Search found 83 matches

by Dacarnix_
19 May 2008, 18:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best level 1 unit
Replies: 23
Views: 9938

I went with Skeleton Archers as 30g for a ranged attacker is awfully nice, but I can definitely see why the votes are falling as they have.
by Dacarnix_
05 May 2008, 16:17
Topic: Disappearing first aid tent
Replies: 13
Views: 5831

I got used to the "3 uses" thing after a while and haven't given it much thought lately, but it's definitely odd that an army's support machines have an infinite quantity of ballista bolts but only 3 potions / band-aids / whatever. I wouldn't even mind if the amount of healing was a little...
by Dacarnix_
28 Apr 2008, 17:38
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: New H5 RPG/Quest map - Mercenaries - Playtesters needed!
Replies: 108
Views: 38691

Well, I got a chance to start playing the map, and I'm a little overwhelmed by the wages costs. Even just hiring a handful of chumpy troops for blockers can wind up costing 1,000+ gold per week rather quickly. I think the thing that I found frustrating is that the map has two competing themes - merc...
by Dacarnix_
23 Apr 2008, 17:47
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: New H5 RPG/Quest map - Mercenaries - Playtesters needed!
Replies: 108
Views: 38691

I've downloaded the map and will definitely play it when I get the chance.

That might not be for a couple weeks due to my current schedule, but I will definitely give my feedback when I'm able.

It sounds like a neat idea, and I'm looking forward to taking it for a test drive.
by Dacarnix_
21 Apr 2008, 19:11
Topic: New Necromancy Perks suggestion
Replies: 5
Views: 3277

How exactly dark points are increased without a castel? i saw that every hero give +1 DP, every level give +25?..What was you maximum dark point you got? Actually, it's a good bit more complicated than that. There's a lookup table for Basic, Advanced, Expert, and Ultimate Necromancy skill by hero l...
by Dacarnix_
15 Apr 2008, 17:29
Topic: All around worst hero?
Views: 12791

I agree Svea is probably the weakest of the heroes, since her special ability doesn't offer much of a boost. However, she's one of my favourites character-wise. It's a shame they didn't improve her ability. Maybe someone will mod her in the future. :D Even something as simple as +2 Spellpower for l...
by Dacarnix_
09 Apr 2008, 17:28

Narxes? Really? He's not very good starting out, but by the mid-game, he's one of my favorite Academy heroes. The amount of damage that his boosted mages dish out is pretty amazing. Svea + Inga is about the most disappointing combination I can think of. A rarely-triggered ability and an ability that...
by Dacarnix_
08 Apr 2008, 17:42

Kaspar is actually one of my favorite heroes. He's the first one I'd pick if I play Necro, as his ability is extremely useful early in the game. Even in late game, I still find it useful. I definitely can think of a lot of much worse heroes than the ones on this list, namely the ones that specializ...
by Dacarnix_
07 Apr 2008, 18:37

Ellaine can be very good as secondary hero. Agreed. I think she's even my favorite secondary hero in the game. Ship her all your Peasants, and the money will eventually start to add up quite nicely. And recruitment is tailor made for secondary heroes. I've definitely got to go with Svea for the pol...
by Dacarnix_
19 Mar 2008, 17:13
Topic: Most valuable upgrade
Replies: 10
Views: 5715

Most improved is pretty tough to qualify, but the biggest jumps by faction in my book are... Colossus -> Storm Titan Scout -> Assassin Archer -> Crossbowman Skeleton -> Skeletal Archer Hellhound -> Firehound Hunter -> Arcane Archer Bear Rider -> Blackbear Rider Slayer -> Executioner
by Dacarnix_
04 Mar 2008, 19:22
Topic: Best level 2 spell
Replies: 25
Views: 10766

PhoenixReborn wrote:I can see I'm by my lonesome but I just love mass decay...quite useful.

What's with the love for regen?
I think a big part of the love for Regen is that it makes a summoned Phoenix virtually immortal.

There are lots of good spells at level 2, though. I am also a big fan of Mass Decay. :-D
by Dacarnix_
03 Mar 2008, 20:36
Topic: Best level 2 spell
Replies: 25
Views: 10766

There are quite a few great spells, here, but Raise Dead is my favorite of the bunch.
by Dacarnix_
03 Mar 2008, 20:28
Topic: Best level 1 spell
Replies: 32
Views: 14429

Most of us see that Slow seems to work out better than Haste, but I bet most of you never sit down to figure out why. The reason is, Slow is numerically superior. The progression for Slow is 25%/30%/35%/40%. For Haste, it's 10%/20%/30%/40%. Numerically, 25% slow is equivalent to 33% haste. Similarl...
by Dacarnix_
26 Feb 2008, 05:41
Topic: Best level 1 spell
Replies: 32
Views: 14429

I probably should have voted for Slow or Haste as the "best" level 1 spell, but I voted for my favorite - Divine Strength. On the right creatures, that spell is just awesome, and I love the consistency that it grants to damage output.
by Dacarnix_
22 Feb 2008, 18:39
Topic: Fortress creature choices
Replies: 46
Views: 25222

Firewall counts as a destructive spell in TotE, though. Pull them into that.
by Dacarnix_
21 Feb 2008, 19:23
Topic: Opinions about multiple saving/loading?
Replies: 12
Views: 5146

Re: Opinions about multiple saving/loading?

What I mean is, if your main army gets killed by the enemy (and say, you had a decent reinforcment at the castle, waiting for you to pick it up) would you load the game and avoid the event that got you killed, or would you start all over again? If it's a choice between starting from scratch or relo...
by Dacarnix_
12 Feb 2008, 21:14

okrane wrote:It was never like that. Don't trust those idiotic tooltips made by those Russian noobs...
lol.

I don't think I would have put it quite that way, but I can confirm that Ingvar's special does apply to the upgrades as well as the Defenders.
by Dacarnix_
11 Feb 2008, 21:57

Sure Bear roar affects more than one unit, but on the other hand you have less tries to trigger it. Furthermore, I prefer Paw Strike because it works on everything (except the mountain guard maybe and entangled units) while bear roar has no effect on undeads, elementals or mechanical units. After t...
by Dacarnix_
11 Feb 2008, 21:48
Topic: Question about the ability "Battle Commander"
Replies: 7
Views: 3151

How interesting! What happens if you learn this perk, then use a Memory Mentor to unlearn it? What will happen if you relearn it a few weeks later? If the map includes a Memory Mentor, then you can abuse this to get loads of War Dancers. You can also use the Memory Mentor to get lots of goblins wit...
by Dacarnix_
10 Feb 2008, 03:00

For those who care... Bear Roar has the potential to affect the 6 tiles adjacent to the White Bear in its front arc. The odds for scaring are standard for large creatures and are 2x standard for small creatures. (Potentially more creatures affected) Paw Strike can only affect the ceature attacked, b...

Go to advanced search