Search found 27 matches

by Tobius
14 Dec 2008, 16:45
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: WIP: Creating the best Small Map for Heroes III
Replies: 1
Views: 989

WIP: Creating the best Small Map for Heroes III

Hey folks! Christmas is near and this year 2008 is coming to an end, whilst 2009 is fastly approaching. Almost ten years ago in 1999 3DO published the legendary game "Heroes of Might and Magic III". Therefore I've decided to make a new Heroes III map to honour the 10th birthday of this mas...
by Tobius
14 Dec 2008, 14:27
Topic: Best Heroes III Maps to download (from here)
Replies: 18
Views: 43119

A map that's not available on CH!

Hey Corbon! If you're looking for a single-player map only, I would like to recommend you a map of my own that I've created last winter. Its name is "The War of the Ring" (Der Ringkrieg) and the original language is German, but you stated to not be focussing on a great story-line why this ...
by Tobius
01 Apr 2008, 13:11
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes III - New Saga!
Replies: 3
Views: 3256

Heroes III - New Saga!

Hey folks, I've read about the "Gettysburg (1863)" project and noticed the motivated comments about a new Heroes III map. I'm not sure whether it's convenient time, but I just wanted to open this thread right now to have a place here to present my current project. It's a Heroes III SoD map...
by Tobius
11 Mar 2008, 17:21
Topic: The Art of Heroes 3
Replies: 57
Views: 54730

(...) maybe NWC hoped someone would buy them with the game instead of just the license... I would have laid down my life for this! NWC would have made a fantastic Heroes V with a bigger budget - at least concerning art. However, Nival is at the wheel now, but I nourish hope that Heroes VI will get ...
by Tobius
28 Feb 2008, 18:04
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Looking Forward: Final impressions on H5 and a vision of H6
Replies: 34
Views: 9824

(...) rather you choose your faction based on the build choices you make. That is, you start out with a generic town, and depending on what build options you choose, you guide your development towards a certain faction. (...) Most importantly, the developers of H6 need to pay some serious attention...
by Tobius
13 Feb 2008, 19:18
Topic: Ashan - Best of all possible worlds?
Replies: 15
Views: 6278

I alredy know few people who like Ashan more then the Old Universe. Can you give reasons why they like Ashan more than the old universe? Is it because they don't really know the series' history? I wonder how you can find such a oridinary Fantasy story interesting at all and even more interesting th...
by Tobius
13 Feb 2008, 18:11

There should have been SF, too, if the Forge was implemented in H3 AB. But sad to say this step was prevented and that was the first moment in the history of HoMM and MM, where we had problems with the storyline continuity. You know, HoMM was only a part of the MM universe and there is a mixture of ...
by Tobius
13 Feb 2008, 16:51

I fully agree with you Matt. I really don't like the universe created by Nival. It's absolutely boring and ordinary fantasy stuff. I also didn't like the Heroes IV storyline, because it was way. The mix of Science fiction and Fantasy made the series unique - that's what I loved it for.
by Tobius
12 Feb 2008, 22:12

His name was Sareth, I think. Well, I've edited the first part of post. I did focus on Heroes V not DM, but it's good that you pointed out this ambiguity.
by Tobius
12 Feb 2008, 21:40

Why do you think so? Did I commit a crime in cold blood if I hadn't played it?
by Tobius
12 Feb 2008, 21:23

Ashan - Best of all possible worlds?

Hey Folks! The Heroes V saga has ended. Peace rules in Ashan (apart from the storyline of Dark Messiah). Now I want to know what you think about this (more or less) new universe. Do you miss Antagarich? Or do you think Nival has created the best Heroes world ever? Where do you see the future of HoMM...
by Tobius
01 Feb 2008, 22:07
Topic: Advanced Map Appraisal System
Views: 6130

Advanced Map Appraisal System

Hello to everyone who loves playing maps from the internet! With this thread I'll introduce the A dvanced M ap A ppraisal S ystem ( AMAS ) which in my eyes is the ideal tool to appraise maps in a transparent and highly objective way. Here you can ask questions, give fair comments, and suggestions fo...
by Tobius
22 Jan 2008, 15:34
Topic: Gedankenexperiments of Might and Magic: Part I - The Races
Replies: 26
Views: 11670

Hey everyone, As you can see, I've heavily edited my first post, so there are no suggested line-ups anymore. Why did I do this? Well, I read your rejections of a so called "Infernopolis", etc. I think the problem was that I somehow steamrolled you with the exact line-ups which prescined fr...
by Tobius
20 Jan 2008, 18:39

There are several reasons for replacing the factions of former heroes games. One reason is to leave behind the overhault stereotypes of former heroes games. Furthermore there is the idea of greater freedom for the player to play his own Heroes without any limitations. I think it is not right to spea...
by Tobius
20 Jan 2008, 17:11

I think, we are beyond balancing creatures for their tier - it must be allowed to balance ARMY-wise [...] So, to put home the point: balancing units tier for tier would be at least 2 steps back. I must disagree with you here, because it is simply impossible to get the balance right without balancin...
by Tobius
20 Jan 2008, 15:44

Hey JJ, Thanks for your objection. First of all I have to say that you made one big logical mistake. It is right that there are 6400 possible armies, but you do not need to test these out, because you only need to balance creatures on every single tier. You don't need to balance a Titan and a Sacris...
by Tobius
20 Jan 2008, 01:33

Gedankenexperiments of Might and Magic: Part I - The Races

Hey folks, I am from Germany and about one month ago we started thinking there about Heroes VI, too. The discussions there are still hot, but we decided to do the next step. That is why I am here now. I want to present the provisional result and I want to invite you to join in the discussion about t...
by Tobius
15 Jan 2008, 19:48
Topic: What makes a good map?
Replies: 51
Views: 11994

Did I say something else? Yes, you are right: long stories can be boring if the map maker lacks the ability of story-telling. I agree that Corribus' maps are examples of great stories, but are there any other comparable maps? I think the Traemask maps for example have more text than any other map ou...
by Tobius
15 Jan 2008, 15:51

-- story maps are best, but story has to be original and avoid cliches -- really long text is bad (agreed) but can be good if well written I agree that story maps are the best maps, if the story is original and worth "reading". As a basic principle a story map has much more potential to e...
by Tobius
05 Jan 2008, 16:19

What is important

Well, I have to disagree about almost every point of your list. I do not think that large maps are basically better than medium or small maps just because it gets pretty boring after a while when you have to fight one enemy after another. You like large maps but I think almost every L/XL map has mor...

Go to advanced search