a really long time doing something you can do much faster by just playing the game.
by CloudRiderX
03 Sep 2012, 03:36

CH Heroes VI Review

@hellegennes

I would agree with you on 3/6 being too low. But there has been a lot of bias against the game since its inception, so I can't say I'm surprised, really.
by CloudRiderX
02 Sep 2012, 15:44

CH Heroes VI Review

I think the Gameplay segment was a little skewed. You didn't talk about any of the game's actual gameplay - you claimed that you found it fairly enjoyable, but didn't say why. You then proceeded to harp on the problems with the online interface for the next two paragraphs. You didn't address any of ...
by CloudRiderX
23 Aug 2012, 22:34
Topic: DLC 2: Danse Macabre Announced
Replies: 29
Views: 16957

DLC 2: Danse Macabre Announced

Okay Limbic, let's get more than two maps in this campaign, okay? Or at least charge less than $10...
by CloudRiderX
23 Aug 2012, 18:50
Topic: Ubi to Develop More Free-To-Play Games
Replies: 17
Views: 10414

Ubi to Develop More Free-To-Play Games

Agree with Tress, F2P =/= P2W. League of Legends, for example, is a F2P game where you can get no advantage over other players buy spending money. On the other hand, games like Blacklight Retribution and Tribes: Ascend let you spend money to get more powerful weapons and upgrades. Honestly, a F2P Ho...
by CloudRiderX
17 Aug 2012, 18:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Revenge of the "of MM" titles (Gamescom 2012)
Replies: 30
Views: 28550

So we've got a Path of Exile wannabe and a likely inferior version of the games we already have.

I let Clash of Heroes slide because it was a great TBS game, but this is kinda sad. Us M&M fans don't have much left and yet again we are forced to watch whatever is left slip away...
by CloudRiderX
15 Aug 2012, 15:13
Topic: Witcher Dev: "DLC Should Be Free"
Replies: 22
Views: 9951

Witcher Dev: "DLC Should Be Free"

Some people want more bread on their table than others do.
by CloudRiderX
13 Aug 2012, 14:51
Topic: Witcher Dev: "DLC Should Be Free"
Replies: 22
Views: 9951

Witcher Dev: "DLC Should Be Free"

I guess I wouldn't mind paying $10 for a DLC, but it really has to be significant and complete. The word campaign has a certain connotation (to both me and many fans) as being more than two maps, even if those two maps keep you busy. I would really rather have them add two more maps to the campaign ...
by CloudRiderX
13 Aug 2012, 14:38
Topic: Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?
Replies: 80
Views: 35729

Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?

@Karmakeld

Neither is anybody else, because the features don't work apparently lol.
by CloudRiderX
08 Aug 2012, 22:56

I agree that resource management is part of war, but for anyone who isn't a hardcore competitive player, "resource war" is just a shorter way of saying "other players can camp your mines and there is nothing you can do about it." Whether its a human player or AI, it gets old real...
by CloudRiderX
08 Aug 2012, 20:22
Topic: KB for Android, iOs
Replies: 20
Views: 12226

KB for Android, iOs

@hellegennes I definitely agree on devoting more time to development. Too often these days, the presence of auto-patching and DLC seem to make developers lax on the debugging process. You bring up an interesting point regarding H3 - there was definitely a distinct way that Heroes 3 evolved the serie...
by CloudRiderX
08 Aug 2012, 20:11

@pitsu

Whatever underlying point you are trying to make, you might as well just come out with it. The question is irrelevant and any response to the underlying point would be based only on speculation.
by CloudRiderX
08 Aug 2012, 18:49

KB for Android, iOs

@klaymen My exact quote was "...and such a jump is not one we will likely witness again ." My statement directly indicated that Heroes III was the latest of such a jump to occur, and does not disregard prior ones. The jump from H1 to H2 was before the jump to H3, so how could we witness th...
by CloudRiderX
08 Aug 2012, 18:14

"All we got from Ubisoft was Heroes 3 remake and some weird mix of stuff which is a total failure." What we got from Ubi was an attempt to make a better game than H5, which they absolutely did. If you didn't like H5 (and I would empathize with you), then you're beef is more with Ubi and no...
by CloudRiderX
08 Aug 2012, 03:46

KB for Android, iOs

@hellegennes Games naturally incur more bugs as they become more complex. The transition from H2 to H3 was probably the most profound throughout the entire HoMM series. The graphic were way better, the music was more authentic, there were way more creatures, spells, maps, and campaigns. It was every...

Go to advanced search